Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NEVER stop reminding ourselves about the characterisation of Kate in the Harper’s article by Jessica Mulroney’s SIL Vanessa Mulroney. “ Tr
On this forum you can make a point and move on. Others will like your post or ignore but although we can discuss the Harkles it's not acceptable to yell 'prove it' or call other posters 'idiots/haters' which is why I like it here.

It's also better that those who don't like them can discuss on this thread and those that do can go to the other thread. Therefore we aren't all in conflict the entire time.

Anyway the idea that Doria has rushed to Meghan's side to comfort her about Prince Philip is garbage, bleeping lying drama queen.

I liked my father in law and knew him for many years but I didn't need anyone flying in to comfort me when he died, because I was actually busy comforting my husband!
But, but, let’s not forget she’s PREGNANT. MM’s pregnancy makes her special, vulnerable and worthy of Madonna-like veneration. She needs partners and mothers dancing attention on her. Armies of staff won’t cut it ! Nothing could be further from the truth woth regards to her attitude towards Kate mind. Heavily up the duff while MM was having dramatic dress fittings and barely delivered of Louis when Charlotte’s dress needed altering, now that’s quite a different matter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Latest from Popbitch. Seems Andrew hasn't changed much over the years. Plus the delightfulness of The Daily Mail comments from the great grandchildren pic. Loving snix08's comment
20210415_181337.jpg
Screenshot_20210415-181050_Email.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Yes, David Linley.

I’m glad they’re not making Harry and William do some false thing for the cameras. None of us would buy it anyway. Peter is bumped so far down the list he gets forgotten but he was their first grandchild so it’s quite nice he’ll have more of a spotlight. Plus he’s meant to be quite a calm soul so perhaps they know he can be trusted not to nut the idiot!

I’m also glad Penny Brabourne made the list. She’s been devoted to Philip over the years. I know the rumours. I don’t know enough to judge but I do know Philip regarded all the Mountbattens as his UK family so to me it would be an unlikely place to choose a paramour from, even if she did marry in. I’m going to choose to believe the innocence of a very good friendship.

Interesting too that Jack and Edo made the list while the Duchesses of Kent and Gloucester didn’t.

If it’s anything like the strangeness of my grandparents’ joint funeral recently they won’t really have any talking time at all. Saying hello and then getting on with the service and then goodbye. (We’re having a scattering ashes meet up this summer just to make up for the weird sterility of a Covid funeral.) Harry can escape and do a bunk and that’ll be that. Good riddance!
Sad that the older Duchesses are missing and that his Private Secretary will walk in the procession but can't go in. Princess Alexandra is widowed. Also missing are Prince & Princess Michael of Kent.

20210415_175104.jpg

Reactions: 7
I think M realises she has p*ssed on her chips. Looking at that guest list, she would have given her eye teeth to be there, centre stage (in her mind), amongst all the royals.
Yes! She'll resent this forever. Oh dear, never mind.
And, as a proud tin hatter, her 'pregnancy' excuse will irritate the bejezus out of her. Poor timing, or what?
In her beady eyes, this is not just a funeral, it's a photo opportunity. Bleurgh.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Yes, David Linley.

I’m glad they’re not making Harry and William do some false thing for the cameras. None of us would buy it anyway. Peter is bumped so far down the list he gets forgotten but he was their first grandchild so it’s quite nice he’ll have more of a spotlight. Plus he’s meant to be quite a calm soul so perhaps they know he can be trusted not to nut the idiot!

I’m also glad Penny Brabourne made the list. She’s been devoted to Philip over the years. I know the rumours. I don’t know enough to judge but I do know Philip regarded all the Mountbattens as his UK family so to me it would be an unlikely place to choose a paramour from, even if she did marry in. I’m going to choose to believe the innocence of a very good friendship.

Interesting too that Jack and Edo made the list while the Duchesses of Kent and Gloucester didn’t.

If it’s anything like the strangeness of my grandparents’ joint funeral recently they won’t really have any talking time at all. Saying hello and then getting on with the service and then goodbye. (We’re having a scattering ashes meet up this summer just to make up for the weird sterility of a Covid funeral.) Harry can escape and do a bunk and that’ll be that. Good riddance!
Duchess of Kent is a recluse tho isnt she? Hasn’t been seen in public for years.

Reactions: 8
Cue next batch of press articles:"Harry hurt, Them evil Royals, Evil William not walking with Harry.. "
It's Thursday, they have time to make Harry next to Wills or Charles happen till Saturday.
Yep, still furious.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is likely to send Merching Meagain into freefall. She will think that if she hadn’t thrown her toys out of the pram, she could divorce Hazza, still be called a Duchess, be bezza mates with HM The Queen, and be able to merch off her connections forever and a day.
[I do want to see H+M stripped of titles so M can’t ever merch off being a Duchess post-divorce].

