Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t think Kate would stoop so low as to threaten divorce just to get her own way. That type of emotional threat is on par with the type of behaviour H&M indulge in and we all know how petty, cruel, and nasty that makes them look. IMO, Kate is far too mature, intelligent, and secure in herself not to have to engage in that sort of emotional blackmail. I think anybody threatening divorce to point score and get what they want is absolutely disgusting behaviour. It is in the same league as using children as a bargaining tool in divorce situations. Cruel and selfish.
That is the point actually, Harry and potentially Megan will get away, and actually do get away with tantrums, and emotional blackmail.
Even if we ignore the bots, stans, "friends, " Sunshine Sachs and the press pressure.
Kate doesn't have one bit of visible support out there.
Disclaimer, not about William at all, but whoever is in charge of these constant concessions for Harry certainly deserves a scare, from someone in Kates position.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Interesting, exactly the same thing happened on mumsnet. Screaming and hysteria about racism on any H&M thread from a small hardcore group who clearly succeeded in terrifying the mods and having every single thread about them closed.
I have to laugh at accusations of intolerance "on both sides":mThere is no "both sides" and there are no moderate posters re those two cunts. You either tow the party line with the freaks that the harkles tit smells of roses or the mods bin you.
I was officially warned for saying hazza looked ill in zoom calls. That was it, one sentence, and I got piled on by the mad harkelites and reported. I got a warning and the post pulled, but the posts calling me "rabid", "racist" (I kid you not. Re the very white ginger bleep), "obsessed" and a fruit cake for saying the bleep looked ill were left on the board.:ROFLMAO:
Make no mistake, it is not about fairness. You either post positive stuff about the harkles (and trans issues) or you are in trouble.
They're like screaming toddlers in the sweetie aisle, hyped up fanboys and fangirls

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Hazzno apparently going back to she devil straight after the funeral and it was said on the news that HM has now made everyone wear suits since it would make Hazzno look different.

If This is true than I can only say that he is different, he's a bleeping little gobshite and and it seems he has learnt nothing and indeed, hope nothing is what he has been given

• Sick
Reactions: 23
oh how i wish the COVID test hazzo has to take will come out as a positive (false positive) and remain in quarantine. All he is doing right now is dashing back to stir tit up and leaving right away without saying anything.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
I truly think Megan's modus operandi is emblematic of every American invasion the world has seen, i.e. storm in without a plan but with grand sentiments of "creating change for the good", which totally flops and doesn't work as imagined, so hurriedly retreat back to America and leave a great big mess behind. It's extremely short-sighted and M&H have shot themselves in their foot. They've tried to desperately create a clamour of sympathy but it completely backfired because the RF operates with method, they are very conservative and have put plans in the works for at least decade. Megan never had a chance to dent these. In my opinion Philip was instrumental in preparing William for the throne probably more vocally from around the time he decided to marry Catherine. They relegated Charles to farming and offered William publicity and platform, with him and Kate slowly but surely building a very solid brand and trustworthy public image.

It's interesting to see a new era blossom for the RF with Brexit and Covid and corruption-riddled political landscape offering some fertile ground for a little shift in power balance. The UK does not have a written constitution and the Queen has left some reservoirs of power untapped. William has been making political comments, which other royals have not. Both he and Kate dress like a political power couple - Kate never wears anything open or flashy. Some helpful tips Meghan could have considered as she was curating her image. She's not gonna be remembered for anything except for taking Harry to Hollywood.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm not sure why Chris Ship and harkle PR kept pushing that hazzo is at frogmore. I wonder if the sugars will melt if we tell them frogmore doesn't have the same ring as Windsor CASTLE. or Kensington PALACE. it's a "cottage" :ROFLMAO:

I saw PC and camilla's pictures today and made me really sad. I think the reality is hitting for PC. :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I mean this just appeared on one of my work whatsapp groups. People that would never stand around and talk about royalty and so on, and a year ago if you'd said "Meghan" to them they'd have shrugged. But these pair of clowns have now managed to transcend everything, and become figures of fun for all, even the general public are laughing at them.

