Harry and Meghan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks eerie. She looks very much more of a city mansion girl.. not a old cottage with 10 rooms and ponds and garden type of girl.

And was the Queen being sarcastic, gifting a house with a history like that purposely to Meghan.

"Wallis Simpson preceded Meghan as the first American divorcee to marry a royal, which led to Edward's abdication of the throne in 1936.
The grounds also include the Mausoleum of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, as well as the Royal Burial Ground where Harry’s great great uncle, the abdicated King Edward VIII, is buried with his wife Wallis Simpson. "

Reactions: 13
I don't think Megan and Kate have anything in common. Kate is pretty simple and Megan is highly driven and ambitious. I bet they grate on each other just having to attend functions together. But them living next door in Kensington place is still several streets away in my pleb distances.

I would miss having Wholefoods high Street ken as my local supermarket, not that I can ever buy more than one or two things from there as a treat.

Reactions: 9
Kate's totally British... Meghan's totally Hollywood style .. haha I'm picturing Kate asking Meghan what she did in her free time and Meghan's like juice cleanse and yoga.

They probably couldn't hold a conversation for more than 30 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Kate's totally British... Meghan's totally Hollywood style .. haha I'm picturing Kate asking Meghan what she did in her free time and Meghan's like juice cleanse and yoga.

They probably couldn't hold a conversation for more than 30 minutes.
Would love to be a fly on the wall. I bet Meghan is not interested in discussing pregnancy and child raising advice with Kate. Can't see them being close as fellow mothers. I know we know nothing, but from the pictures alone I sense Meghan and Kate 're both difficult to get on with.

Reactions: 6
Megan has no time for Bea or Eug, those minor royals offer her nothing in power or intellect.

From the mail today, sounds believable.

The Duchess of Cambridge was left in tears after Princess Charlotte's bridesmaid dress fitting ahead of Meghan's wedding, sources say.

Kate, 36, - who had just given birth to Prince Louis at the time - was said to be 'feeling quite emotional', according to an insider.

It comes amid rumours of a rift between Meghan, 37, and Kate, who are described being 'very different people' who 'don't really get on', following the announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be moving away from Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage.

Meanwhile, Prince Harry and Meghan are said to left Princess Eugenie 'upset' after not attending the evening reception on Friday following the wedding.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...bridesmaid-dress-fitting-Meghans-wedding.html

Reactions: 5
Megan has no time for Bea or Eug, those minor royals offer her nothing in power or intellect.

From the mail today, sounds believable.

The Duchess of Cambridge was left in tears after Princess Charlotte's bridesmaid dress fitting ahead of Meghan's wedding, sources say.

Kate, 36, - who had just given birth to Prince Louis at the time - was said to be 'feeling quite emotional', according to an insider.

It comes amid rumours of a rift between Meghan, 37, and Kate, who are described being 'very different people' who 'don't really get on', following the announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be moving away from Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage.

Meanwhile, Prince Harry and Meghan are said to left Princess Eugenie 'upset' after not attending the evening reception on Friday following the wedding.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...bridesmaid-dress-fitting-Meghans-wedding.html
With all the renovations been paid by the tax payers?

Just popped in to say I’m so sorry that you have an American to contend with. Without knowing too much about them, it’s just kind of sad to me.

You know how when you cast people into roles, like some people just get cast to be a villain?
I kind of picture Meghan to be the one who will asked her husband to kill the King and take over the throne so that she'll be Queen

Luckily things don't work that way now :LOL:

Anyway many people hate family gathering, royal or not. They can be just that too

Unpopular opinion here but I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to move away to have some peace and quiet and a life separate from your in-laws? I mean didn't Will and Kate move when Kate was first expecting? Yes, it's a palace but I think it's weird to expect everyone to live together all under one roof. Then again, I don't really care for the BRF (or royal families in general) to begin with considering their sketchy history with colonialism, racism, at the expense of taxpayers, etc.

As for the renovations, Will and Kate did the same thing when Kate was first expecting and they moved. I mean is it such a scandal that a man who's lived in his brother's shadow his whole life wants to concentrate on establishing his own family? Don't get me wrong, Meghan has done some things that I found warranted some side-eyeing (like at Eugenie's wedding) but I don't think piling all the blame on Meghan for everything is also fair considering the sources are The Sun and The Daily Mail...

