Harry and Meghan #87 In honour of HRH Prince Philip. Rest in Peace.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a thought - the Markles really do have terrible luck/timing!
They leave to strike out on their own - COVID scuppers their plans
A year later they attempt to get things rolling, pregnancy, big interview etc - Prince Philip’s health and then sad death soon after rightly completely overshadows them and for many exposed the Markles’ true natures. Has made a lot of people realise how much they appreciate the royal family and their very real, true values, as opposed to the superficial Markles’ style.

I honestly don’t mean to make light of these very serious things, just found a little bit of mean amusement in their plans being thwarted repeatedly.

Think of all the years when their schemes could have worked out quite well for them (short term at least, I don’t think their type of thing leads to real respect or anything long term).
Poor dears (dot dot dot) so unlucky ;)

Lol good point! It’s the most brief they’ve ever been!
The Gods are quite clearly NOT in their favour. Haha... (3 dots there) duck 'em. 💅🏼

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
The front page of The Mirror has just set me off again. The tears are real. "Goodbye My Beloved". My heart aches for The Queen. Seventy. Three. Years. Most of us will never be fortunate enough to be married to our rocks "My Strength and My Stay" for half this amount of time. She doesn't know life without him. Her heart is broken and she, although will, as always, carry out her duties as only she can, will never be the same again. God bless you Queen Elizabeth. You have lost your husband, the father of your children, your rock, your strength, your stay, sweetheart and other half. May you find the strength to get through this and continue to reign for years to come with dignity, selflessness and love.
View attachment 522226
Me too...I was at work and I had people texting and ringing me... I couldn't say anything at work but just broke down as soon as I closed my front door... This beautiful lady HMTQ has done her utmost to fulfil her duty and more... my heart goes out to her . Her path now is a struggle without Phillip by her side... God bless her xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
She probably won’t want in anyway as if it’s going to be a private funeral and not being filmed inside the Chapel she’d no doubt complain there wasn’t enough exposure of her coat flapping!
She might get frisked by security just to make sure she isn't carrying recording equipment and then the whole 'moonbump' charade is exposed.
If she did come with hazza will Gavin I mean Farchie be with his real mum?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh God, he's mad as hell but utterly broken that they've been so cold hearted to Prince Philip.
I don't want him to come home, beg forgiveness etc ... though the "fall on your sword" bit sounds perfect.
He has proven himself totally unreliable. One sniff of a battered well used old hollyweird minge and he deleted his birth family to follow her slimy snail trail to LA. He can stay fucked off and I hope he suffers remorse when the bleep-struck wears off, and I hope his grandpa haunts his dreams alongside the Deal dead soldiers he tossed aside to take smeggy to a cartoon and pimp her out for work. Cunts.

On the plus side the showbiz world she craves above all else now sees what they are like. Anyone who matters and who has loving grandparents will not touch this pair of cold hearted unfeeling freaks.
Plus, the comments from the Obamas and Kamala Harris especially will cut deep. It will feel like betrayal to her. Bonus.:m

• Heart
Reactions: 66
My heart truly breaks for HM The Queen today, you simply cannot imagine how she must feel.

In terms of the terrible twosome though I can't help but think this is the worst possible thing that could have happened for them. Like someone said, they had awful luck with covid hitting just as they got their 'freedom' putting them on house arrest when they probably imagined they would be schmoozing Hollywood.

Now, when they had half a shot at causing some serious damage to the royals, PP sadly passes away and many people worldwide have realised what a sense of stability the monarchy brings to our world. I know many people today who seem to have regained a sense of appreciation for the monarchy. Add to that the theory that the family have known about this for a good month (which I think now seems quite obvious, there are a lot of things that suggest this was exactly the case). I would never have got behind any kind of 'Meghan and Harry killed him off' theory before this, but if they knew how serious it was and that he was in his final days/weeks and still went ahead with the interview then they have put the final nail in their own coffin there.