REALLY fuming about the uniforms. HRH Prince Philip was a military man, uniforms should be worn by Charles and William.
You know what they should do... make it like the scene in White Christmas where all the ex-general’s clothes have been sent to be dry cleaned, except for his former uniform, so he has to wear that. That is what Wills and Charles should do!!!!

Also disappointed as I love to see them uniform (heh heh heh) with all their braiding and medals; it is what we Brits do best.
I think this no-uniform decision was a bad one and will send out the wrong signals, days after the iron Duke died. He would not have allowed this and it wasn't pragmatic or sensitive but weak. You are either entitled to wear a uniform of rank or not, so Andrew should have worn what he was entitled to wear and so should all the others. Hazzno a suit as per military rules. This ban on uniforms for the funeral will only highlight Hazzno and Andrew's petulance by forcing The Queen to go against protocol and surely against Prince Philip's and the nation's wishes.
If PP had made a No Uniform request we'd have heard about it earlier. The focus of the funeral is now on these two twats 'swollen egos and this will foster resentment among other members of the RF and throughout the country so it's backfired already. HM or Charles should have knocked their heads together and told them to show respect for their father, grandfather, military and the nation.
What a cock-up and not a good sign of things to come. This will encourage the Harkles with their blackmail and beggjng. Bad move for Charles as the senior male Royal, and no matter how they spin it, It's capitulation not an olive branch.
ETA Any rehabilitation by Andrew has been set back permanently by this. What a toad he is, and so stupid!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I get that Meg is briefing constantly from the US but the papers have really managed to make it all about Harry which is infuriating. Are they truing to push HM into cutting them out entirely?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yah, gotta say I've changed my mind re the uniforms. At first I was fuming but actually I wonder if the men in grey suits advised it to avoid baby hazza standing out. Yanno, the lonely black suited mourner stripped of his rightful uniform while the peacocks strut around him, scenario that smeggy and sunshinesux would use to full advantage. Now he is just another figure in a dark suit and they can't whine that he was discriminated against.
I get your point here Freda so in that respect I don’t want him to have anymore attention than it needs, but it just still takes me back to the whole bloody thing of if that pair had just played along with the rules a bit all of this wouldn’t even be an issue for TQ, and PP’s grandchildren would be in their uniforms and that would have been a lovely tribute to their grandfather given what he fought for, & that’s what my anger won’t get past! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when whoever had to tell Anne that there’d be no uniform for the family!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
How long after the funeral do we think it will be when Gayle King releases the private details of the funeral ?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Prince Andrews codename was H.
That's what had me almost startled when Megan said:"I call him H. "
The original of "Just call me Harry" is actually "Just call me H"
Anecdotal, fictive, etc...

Reactions: 5
Wonder if mobile phones will be confiscated before the service and put in a cupboard for collection later?

The Smegster, tuning in live and direct from sunny California, just wont be able to resist a call or two to H, will she? Telling him to "look sadderer, look miserabeler, look frownierer... its showtime!" or like m'learned tattler above says... "move in for The Hug, Theeee Huuuuug "

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Maybe William agreed, reluctantly, to the uniform ban, but only on the proviso that H is placed as far away from him as possible

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Duchess of Kent is a recluse tho isnt she? Hasn’t been seen in public for years.
She still appears at weddings, Trooping, etc.

I rather adore the Duchess of Kent, or Katherine Kent as she prefers to be known. She wrote to the Queen in 2002 to rescind her own HRH, stepped back from public duties and has since lived and worked as a primary school teacher in Hull. As an ex teacher myself, I kind of love her apparent adoration of kids, music and teaching and desire to be ordinary. What a contrast to some, eh?!

She also rocked up to the Harkles’ wedding in white trainers!:m

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
As far as it goes about the wearing of uniforms I am sure the Queen has asked all the others attending what their views are, whatever the two divs want or don't want.

And at times like this, I always think, if you can't please everybody then do what YOU think best even if it pleases nobody at all. Her maj has said no uniforms, she's the lady lost her husband of 73 years so her say so is final and whoever wants to whine about it can STFU. Sometimes you can't give someone who has passed exactly what they would have liked either just at the minute, royal or not.

My mum's funeral was the first week of Jan, whatever she'd have wanted I told my little few folk it's going to be cold and wet, get your warm clothes and boots on I don't care what anybody looks like as long as you can come and you're warm enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Dan Wootton's take on it

"Dan Wootton on Twitter: "It’s a disgrace that the needs of petulant Prince Harry and FBI-avoiding Prince Andrew risk overshadowing Prince Philip’s life of service. That’s why the decision for all the royals to wear suits instead of military garb on Saturday stinks to high heaven. https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter"

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.