Reactions: 5
Just popped in to say I’m so sorry that you have an American to contend with. Without knowing too much about them, it’s just kind of sad to me.
Honestly, it's not that she's American. It really isn't. I'm sure there are tons of perfectly lovely American ladies, with class and manners who would do our Royal family proud. Someone like Jacqueline Onassis would've set style standards and been adored. It's Meghan that's the problem, it doesn't matter where she was born, I am sure people would've disliked her if she was British born. The fact that she was married twice before, that she has nudes available online, that she has all but abandoned her family and friends, that she has lied to Harry and said she is practically an orphan and is a very clear social climber to name but a few things. That she promised to support British fashion during her engagement, then as soon as she married wore nothing but expensive foreign top designer. Or lied to Harry that she did not know who he or his mother were, when her friend revealed she was a big fan of Diana and had a book about him on her bookshelf. Hearing Harry talk at their engagement about how she didn't know who he was when they met, and how refreshing, and how happy he was that she now finally had a family, it was staggering how she duped him. I could see her inwardly cringe & swifly talk over him & change the subject as he was blabbing so much! haha He really is not smart at all!! It's just endless. It's difficult to find things to compliment her.

Having said all that, maybe she's a good match for Harry, he himself is no angel, playing strip poker and running around completely naked in vegas with strangers (who sold his pics) and dressing as a Nazi etc etc

People are just disappointed he didn't marry a nice girl. I don't see him ever leaving her, I think he's utterly bewitched and besotted. It will take her leaving him, which many people believe will happen, and their current anger is that they think Harry will be hurt and destroyed, and we've already seen that happen to him when his mother passed when he was still a child. If she goes, and it's likely she will, she seems hard nosed and more concerned with a career and popularity in America, she will have people baying for her blood here. It remains to see if she has the balls to do that, or if she is genuinely in love with Harry, and not acting. The fact that she has left two other husbands in the lurch, and does not seem besotted with harry, or even respectful of his family and traditions, does not bode well. Meghan is addicted to fame, according to her friend circle before Harry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Honestly, it's not that she's American. It really isn't. I'm sure there are tons of perfectly lovely American ladies, with class and manners who would do our Royal family proud. Someone like Jacqueline Onassis would've set style standards and been adored. It's Meghan that's the problem, it doesn't matter where she was born, I am sure people would've disliked her if she was British born. The fact that she was married twice before, that she has nudes available online, that she has all but abandoned her family and friends, that she has lied to Harry and said she is practically an orphan and is a very clear social climber to name but a few things. That she promised to support British fashion during her engagement, then as soon as she married wore nothing but expensive foreign top designer. Or lied to Harry that she did not know who he or his mother were, when her friend revealed she was a big fan of Diana and had a book about him on her bookshelf. Hearing Harry talk at their engagement about how she didn't know who he was when they met, and how refreshing, and how happy he was that she now finally had a family, it was staggering how she duped him. I could see her inwardly cringe & swifly talk over him & change the subject as he was blabbing so much! haha He really is not smart at all!! It's just endless. It's difficult to find things to compliment her.

Having said all that, maybe she's a good match for Harry, he himself is no angel, playing strip poker and running around completely naked in vegas with strangers (who sold his pics) and dressing as a Nazi etc etc
Meghan's father's side of the family is awful though. I don't blame her for not having ANY sort of relationship with them. They are toxic people and if I had family members selling stories to the tabloids for a bit of money and trying to piggyback off my marriage b/c of who I married then good riddance. I believe Meghan was only married once prior to Harry? I know divorce is frowned upon but considering some of the RBF members have also divorced and remarried (Charles for example), I'm not going to fault Meghan for being a divorcee. As for her nudes, I highly doubt she released those on her own accord and I'm not going to slut-shame someone because an ex or someone decided to release them as revenge. Even Kate had topless pics taken at the expense of paparazzi. It's such an invasion of privacy and disrespect to the victim.

