Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she came it would have meant someone wouldn’t have been able to.

Knowing Meghan she probs wanted to take HMTQ space if she did come.

By her not coming it made things easier and TQ was able to invite those who PP wanted there.

I wasn’t convinced spouses of grandchildren (apart from Catherine) were going to attend because of numbers but they are all there except MM. Part of me wishes she wasn’t actually pregnant because I’d really love to know if she had the balls to come or not! I really wouldn’t know which way to call it, I think I lean towards she would have actually come because she’s a raging narc and wouldn’t want to miss the opportunity to make it all about her. She doesn’t have a gracious bone in her body.

Annoyingly we will never know as both sides of the camp can hide behind the pregnancy story. I was convinced she wasn’t even invited but I’m not so sure now seeing this list and also the Queen ordering no uniforms to please Harry and Andrew. She may have invited Meghan after all, to try and heal the family. (She’s a bigger person than I am!).

I guess time will tell in the future if she will ever have the balls to come back to the UK. There will be other opportunities, she won’t be able to hide behind her pregnancy story forever.

Reactions: 16
Yah, gotta say I've changed my mind re the uniforms. At first I was fuming but actually I wonder if the men in grey suits advised it to avoid baby hazza standing out. Yanno, the lonely black suited mourner stripped of his rightful uniform while the peacocks strut around him, scenario that smeggy and sunshinesux would use to full advantage. Now he is just another figure in a dark suit and they can't whine that he was discriminated against.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Apologies if this has been posted before.

Mind you, Hazza is so bloody dense that he'd need written instructions to find the front door, never mind the airport by himself.
Can’t even get dressed properly on his own...

1618504602049.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I'm glad they are separated by Peter Philipps. Says to me, loud and clear William is in no forgiving mood! And I'm glad to hear that.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Put like that, it’s really sickening :sick:.
Yes indeed, it certainly is sickening but unfortunately tactically necessary in the war that smeggy has waged on the Royals.
Phil would understand and be glad that they've offered no ammunition to cuntchops. He tended to be realistic that way and would only want what is best for the Family.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Good point - I can see Anne in uniform but not the others... I don't really see why they have to have anything to do with the services if they haven't actually served in them - it is rather old-fashioned to automatically expect a Royal to be the head of these things. Ah well, it may be something that is addressed in the near future.
Because I would rather they, the forces, honour the queen than the prime minister.

ETA this is probably why they have honorary positions and uniforms because the services pledge allegiance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Yah, gotta say I've changed my mind re the uniforms. At first I was fuming but actually I wonder if the men in grey suits advised it to avoid baby hazza standing out. Yanno, the lonely black suited mourner stripped of his rightful uniform while the peacocks strut around him, scenario that smeggy and sunshinesux would use to full advantage. Now he is just another figure in a dark suit and they can't whine that he was discriminated against.
I’m still annoyed the funeral isn’t as planned but it’s another point on the ‘Harry is a bleeptit list pinned on the Head Courtier’s palace wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Viscount Lynley as was I think...
Yes, David Linley.

I’m glad they’re not making Harry and William do some false thing for the cameras. None of us would buy it anyway. Peter is bumped so far down the list he gets forgotten but he was their first grandchild so it’s quite nice he’ll have more of a spotlight. Plus he’s meant to be quite a calm soul so perhaps they know he can be trusted not to nut the idiot!

I’m also glad Penny Brabourne made the list. She’s been devoted to Philip over the years. I know the rumours. I don’t know enough to judge but I do know Philip regarded all the Mountbattens as his UK family so to me it would be an unlikely place to choose a paramour from, even if she did marry in. I’m going to choose to believe the innocence of a very good friendship.

Interesting too that Jack and Edo made the list while the Duchesses of Kent and Gloucester didn’t.

If it’s anything like the strangeness of my grandparents’ joint funeral recently they won’t really have any talking time at all. Saying hello and then getting on with the service and then goodbye. (We’re having a scattering ashes meet up this summer just to make up for the weird sterility of a Covid funeral.) Harry can escape and do a bunk and that’ll be that. Good riddance!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
What do people know about that Shola woman who used to scream at Piers Morgan on GMB? Is she being paid by Meg too? Scobie featured in her "magazine" so I was just wondering.

