Harry and Meghan #93 God Save Our Queen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The RF have played a blinder on this whole thing. By not commenting on the interview- except “recollections may vary” and William angrily saying “we are very much not a racist family”, they have made the interview look like it’s not even worth their breath. I think Charles or William would have angrily replied to every inaccuracy but luckily the queen has more foresight. The interview is forever linked with Prince Philip and all the PR bullshit since makes the terrible two look like selfish brats. Her colours are really starting to show- even to people who would have liked her or at least sympathised with her. Charles looked so broken and all of the articles have the royal family as the wronged party now- Piers Morgan spoke too soon. If he said he didn’t believe her now, he probably wouldn’t get fired now because all the articles and even news commentary are talking about Harry apologising, not the RF begging for his forgiveness.
PiersM spoke as quickly as he needed to for his own benefit.
Maybe he looked rash but I doubt his agent is loosing sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
William - as President of the Football Assocation - wading in against the new Super League dominating today's papers. Telegraph also has a little bit about Kate as 'future queen'. Can hear the rage emanating from Montecito from here.

View attachment 537507
View attachment 537508View attachment 537509View attachment 537510
Terrible news for football but great that it’s knocked any MM articles off the front pages.

Separately, I wish that ALL the media gave The Duchess of Cambridge the respect she deserves. After 10 years of marriage, she’s NOT Kate Middleton. Calling her the DoC or Catherine (Cambridge) whilst still referring to HFEW as Meghan Markle would be perfect - and in addition, no doubt p*** HFEW off.

Reactions: 36
If Fergie babysat the grandchild on the day of the funeral as reported, does this suggest that E&E are back living with ma and pa, so in their bubble? i know there are different rules around bubbles and newborns but surely they wouldn’t have JCMH and his protection mob, staying with them whilst he was quarantining. Frogmore isn’t that huge.
Just remembered that one of the articles a day or two ago (possibly DM) mentioned Eugenie and Jack were staying with Andrew and Sarah, it was only mentioned in passing. @Baguette might know which article it was.

Reactions: 14
If I wasn't so cross with Harry I'd suggest keeping him here for his own good, and sending over Gary Windass as a replacement; they're equal in measures of scruffiness, gingerness, baldness and spitefulness. I doubt the wife would notice any difference.
...or the ITV woke weatherboy whose name escapes me.
He’s keen to be seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My understanding is that Frogmore still belongs to the crown but the gruesome twosome were allowed to live in it and all the alterations they wanted were paid for by us, the taxpayers! When they decided to do one they were told they could use it as their home when they visited UK but had to pay rent for it even when not visiting and it was lying empty. Probably this was being paid for by PC.
Eugenia went to live in it for about 6 weeks and I bet they were charging her rent. She then moved back to Kensington Palace but I believe is now back at Frogmore.
I think the RF have probably claimed back Frogmore, told PH and wife they no longer have a 'home' here so don't have to pay the rent (which they probably never did anyway) and the cottage can be loaned out to whoever the RF wish.
Yes though the ‘moving out after 6 weeks’ was around the birth of August so it could also just have been Eugenie wanting her mum close and staying at Royal Lodge as she learnt to be a mother herself. But yes, it’s clearly now the Brooksbank’s, not the Sussexes’. We know the Sussexes’ junk was packed up and shipped for them. I think it’s just Mondeceito puff PR claiming it’s still their UK residence as it sounds posh and still terribly royal, don’tchu know?!

Reactions: 18
Why do you worry about Bea? Her ex hasn’t said a word and Edo has plenty of his own money.

I would have thought Eugenie might be more of a worry, with the favourite cousin thing and Jack knowing the Clooney’s and them being friendly with the Harkles. Although we don’t know whether they still are.
Gut survival for the Clones would be to keep close with E&J & cast H&M(pariahs) aside.
Both Clooneys have had to work, although they came from well off backgrounds, to achieve their success & are an easier fit with E&J.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Fergie didn't get a good payout, and her lifestyle isn't as high as HFW wants hers to be.

Her payout will be based on Harry's income, which won't be much - he's done less time in the forces than A so his pension will be less.

They will probably pay for the kids schooling, but pay the school directly so it doesn't get skimmed, any house bought for her will be put in the kids names not hers.

