Harry & Meghan #10 Liz lays down the law, Sussex Royal is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a Canadian who is a ‘permanent resident with leave to remain in the U.K., I cannot collect benefits. In fact it’s printed in my passport. So by that logic, Canada should not pay ‘benefits’ to the Sussexes - ie security. If I want benefits I suspect (especially after Brexit) I will be asked to leave and return to my country of birth. So if you can’t afford it M&H, piss off back home. Or ask M’s country to pay it. I’m sure Trump will love that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The Daily Mail has an article about The Queen and Harry's bond, I hope he reads it, truly. I would be ashamed, were I Harry.

Reactions: 12
I couldn’t care less what these 2 do as long as the British Taxpayer is not funding them, including through the back door via Duchy of Cornwall.
You can see how their security costs will skyrocket, one of the reasons Kensington Palace houses many royals is to keep down the security cost. Also I can’t see how Archie can have paid protection when theYork girls paid protection was removed . The royal family really need to sort out the spare problem by the time the younger Cambridge’s are grown up.
Remember Andrew was the Harry of his generation.

Reactions: 20
Hi, I’m new here. I did not care particularly about theese two before they decided to abdicate but destroy the monarchy while parting. I was happy for Harry when he met her. I had never heard her name before or heard about ”Suits” but I read about Harry’s new girlfriend in some women’s magazine and thought ”Cool, she seems compassionate, smart and is really cute, great!”. I noticed she was described as dificult towards their staff after the wedding and also that she supposedly made Kate cry and had ghosted her father etc but I took that with a grain of salt and it didn’t made me think less of her. Neither did I ever think she was bullied by the media, those things was just normal gossip.
Talk about royal’s being bullied; look at Charles, Camilla or Fergie instead..!

Fast forward to their interview during their tour on the African continent. First I thought ”yes you get more vulnerable and emotional when you’ve just had a baby and maybe they both have a post partum depression”. I didn’t think they were right in saying that things ACTUALLY had been hard for them comparing with the rest of humanity (especially while on tour in poor countries with low life expectansies, high crime and low security, health etc). Neither were I particularly irritated by the interview.

They said they wanted out. Fine I thougt, they might as well since they were complaining so much. If they were to live a ”normal life” and wanted to fund themselves, sure, GO AHEAD. I don’t think ANYONE objected to that, not even Piers Morgan.
Not to leaving and funding themselves and live a private, normal life.

BUT THEY WERE NOT GOING TO DO THAT, and that is exactly what turned me against them.

1. They have moaned extensively about royal life, said that they’ll make sure Archie is NOT going to get a royal upbringing and will hardly know his dad’s side of his family and their decades old traditions. -STILL- they make a statement that they are still royal and could monetize on that term if they wanted, ”legally”, and that Harry remains 6th in line to the throne. WTF!! The blatant disrespect towards the monarchy from the pair of them mixed with bitterly CLINGING ON TO SOMEHOW STILL BEING ROYAL WHILE NOT FULFILLIBG THEIR DUTY AND BREAKING ALL THE RULES- THIS!!! This is what sets me off, and I think most of their critiques.

2. Btw, I don’t think Meghan has manipulated Harry, I think he is just arrogant and disrespectful and has always been. For some reason he was considered ”charming” while dancing naked with prostitutes or dressing up as a nazi at parties so maybe that is the only ”racism” I can see in the picture, that Harry has always acted like a D*** and been called ”charming” for it and now everyone is like ”he’s changed, she’s changed him.” Apperently he is still a D*** and so is she. That is why they like eachother and they are both equally arrogant, narcissistic and disrespectful to everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
So they say that they are not making a “charitable foundation” but something different.

They go on to say
“The creation of this non-profit entity will be in addition to their cause driven work that they remain deeply committed to. While The Duke and Duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organisation, given the specific UK government rules surrounding use of the word ‘Royal’, it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organisation will not utilise the name ‘Sussex Royal’ or any other iteration of ‘Royal’”

Non profit entity
Non profit organisation
???
How is this any different from a foundation? Why are they so bogged down in the semantics?
I think because it will not be ”non profit”.

