Harry & Meghan #255 Fook Yu.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A fred and a half late to the game, but here we go, a sweet nod to Tom Bower’s Chapter 8 about, well, her Malta trip (sorry I did not make this up, ah, this is a real story… allegedly).

Smeg understands what it's like to be from Malta since she went (as a foodie/beauty and fashion expert and an advocate to wellness of course 🤣🤣🤣) to a free trip thanks to Elle magazine to search her mixed-race roots dichotomy...
Yes, I’m late to the game as well but here’s mine.
Smeg understands what it would have been like to be transported to Australia on a convict ship because she once stole a pair of shoes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Smeg understands understanding because she understood understandable understandability

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
I hope Meghan knows that Asians are comprises more than just Chinese and Korean cultures (which differs too but share some similar history). Indians, Indonesians (Malay archipelago), Borneo (all of which are brown people) are also Asians.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Meg reviews The Favourite - starting Olivia Coleman as Queen Ann, Rachel Weiss’s as Sarah Churchill, and Emma Stoner (That red headed witch )

I saw the castle, and my eyes were filled with the tears at the travesty upon realization I was the real Favourite and should be crowned the next Queen but mean old rules and hierarchy. Pffft.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Just to throw my 2 cents in on mispronounced names like Edinburgh Tijuana is often mispronounced as “tiAjuana” there is no a in it , San Luis Obispo I have heard it mispronounced a lot as “San Looey Obispo” and the town of Lompoc ( which is pronounced Lom poke) as Lom pock. Actually made it easy to tell who wasn’t from the area 😆😆😆😆
Off topic, I know, but why is Las Vegas always pronounced LOS Vegas?

Reactions: 21
Thanks for the new thread and brilliant title. :)

Bringing this over from Twatter. :LOL:

What's the betting she tries to gatecrash backstage in LA?

Screenshot_20221005-153234_kindlephoto-778976826.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Never expected her to embark on a career as a film critic.

Wonder what she'd make of the negative stereotypes of sharks portrayed in Jaws. The fact it was a Great White shark reinforces the trope of dominance and oppression associated with whiteness. But, I once went to a shark restaurant and some of my best friends are sharks.

New game, anyone? One line film reviews as written by Megs.
Not a film review as such but did you know she turned down a part in ‘On Her Majesty’s Secret Service’ …… too much work for her! Boom, boom. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Oooh some good tea. Spoken with conviction. So break out the magnifying glasses and enjoy.
I really really hope Netflix sticks to its guns and releases all of this manure soonish and "as is"... this will blow Tiger King out of the water. I think some letters need to be sent to the CEO and Penguin.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
That was done last October.
Heh heh heh. Still relevant. Gah! They do nothing new, do they?!

I know all my doodles are in the wiki but if anyone would like me to post all of the jokey Time covers I've done, like this post and if enough like it, I will post them.
You could start a new magazine cover of The bleep?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
That was done last October.
Heh heh heh. Still relevant. Gah! They do nothing new, do they?!

I know all my doodles are in the wiki but if anyone would like me to post all of the jokey Time covers I've done, like this post and if enough like it, I will post them.
Yes, please do @Chita, while there is a lull in proceedings. I’ve seen most of them before but I’m sure the newbies will love them, and I’ll love them all over again! 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Never expected her to embark on a career as a film critic.

Wonder what she'd make of the negative stereotypes of sharks portrayed in Jaws. The fact it was a Great White shark reinforces the trope of dominance and oppression associated with whiteness. But, I once went to a shark restaurant and some of my best friends are sharks.

New game, anyone? One line film reviews as written by Megs.
She is not capable of one-line anything unless she has to make small talk with the plebs. Then it's an 'awww how long have you been here?' and she's off 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.