I pray she doesn't come to the funeral simply because the media will make it all about her, it will all be about body language and interactions with the other royals, Meghan returns blah blah when the focus should solely be on PP.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Nice to see lots of new people post on this thread 👏 finally seeing the light

All those young people on twitter slagging of Prince Philip. I wonder how many did the DOE award? Yes exactly most of you

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Apparently people complaining to BBC that it's a wall-to-wall DofE coverage and nothing else...I mean, what on Earth did they expect? There are always other channels or the 'off' button...or is someone 'coordinating' this complaining? Most bizarre.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
I’m contemplating about going to bed but I wanted to share this picture. If I could love someone and be loved by someone half as much as these two loved each other, I would be happy. Bless you your majesty. Your soulmate will be with you wherever you go.
45675BBD-86DB-4D64-A60E-A50EFEF7F357.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Apparently people complaining to BBC that it's a wall-to-wall DofE coverage and nothing else...I mean, what on Earth did they expect? There are always other channels or the 'off' button...or is someone 'coordinating' this complaining? Most bizarre.
Especially nowadays - there’s certainly no shortage of telly options

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh God, he's mad as hell but utterly broken that they've been so cold hearted to Prince Philip.
I don't want him to come home, beg forgiveness etc ... though the "fall on your sword" bit sounds perfect.
He has proven himself totally unreliable. One sniff of a battered well used old hollyweird minge and he deleted his birth family to follow her slimy snail trail to LA. He can stay fucked off and I hope he suffers remorse when the bleep-struck wears off, and I hope his grandpa haunts his dreams alongside the Deal dead soldiers he tossed aside to take smeggy to a cartoon and pimp her out for work. Cunts.

On the plus side the showbiz world she craves above all else now sees what they are like. Anyone who matters and who has loving grandparents will not touch this pair of cold hearted unfeeling freaks.
Plus, the comments from the Obamas and Kamala Harris especially will cut deep. It will feel like betrayal to her. Bonus.:m
“Battered well used Hollywood minge” 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I thought this would be a good way to pay tribute to Prince Philip and his legacy of true service. Rest in peace.
A well-decorated man. Wasn't he just a shining example of honour, support and duty? I've learned so much more about him today that has only raised him higher in my esteem. I'm not even British but can respect and admire a decent, hardworking and fun loving human.

The harkles' statement is so utterly cold and perfunctory. "Thank you for your service", is a very American (and well-meaning) sentiment bestowed upon serving or retired members of the military.

I loved how they didn't get a look in in coverage on BBC today and tonight apart from a blink-and-you'll-miss-it clip from their wedding. They showed a family portrait too of Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth with Charles and his boys and Catherine BUT NO MEGHAN 😂

Sidenote, wasn't Philip such a handsome man? I read a book some time ago about the governess to taught the young princesses and she highlighted how the young Elizabeth was so utterly enchanted by this tall, handsome, blonde, young man from when she first laid her eyes on him aged 12/13. This has endured and I love to see candid shots of them and the shared intimacy you can see in how they look at one another. Gyles Brandreth said today about how Philip once, at some function, looked across the room at Elizabeth, raised his glass to her and winked. I think it is my favourite little anecdote I heard today. It showed their closeness, a little glimpse of the couple behind the formal facade. She will be utterly lost without him. His presence was larger than life in all aspects of her life, public and private. 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Trump statement 10/10

Shows a true knowledge of Philip's life and work, and his role within the United Kingdom and the monarchy. Gracefully strikes the right note of appreciation and sorrow.

H&M statement 0/10

Curt and almost dismissive. It sounds like Team Smeg barely knew who he was, don't care, and farting out that plastic 'thank you for your service', the equivalent of 'have a nice day' for servicemen and women, with the snidey little callback to their own recent crap about 'service' is the cherry on the tit sundae. As for the 'you will be missed' .. jesus. Not 'we will miss you'. So add depersonalized to the list. FFS, Harry, we know your wife couldn't care less about anyone but herself, but that's your grandfather who has died there.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I've been wondering if there will be some kind of intervention if Harry comes back? I don't like his behaviour but I am concerned about him. He's certainly under meghans spell so to speak. The funeral could be an opportunity to find his way back to real life. Maybe I'm just over tired.

I hope Prince Philip is at peace, bless him.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.