It's a bit arse lickie. I don't know what to say about them anymore. I honestly think they should pipe down and seriously talk amongst themselves and their people. They are rowing themselves against the current and by doing so making themselves seem indulgent, greedy and disrespectful. I don't think their PAs are very good at all. They don't seem to be dampening the fires but fanning it. If i was Charlie I'd be over there having a chat and explaining to them why they cannot have their cake and eat it.
I think ”Charlie” has done so more than once, as well as William and the Queen and Prince Phillip. I don’t think either of them listen to or respect them a bit. I think Charlie should stop funding them ASAP after their latest ”update” and that the Queen should decide together with the government that H&M has to fund their own security and has to adjust to that (aka live in a country where it is affordable and give up jetting between Canada, USA and the UK). I also think the Queen should take back their titles as Duke and Duchess of Sussex. They want nothing to do with Britain and continuely let their friends speak really ill of Britain so they should not be called anything of Sussex!
Honestly, The Queen should also decide that Harry is no longer in the line to the throne after all of this extreme negative lobbying against Britain they both have started. I’d actually fear for the lives of the 1-5th in line to the throne if Harry and Archie is not removed from that list. Let them be common people. Harry has complained about the monarchy all his life and wants out, then have him out and close the door! Lock it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I need a stiff drink not a coffee such is my mood this morning 🤬. I have just walked out of my dentist surgery as yet again she is running late. I pay a hefty premium for private dental care and if I can make the effort to turn up on time she should make an effort to ensure her client list runs on time. I was rushed out the door last appointment so she could make up time. Sorry to derail but I am so effing mad. I'm off to stomp about and have a rampage through my wardrobe and do a clear out.
Pop a nip of brandy in that coffee hun x

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hi, I’m new here. I did not care particularly about theese two before they decided to abdicate but destroy the monarchy while parting. I was happy for Harry when he met her. I had never heard her name before or heard about ”Suits” but I read about Harry’s new girlfriend in some women’s magazine and thought ”Cool, she seems compassionate, smart and is really cute, great!”. I noticed she was described as dificult towards their staff after the wedding and also that she supposedly made Kate cry and had ghosted her father etc but I took that with a grain of salt and it didn’t made me think less of her. Neither did I ever think she was bullied by the media, those things was just normal gossip.
Talk about royal’s being bullied; look at Charles, Camilla or Fergie instead..!

Fast forward to their interview during their tour on the African continent. First I thought ”yes you get more vulnerable and emotional when you’ve just had a baby and maybe they both have a post partum depression”. I didn’t think they were right in saying that things ACTUALLY had been hard for them comparing with the rest of humanity (especially while on tour in poor countries with low life expectansies, high crime and low security, health etc). Neither were I particularly irritated by the interview.

They said they wanted out. Fine I thougt, they might as well since they were complaining so much. If they were to live a ”normal life” and wanted to fund themselves, sure, GO AHEAD. I don’t think ANYONE objected to that, not even Piers Morgan.
Not to leaving and funding themselves and live a private, normal life.

BUT THEY WERE NOT GOING TO DO THAT, and that is exactly what turned me against them.

1. They have moaned extensively about royal life, said that they’ll make sure Archie is NOT going to get a royal upbringing and will hardly know his dad’s side of his family and their decades old traditions. -STILL- they make a statement that they are still royal and could monetize on that term if they wanted, ”legally”, and that Harry remains 6th in line to the throne. WTF!! The blatant disrespect towards the monarchy from the pair of them mixed with bitterly CLINGING ON TO SOMEHOW STILL BEING ROYAL WHILE NOT FULFILLIBG THEIR DUTY AND BREAKING ALL THE RULES- THIS!!! This is what sets me off, and I think most of their critiques.

2. Btw, I don’t think Meghan has manipulated Harry, I think he is just arrogant and disrespectful and has always been. For some reason he was considered ”charming” while dancing naked with prostitutes or dressing up as a nazi at parties so maybe that is the only ”racism” I can see in the picture, that Harry has always acted like a D*** and been called ”charming” for it and now everyone is like ”he’s changed, she’s changed him.” Apperently he is still a D*** and so is she. That is why they like eachother and they are both equally arrogant, narcissistic and disrespectful to everyone else.
İ share your anger about the blatant disregard and disrespect. She was definitely manipulative from the get-go. Not sure about Harry - narcissists' victims can acquire narc traits. Doesn't excuse his behaviour but İ still see him more as victim atm, hence the RF's leniency so far.