View attachment 530526
I'd dob them in! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The connection with the Beckhams goes over Roland Mouret, and Soho House.
Mouret mentored Victoria Beckham, and Markle constantly posted about him on the Tig.

Cue outrage, wonder if next canceling is coming :

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11

When YouTube recommends you this, I just want to cry!! It's so sad that they'll never have that bond again.

• Sad
Great article and sums up the mood of the silent majority just perfectly! There are 251 comments already and most are in agreement with the sentiments expressed in the article. I do hope Smeggy and Hazza see this.
I wonder also, by being here, albeit for a short time, he has realised how the majority of the public in the UK feel about him and Megs. He can go back straightaway as far as I am concerned, but you would think that he would at least stay for the Queen's birthday on Tuesday. By running back so quickly, it confirms what control she has over him. However, the article says think and perhaps, which basically is just an opinion and not a definite.

Reactions: 25
I mean this just appeared on one of my work whatsapp groups. People that would never stand around and talk about royalty and so on, and a year ago if you'd said "Meghan" to them they'd have shrugged. But these pair of clowns have now managed to transcend everything, and become figures of fun for all, even the general public are laughing at them.

View attachment 530526
Wow that Arrow meme really gets everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The Telegraph are digging into the Andrew uniform story. He had already told his tailor to make the changes needed for an Admiral!

Within a day an unceremonious controversy erupted. Prince Andrew had reportedly demanded to wear the uniform of an Admiral at his father’s funeral on Saturday and had gone so far as instructing his tailor to style it with the distinctive three rows of lace and four stars, crossed baton and sword of that rank.

Why did Prince Andrew think he should go to the funeral as an Admiral?
The Duke shared a unique bond with his father, but the debate over his ceremonial attire shows his role in The Firm remains unclear

When Prince Andrew suddenly re-appeared in public last weekend, giving an interview outside the Royal Chapel of All Saints in Windsor, the public could understand his grief at losing a father. Yet his appearance also raised an unfortunate question mark.
It was 512 days after having last spoken publicly, and it seemed that on Sunday the Duke of York had returned to the frontline of the monarchy – and was speaking on its behalf.
Within a day an unceremonious controversy erupted. Prince Andrew had reportedly demanded to wear the uniform of an Admiral at his father’s funeral on Saturday and had gone so far as instructing his tailor to style it with the distinctive three rows of lace and four stars, crossed baton and sword of that rank.
The prince was, like his father, tested in war – no doubt a unique bond and a source of pride for the Duke of Edinburgh. As the only one of the generation of royals younger than his father to serve in battle, Prince Andrew certainly deserved to wear a uniform, as Prince Philip did his as honorary Admiral of the Fleet, the navy’s highest rank. But his current rank is Vice-Admiral, not Admiral.

Despite what you might believe from watching the latest series of The Crown, it was Prince Andrew who was likeliest the child closest to his father. Prince Philip had named him after his own father, and Prince Andrew was his first son to receive his surname, Windsor-Mountbatten, a long-fought battle by the Duke of Edinburgh. When he was born, Prince Philip is said to have bounded up the stairs to tell Princess Anne and the Queen Mother.

They were twins separated in space. Both confident, Prince Philip’s mother Princess Alice recognised in both how they would hunch their shoulders if perplexed or exited. The family repeated about both: “sometimes naughty, never nasty”. The Duke once explained a swollen eye with a broad smile as “That was the boss…”, and everyone thought he meant the Queen, but it was Prince Andrew, with whom he had been sparring.

They shared the same ribald officer’s humour and Prince Philip was the only one to whom Prince Andrew would ever listen. Once while the family was watching Coronation Street, the Duke of York exclaimed about Bet Lynch: “Oh God, look at all those common people.” Prince Philip clipped his ear and silenced his son by saying: “If it wasn’t for people like that, you would not be sitting here.”

