Harry and Meghan #93 God Save Our Queen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well say what you like about Fergie but I quite like(ish) her these days.
She took heed of the utter mess she made of her life and has moved on, earning for herself without milking the money udders of Brenda like smeggy is doing. I love that she does the children stuff dressed like a total nutter and just goes for it. It's oddly endearing.

Reactions: 38

"Face plant".

Reactions: 10
Yes, I suppose I'm mostly dunking on 80s, 90s and 00s Fergie. 10s Fergie, removed from any position of anybody really caring about her or spending taxpayer money on her, and just embracing the fact that she's a bit of a berk is OK(ish).

Reactions: 9
My hubby has some old-school journalist friends - the saying at the DM, News of the Screws (remember?), etc. was ‘don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story’. Think that may have been Kelvin MacKenzie at The Sun? Happily, he’s no friend of H and M, btw.

Tbh, they'll all come from loaded families, so won't need the cash. I bet it must be absolutely fascinating to be so close to the RF, but without a lot of the stress of actually being in the RF.

Reactions: 33
America need to wake-up - China rules the world.
Yes, in many ways. I’m from the States originally, left in ‘84 for many reasons - one big one was I was sick and tired of living in a country that went around sticking it’s nose in other people’s business (and lecturing) instead of clearing up their own messes first.
My God, that’s almost 40 years ago and they’re even worse now! One forgets that when one points the finger, there are three pointing back at oneself. Psychologists call it transference, I think. Whatever it is, yes, it’s a diversionary tactic. The problems they’ve got there, foremost guns and inequality, appear to be insurmountable.

Reactions: 23
A bit of deflection from their own internal problems. Still really really really annoying though.
Actually, we don't feel that way. In fact, most of us feel we could learn something - well, a lot of things, actually - from the UK and if every other country should give up their culture and conform to our (sub) standards then modern civilization will fall. Please know that US publications do not represent the average American's point of view and that most of our publications originate from the far let Hollywood powerbase - regardless of the publication's mailing address. The so-called news outlets are entertainment based; not news based. Same with TV broadcasting. Very embarrassing. It might surprise you how intertwined the entertainment and news industries are; even owned by the same company. Please don't interpret everything you read from the US outlets as de facto truth. And as far as the "woke" movement, insert a vomit emoji.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
Not sure if these guys have been shared before but they are great and have done a few podcasts/videos about M!

and yet the harkles want MORE money for NOT working and living abroad... service is universal.

Reactions: 25
Also that interview was about climate change and environmental protection (never knew the royals were so into it especially when it wasn't trendy) and Prince Philip's French was good - it wasn't basic and he was using complex tenses.

Reactions: 22
Long time lurker but curiosity has gotten the better of me...I am seriously late to the party but I keep reading tiny bits about the tea throwing incident but can’t seem to find the context of it anywhere...anyone want to fill me in? I’m very intrigued

Reactions: 9
Wasn't Anna Pasternak the one who wrote that unpleasant article about Catherine and the Middletons, snobbish and scathing, and Vanity Fair had to run a correction after a complaint from BP?
Yep! Somebody’s probably already said it but Pasternak is close friends with the ex-Tatler journalist Vanessa Mulroney. Vanessa is the sister-in-law of Jessica Mulroney, Smeg’s BFFF. If Smeg can’t be Queen then nobody can. She’ll be taking out a contract on the ravens at the Tower of London next.

Reactions: 12
Well said DoubleOld we all like Americans they are friendly and forthright but just hate their foreign policies and patronising others. It is a wonderful Country with spectacular scenery and nice people but I just hate the gun culture and it horrifies people here. You sound lovely though

Reactions: 17
New thread suggestion 94# H is leaving on a jet plane, Brits sing "please don't come back again"

Reactions: 40
If it's true as Skippy says that H&M have had backers from day one, presumably this means that these backers have money and savvy. What makes me think this isn't true is that if it was a big plan the backers would have top notch PR and the Harkles would be under contract to follow their instructions. Instead it's been a PR disaster from the start with these two loose canons, makes no sense to me.

Reactions: 20
But she also called the interview they did ‘an exercise in disrespect’.

i think the article is more borne out of lingering friendship for Hewitt and sympathy for Diana more than anything else.

Reactions: 5
This Quora post has a good summary.

Reactions: 11
I paraphrase but there was a story that he was told by the Canadian ambassador or that he spoke good French for an Englishman and told him ‘I’m not English and I’ve been speaking French since before you were born’

Reactions: 27
Yes, it's all a mystery - and yet a lot of the predictions in the London Scoop 'leaks' or rumours have come to pass. I'm not on board with it all, but I think it's very interesting to read.
Maybe M is so pathologically narcissistic, stubborn, thinks she knows best, decides to handle her own PR etc, that she is, as you say, a genuinely loose cannon. I've read quite a few people speculating along these lines, especially after the tin-eared, disrespectful stuff that came out during PP's funeral. No proper PR company would behave like that. Her high-handed and bullying ways may also be the reason that she'd be left with a dangling label on her dress or a badly creased skirt - she was so difficult to work with that her staff just retreated and left her to make her mistakes.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.