Is Meghan a social climber, definitely. Her career in Hollywood was never going to ascend her into the A-list strata and the show Suits is likely coming to an end. Kate is also a social climber, though unlike Meghan, Kate's family was well-off to begin with. Her mother pretty much pushed Kate into Will's circle and wasn't there a running joke on her nickname as Waity Katie? Again, unpopular opinion here but I think the RBF is highly overrated. They have done and said questionable things (Harry's Nazi costume, Harry using racial slurs while in the army, being part of the Panama Papers, Princess Michael and that brooch, and don't get me started on the awfulness of Prince Philip). There's always something to criticize about anyone but it's also important to be objective and not blindly absorb everything from gossip rags like the awfulness of the Daily Mail (I know this is a gossip forum so that irony is not lost on me). FYI, I'm not a fan of Meghan or the BRF and could care either way but I do think her being an outsider and also being half black plays a large part in how stories about her are portrayed.

Reactions: 10
Apparently Meghan was married twice before and had the first one annulled.

She has disowned both her family and childhood friends. The only person now in her circle is her mother. Her family are playing up as they have been completely ghosted. Even her long time friend spoke up against Meghan as she was also ghosted. One person or two maybe I can say are probably toxic, but when it's a whole band of people you used to be close with, it speaks volumes about you as a person.

Btw I'm not slut shaming anyone, I was explaining to someone who thought the fact she was American was the reason people don't like her. No it's because a lot of people would've prefered someone with a cleaner slate. I don't have video's of me dancing around on holiday naked. And I'm guessing most other people don't. It's not slut shaming. Sleeping around then calling them a slag is actual slut shaming. Being naked is not being a slut!

I don't think anyone cares about her being half black, interesting you think that is the problem. Also that you see her as an outsider somehow.

You can literally nitpick what I wrote, but I stand by my comments as I've chatted to a lot of people in various levels of age etc and they have all given me the same feedback :) Doesn't meant it's my personal opinion. Harry could marry an actual toad for all I care, I don't particularly like him or the royal family so I don't care what they do or don't do.

Also, this is a critical part of the forum, and judging by your other post on this thread, I think you'd feel far more comfortable starting a new thread under Rave About : Meghan, I suspect it will be rather lonely though! ;) You definitely won't change my opinion on anything, only Meghan can do that. So far, she has failed dismally, and no amount of but she's half black, but she's an outsider, but her family are toxic guys! Will convince me otherwise. You'll have to come up with a much stronger argument. Good luck! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve got mixed opinions on them but I do think the whole thing with her family around the wedding was really mismanaged. Her father was thrown into a spotlight in a really unfair way. Yes he shouldn’t talk to the press but it really seemed like he was abandoned. When it was announced a week or so before he wasn’t attending I couldn’t understand why he hadn’t come over to the UK long before - just to become slightly more comfortable with the whole thing, learn a tiny bit of the culture- honestly couldn’t imagine that guy ever walking her down the aisle. But if she had really wanted it she could have helped it seem less of a culture clash from the engagement announcement at the very latest.

Even her mother flew over so soon before, I found it odd. Why not bring her over a few weeks before, her her accustomed to things, meet some of the royals not to mention the time difference. She arrived so shortly before she was surely jet lagged.

It all just seeemed odd.

The rest of the family, her half sister for instance just seem like oppprtunistic trash and I can understand not wanting to involve them. But I think she really let down her parents - clearly ashamed of her father, but even her mother should have been treated better.

Reactions: 7
Apparently Meghan was married twice before and had the first one annulled.

She has disowned both her family and childhood friends. The only person now in her circle is her mother. Her family are playing up as they have been completely ghosted. Even her long time friend spoke up against Meghan as she was also ghosted. One person or two maybe I can say are probably toxic, but when it's a whole band of people you used to be close with, it speaks volumes about you as a person.

Btw I'm not slut shaming anyone, I was explaining to someone who thought the fact she was American was the reason people don't like her. No it's because a lot of people would've prefered someone with a cleaner slate. I don't have video's of me dancing around on holiday naked. And I'm guessing most other people don't. It's not slut shaming. Sleeping around then calling them a slag is actual slut shaming. Being naked is not being a slut!