She really has no clue what's headed her way.
I would give a lot to be in the room the day this lot is fully explained and laid out before her.

To be able to see Haribaldi's current wife's face as the penny drops and all her neurons explode, sweet.

Reactions: 23

Colour me shocked. I guess this is referencing the wreath details.

The reason we all know the little detail about the alliterate one from the funeral is that her PR team made sure the world knew. Had to make it about herself.
The comments on that article are well worth a look ...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The H letters are undoubtedly being written by her, carefully crafted so they can be leaked at any time. Probably with a mental health/ racism angle.
LINE OF DUTY! Markle is H !!! DefinAtely. ;) (that'll be my last reference to UK programmes, promise) 😇

...or the ITV woke weatherboy whose name escapes me.
He’s keen to be seen.
Alex Beresford (spit!) ... the occasional weatherman.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I would give a lot to be in the room the day this lot is fully explained and laid out before her.

To be able to see Haribaldi's current wife's face as the penny drops and all her neurons explode, sweet.
Yep, she won't be due much at all, he has nothing but his inheritance and she has to stick the marriage out for a while yet. Any money she gets will come from Charles and have caveats attached and NDAs, assuming lessons were learned after Fergie.

Reactions: 24
Has there been anything to suggest he’s fallen out of love with her, or are we just wishful thinking? Genuine question - sometimes I think he must be but then I think I’m just projecting.
How miserable he looks with her on videos makes me think he's regretting running away with her

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Alex Beresford (spit!) ... the occasional weatherman.
It annoyed me unreasonably when Gayle King insisted that Beresford was actually Piers Morgan's 'co-anchor- or 'co-host' because she didn't accept the assertion that he was a weatherman!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I think the telegraph article said Eugénie was at her parents’ home. Henry probably had frog more to himself (and his security obvs 😂)

Reactions: 12
Just seen the story about Harry writing a letter to Charles. Really made me cross. Charles has looked totally overcome by recent events and I was surprised how much we've seen him crying and visibly upset. Not that I'm surprised he is that upset, but I am surprised that the Royal Family are letting it be seen. I'm all for it as I think men have often been taught to suppress their emotions in the past. I see it as a modern, open move from the RF and showing that they aren't hiding feelings/emotions i.e. positive mental health attitude.

But putting oneself in Charles' shoes, he's just lost his Dad, they must all be terribly worried about the Queen and how she'll cope without him and on top of that Charles knows he is next in line to the throne and that must be a massive head-duck. I'm sure the Queen has many more years of duty in her and will stay strong through this but PP going must remind them all that she won't last forever. I don't know what the general public view is but in the past C has been quite bullied by the press and disliked and it must be incredibly daunting.

So why on earth does Harry think its appropriate to send a crappy letter? Its hardly going to straighten anything out when we all now know that H and HFEW knew fine well that PP was dying and still chose to air their childish, self-centred, lie-infested crock of shite to the world as though they were entitled to air their petty grievances and as if any of us actually give a tit what they think their problems are.

Actually though it is starting to look to me like a massive own goal and I'm quite pleased with how the palace are handling it. I think that in the wake of the interview alot of people would be greatly more sympathetic to the RF. We all have family rifts and difficulties and most of us know that these should be put to one side when a funeral or illness takes over. This human side we've seen and can all relate to (especially in the context of the pandemic) is really helping their image I think. And I think its great that they have focussed on their family memories so much. It must be making the Sussexes seeth!

I really like the thought that they have sown the seeds of their own destruction and that it is slowly coming to fruition.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
That's all very well but really not possible, as long as Meghan is part of the equation she will continue being divisive and continue causing trouble. I think ultimately that the RF will have to distance themselves from having a meaningful relationship with Harry while he and Meghan are in a relationship.

Reactions: 30
Not sure how to edit wiki and as a newbie I probably can't but I thought HFEW was an acronym for Harry's FUTURE ex wife and not Harry's FIRST ex wife?
Maybe someone could correct it or me ?:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not sure how to edit wiki and as a newbie I probably can't but I thought HFEW was an acronym for Harry's FUTURE ex wife and not Harry's FIRST ex wife?
Maybe someone could correct it or me ?:unsure:
Perhaps we need:
HFW - Harry's First (or bleeping!) Wife
HFEW - Harry's Future Ex Wife

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.