Reactions: 13
İ share your anger about the blatant disregard and disrespect. She was definitely manipulative from the get-go. Not sure about Harry - narcissists' victims can acquire narc traits. Doesn't excuse his behaviour but İ still see him more as victim atm, hence the RF's leniency so far.
well, I believe him when he say he has a mental health problem and I think he might feel distressed. But it doesn’t excuse him for being such a traitor to his family and country. I do believe Meghan is a psychopath actually so yes, very manipulative, but how much compassion did Harry have to start with when he thought nazism was a joke? Or while exploiting sex workers?

Don’t forget new series of the Windsor’s channel 4 10pm
I was just wondering if they would do new ones? Are the new episodes about the current? 😃😃

Well I bet she is bloody sorry for the fact she didn’t make Meghan work for it. She would have been out within weeks...

Well no not wrong, it did. Two years ago people were talking about her as if she was the personal resurrection of mother Theresa. She blew it with her own petulant, arrogant, merching, lecturing behaviour. If she would have been a good girl, shaking the hands of the great unwashed a few times a week and keeping her bloody mouth shut she would have had a fairytale life. Too bad she needed to be heard and wanted people to adopt her vision of the world.
Exactly. She WAS presented as Mother Theresa in the article I first read about her. Everyone just lived her straight away unlike with Kate who actually got bullied for a decade and had to prove worthy of respect and admiration.

*loved her 😛

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
£20 million on security is an exorbitant number. I am glad that Parliament is questioning whether we should have to pay in full as taxpayers. Regardless of your political leanings, I think we can all agree that this money could definitely be spent on better things.

Meghan’s entitlement stinks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Screenshot_20200225-150448.png This is now getting out of hand.
In 2011, when they were very early 20's, these girls had their security removed, because it cost 500k.!!!!
Two girls, as opposed to Harry, who is supposedly a hard army veteran needs 20m.
I'd happily chip for B&E Screenshot_20200225-150448.png to have protection....is there some agenda I'm missing here?
Stinks.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
View attachment 88193This is now getting out of hand.
In 2011, when they were very early 20's, these girls had their security removed, because it cost 500k.!!!!
Two girls, as opposed to Harry, who is supposedly a hard army veteran needs 20m.
I'd happily chip for B&E View attachment 88193to have protection....is there some agenda I'm missing here?
Stinks.
It’s bloody madness. They get nothing yet they live here, carry out duties/charity work and behave themselves. H&M get millions for leaving the country, taking the piss and making money by selling their story the the highest bidder.

For their normal ‘private’ life to begin they need to get jobs like ‘normal/private’ people. Though what they could actually do is debatable. If harry had been born into a working class family and not gone to posh schools he’d be unemployable with his lack of education. As for meghan, let her go back to acting, hostessing etc. Let’s see how long they would last on that sort of money.

The longer this goes on the angrier I’m getting with them.

£20 million on security is an exorbitant number. I am glad that Parliament is questioning whether we should have to pay in full as taxpayers. Regardless of your political leanings, I think we can all agree that this money could definitely be spent on better things.

Meghan’s entitlement stinks.
Are they questioning it? I hope so.

• Heart
View attachment 88193This is now getting out of hand.
I'd happily chip for B&E View attachment 88193to have protection....is there some agenda I'm missing here?
Stinks.
He's a hard army veteran that apparently can't cope with the clicks from a camera.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
He's a hard army veteran that apparently can't cope with the clicks from a camera.
He’s an arse. I’m sick of the sight of him. He seemed perfectly comfortable on his wedding day when there were a million cameras clicking away.

• Heart
Don’t forget new series of the Windsor’s channel 4 10pm
Good call. If you rewatch now the special they did for the Markle wedding, they were spot on about almost everything, which was quite impressive considering it was made in advance of the Big Day.

Reactions: 5
I have to say I think 'paid security' should come only under conditions. I mean I would debate, in general, why exactly they really warrant government funded security anyway - okay he is Royal (but now not really), but actually a pretty insignificant person otherwise. If something bad happened to him it would be dreadful, but would it really be that significant for the country?

And they have made themselves notorious - if they kept their heads down then they could fade into obscurity fairly easily.

Celebrities with a very big profile have to fund their own security. If H & M want to become celebrities rather than Royals, then why shouldn't they pay for it themselves?

Coming back to my original point, I think paid security should only be awarded in the case that you are actively working for your country, and under specific conditions - for example you must reside in the UK, and adhere to rules about travel etc. Any activities taken outside of that then it should be at your own risk or decision to fund your own security as needed.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.