He goes on about "tabloids being critical" of him but does he realise it's because he's not a proper journalist and he actually knows nothing about how the royal family works. He's just M's mouthpiece.
Grovelling Scrotie's in good company here with Shola and old Naomi, one's a peabrained banshee and the other's an abusive phone -throwing hag. As Kweene Minge becomes more of a joke Scrote gets tarnished as her press puppet. He scraped along OK as a Royal Reporter as long as the lies he wrote on her behalf weren't uncovered, but now the lid is off he's been Markled, is sinking fast and sounds desperate. His fate is tied very closely to hers and he's got the possibility of ANL's appeal to look forward to...

Because I would rather they honour the queen than the prime minister.
I swore allegiance to the Queen when I joined the WRAF and, even after all these years, I still feel that it stands. When she passes, it will end.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m quite glad about the no uniforms thing.

If Harry had been the only one in mourning dress some morons people would have felt sorry for him.

This way all anyone will see is that no one could wear uniforms - because of him. It highlights his pathetic entitlement and the impact it has on others. Same goes for his slime bucket of an uncle too.

Reactions: 41
I agree, it doesn't make him look special, surrounded by pomp, everyone will look like a normal family and he won't be able to cry victim.

Also it shows him and Andrew up because of everything that was important to them, to the others it's more important the focus is on Philip not on who bloody wears what.
Interestingly, isn’t their ‘proper’ military service the only thing either of them ever did, meaning the only ‘job’ they get credit for not entirely messing up? Not sure how much either actually did vs. were photo-opted doing (and, also, my understanding is H wasn’t smart enough to fly so he was, at most, co-pilot), but I think both H and A set a massive amount of store by their having seen real service. William’s ‘doesn’t count’, though given how dangerous helicopters are, what he did was in actuality at least if not more meaningful.

In any case, it would seem their egos will be much more tied up in wearing the uniforms than everyone else’s. Something similar’s been said here already, isn’t it actually major shade that they’re deprived of the one thing that sets them apart from the others? I saw it as pandering as well, but on reflection, I think it’s the worst outcome for them, while no one else will probably care much. And, as has also already been said, it may be precisely what Prince Philip wished :).

Nobody can tell what the medals are when they’re on a suit, no ego-boosting opportunity 😂. The Queen and her team are pros.

• Heart
I think M realises she has p*ssed on her chips. Looking at that guest list, she would have given her eye teeth to be there, centre stage (in her mind), amongst all the royals.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I truly think Megan's modus operandi is emblematic of every American invasion the world has seen, i.e. storm in without a plan but with grand sentiments of "creating change for the good", which totally flops and doesn't work as imagined, so hurriedly retreat back to America and leave a great big mess behind. It's extremely short-sighted and M&H have shot themselves in their foot. They've tried to desperately create a clamour of sympathy but it completely backfired because the RF operates with method, they are very conservative and have put plans in the works for at least decade. Megan never had a chance to dent these. In my opinion Philip was instrumental in preparing William for the throne probably more vocally from around the time he decided to marry Catherine. They relegated Charles to farming and offered William publicity and platform, with him and Kate slowly but surely building a very solid brand and trustworthy public image.

It's interesting to see a new era blossom for the RF with Brexit and Covid and corruption-riddled political landscape offering some fertile ground for a little shift in power balance. The UK does not have a written constitution and the Queen has left some reservoirs of power untapped. William has been making political comments, which other royals have not. Both he and Kate dress like a political power couple - Kate never wears anything open or flashy. Some helpful tips Meghan could have considered as she was curating her image. She's not gonna be remembered for anything except for taking Harry to Hollywood.
I also think PP was preparing William and Catherine as he recognised they are a strong team . Charles and Camilla are strong too but Philip probably saw a lot of himself and TQ in W & K and saw them as the future. They have the lustre and commitment.

I was pleased to see PP's close friend Penny is invited and the members of his family. I think these people would be more important than uniforms. He trusted TQ to do what was needed for harmony.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Dear god the Express is a rag though isnt it? people whinge about the Mail and the Sun, but to me the Express is just the worst in terms of writing/content etc.

Quite surprised the express has not said there will be a polar votex & Thunder snow on the day :m:m:m:m:m

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.