Of Fergie, he boyishly gave Prince Andrew his unvarnished opinion: “I think she’ll be a great asset. For one thing, she is capable of becoming self-employed.” And at the end of active navy service, Philip gave Andrew a tongue-lashing for being “selfish and lazy”. For 10 years, the Duke of York would become a special UK envoy for international trade; Prince Charles could only abandon all hope to reign in his younger brother.

Even so, it wasn’t clear why Prince Andrew ever thought he should go to the funeral as an Admiral.

The Duke of York’s royal duties are currently in animated suspension and there was the fact that he is currently merely a Vice-Admiral. In a policy adopted by the navy in 2009, the duke had received automatic promotions every five years, in line with peers who are still serving. His last serving rank in the navy was Lieutenant-Commander, but when retired from active service in 2001 he was promoted to Commander. Later, he was made an Honorary Captain in 2005, thereafter “automatically” Rear Admiral in 2010 and Vice Admiral in 2015.

His 60th on February 19 last year would have been the occasion for the prince becoming an Admiral after the passing of another five years. However, on February 7, he asked the navy in a public statement “if this promotion might be deterred” until he returned to “public duty”.

The request was a direct consequence of fallout around the world following the BBC Newsnight interview the prince had given a few months earlier to Emily Maitlis, on the subject of his relations with the felon billionaire Jeffrey Epstein. The day after the interview, he had also asked the Queen if he “may step back from official duties”, which started the prince’s time in the wilderness of Windsor Park.

Not unreasonably, on Sunday the prince may have thought that the moment of his return to public duty had come, when he expressed the feelings of the Royal family.

It was left to the Queen in mourning delicately to unruffle feathers in her family by apparently deciding that no uniforms would be worn at the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh. This also side-stepped a wider debate that was ranging on why Prince Harry wouldn’t be in uniform.

Understandably, given the situation, her decision didn’t address the question of whether Andrew’s relationship with Britain had been reset in any meaningful way according to the palace.

If this were the case, several obstacles lay ahead. The trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, a close friend from his early 20s, is due to start in July in relation to Jeffrey Epstein and the prince is a character in the background.

Moreover, however sympathetic the British public may feel in this period of mourning towards the royal family, it is also keenly aware that the prince has his own unsolved legal problems.

Last June, the US President and the US Attorney General confirmed that the US Department of Justice had made a formal request under the UK-US Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty for access to the prince concerning Epstein. It is not clear yet whether he and the British Government have dealt with the US’s inquiries, but late last year the duke’s legal team insisted Prince Andrew had made three offers to give a witness statement. Prince Philip had aided his son with advice back in 2011, at the beginning of the long-running saga.

Although the Duke of Edinburgh was well known for his “gaffes”, he knew when to hold his tongue. While Prince Philip happily admitted putting his foot in his mouth, Prince Andrew seems to be eager to shoot himself in the foot – repeatedly, and without realising it. It can sometimes appear as if the prince never learns and, unlike the Habsburgs, remembers little.

For 513 days, the prince was doing well in not making new waves. After a long and strongly worded missive of his newly appointed lawyers on June 7 last year, he kept a more dignified silence, folded his website and stopped his Twitter feed – a minimum of gossipy ‘sources close to prince’ were made available to the media and he wasn’t in the photographs of his daughter’s wedding or Christmas service.

Perhaps from this day, Prince Andrew will change?

• Angry
  • Wow
Ha Ha. Peter Phillips between William and Harry.... Well played whoever sorted that one.

The once-close brothers will be separated by their cousin Peter Phillips as they walk in a line behind the Duke of Edinburgh's coffin on Saturday. The Duke of Cambridge will move ahead of the Duke of Sussex as the Royal Family arrives in pairs at St George's Chapel....

Also invited is a close friend of Philip, Countess Mountbatten of Burma, previously known as Lady Romsey and later Lady Brabourne, who was his carriage driving partner and one of his closest friends.

Royal men will wear morning coats with their medals and the women will wear day dresses.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Dear god the Express is a rag though isnt it? people whinge about the Mail and the Sun, but to me the Express is just the worst in terms of writing/content etc.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.