I don't think anyone cares about her being half black, interesting you think that is the problem. Also that you see her as an outsider somehow.

You can literally nitpick what I wrote, but I stand by my comments as I've chatted to a lot of people in various levels of age etc and they have all given me the same feedback :) Doesn't meant it's my personal opinion. Harry could marry an actual toad for all I care, I don't particularly like him or the royal family so I don't care what they do or don't do.

Also, this is a critical part of the forum, and judging by your other post on this thread, I think you'd feel far more comfortable starting a new thread under Rave About : Meghan, I suspect it will be rather lonely though! ;) You definitely won't change my opinion on anything, only Meghan can do that. So far, she has failed dismally, and no amount of but she's half black, but she's an outsider, but her family are toxic guys! Will convince me otherwise. You'll have to come up with a much stronger argument. Good luck! :ROFLMAO:
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I am raving about Meghan. We can have different opinions. You were offering your POV and I was pointing out how my views differ from yours. Way to jump to conclusions that I am a fan of Meghan's because I'm not bashing on every single thing she has done and going off of gossip from The Daily Mail and The Sun. I have criticized that Meghan is far from perfect. She's done questionable things but you're only focusing on the fact that I didn't agree with you and seeing it as a personal attack when that wasn't the case at all.

Unless the people you have spoken with are direct acquaintances of the BRF, everything is hearsay. And speaking with different people who have the same exact viewpoints as you doesn't mean it's 100% correct and your argument is therefore infallible. Being able to acknowledge different viewpoints but also putting in your own input is what makes for a healthy debate. Again, my previous comments weren't direct attacks at you but more so a casual observance on the couple itself and the criticisms they are receiving. The idea you are frowning upon that Meghan even has nude pictures or videos is in a way slut-shaming even if you're not calling her a slag directly. Yes, it's not a 'clean' slate but with today's technology and the casual attitude towards sex/dating these days, if someone has private pictures of them nude or even dancing in their birthday suit then that is their pregorative to do so. The blame should be on the person who leaked it and not on Meghan, that is what I meant.

My original comment was directed towards how it seems a bit hypocritical how it's a big deal Harry and Meghan are moving out when Will and Kate have done the same thing in the past as well. Or that Meghan is a social climber when Kate did the same thing in university. So Meghan has failed you somehow, okay. I don't know these people that well enough to be that invested or say they have failed me directly in my day-to-day life. You are entitled to feel upset and outraged that a person like Meghan has married into the BRF. Again, that is your opinion just as mine is that it's nbd, unless Meghan is killing children or stealing from the poor. She married someone who also has a questionable background as hers. I think they're pretty well-suited.

Reactions: 8
She's really not liked is she

Revealed: 'Dictatorial' bride Meghan wanted air fresheners for 'musty' 15th-century St George's Chapel... but the Palace said no

According to well-placed royal sources, the soon to be Duchess of Sussex, pictured on her wedding day, left, asked for air fresheners to be deployed before her guests arrived at St George's Chapel in Windsor, pictured right. The same insiders report that Meghan's request to use atomisers did not find favour with Buckingham Palace, which swiftly pointed out that the chapel was a regular place of worship for the Queen - as it had been for successive monarchs since 1475 - and if it was good enough for them, it would be good enough for her. The fascinating vignette about the royal wedding on May 19 comes amid speculation about Meghan's friendship with her sister-in-law the Duchess of Cambridge - which is not believed to be close - after it was announced that Meghan and Prince Harry are to move out of Kensington Palace to live in Frogmore Cottage, Windsor, early next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
“Didn’t I tell you this girl was up to something”
Wendy Williams ?

Reactions: 1
I agree it's toxic to pit women against women, but so many people Meghan seems to have rubbed up the wrong way regardless of genitals.

She social climbed her way out of my orbit': Piers Morgan accuses Meghan Markle of 'acting her way to the top' and reveals she 'GHOSTED' him when she 'met someone more important'
By Amie Gordon For Mailonline10:40, 04 Dec 2018, updated 12:22, 04 Dec 2018

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.