Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

beastofburden

I get that but why is it different to Philip? Is it because he was born as a prince? He’s not known as the king... I’m just confused!
Because KING outranks Queen. And Philip was not in the line of succession. It would basically be like giving the country to a Greek if Philip was King.

Reactions: 8

Grannyapple68

Maybe I’m really reaching here but is it a huge stretch that Meghan would give them up? She just doesn’t seem maternal in the slightest, and it would allow her to continue her LA lifestyle. She doesn’t have a problem with dropping other previously beloved family members such as her father. I know your kids are different though of course and maybe I’m being unfair saying that. Just a thought anyway.
Markle could negotiate, 10 million for the eldest BOGOF. A bit of haggling might get it down to 5 mill.

mb1202

VIP Member
She still won't be Princess Catherine as she is not a princess in her own right, she takes her husband's title so she will be HRH Catherine, the Princess of Wales
Diana was ‘Princess Diana’ though? The wife of the prince of Wales is the princess of Wales, surely?

Vanelope

VIP Member
And she always makes sure her clothes are advertised via Meghan’s Mirror!
Perhaps we should do one called Catherine’s Closet with all money made via affiliate links going to the Cambridge’s charity!
I did like her jumper and where it was from - so influenced!

• Haha

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
True I remember that now. I do think they played into her hands a bit by releasing that statement just before the interview.

There was an article in The Guardian yesterday which I thought was good. It pointed out the difference between the GB royals & other Euro royal families which post WWII are much quieter & slimmed down. The Royal family should really be heirs only, so Queen, Charles, William & George. So no Harry, no Prince Andrew etc. Would solve a lot of problems.

It must be mentally hard to be relevant & then suddenly not be. Harry hasn’t coped well. He’s 6th in line, no longer the spare.

I’m intrigued as to what happened at that garden party.
That garden party exit was weird , it’s as if once Chas and Camilla said they were leaving H+M couldn’t stay and she then just sashayed away , no goodbyes or owt!

mb1202

VIP Member
Narcs are incapable of emotions other than loving themselves. My sister love bombs my nephew outwardly but let’s just say I know of different behaviour behind closed doors where he’s left to entertain himself/left with a nanny (live abroad and a cultural thing). She will fight to prove a point but depending on ages of the kids and evidence, it could go against her.
This is sadly true.

I think I’m just wishful thinking that she isn’t such an empty vessel devoid of emotion but full of her own self importance, but sadly I strongly believe she is exactly this.

Some press is reporting it's Harpo who set up the gagging orders?
Is Harpo Harry?! ;) 😭 So many nicknames on here

• Haha

YeltsinsTank

VIP Member
Nope, by the constitution you are not allowed to run for any type of office if you hold royal titles, this means you have allegiance to a foreign country making it treason. I have said that before on this thread a while ago.

Megan also hold British citizenship which would make her illegible to run for POTUS until she gives up the citizenship. If she gives up her titles the Supreme Court will have to rule on accepting her bid. Let’s just entertain the idea that she does want to run, the courts will have to review also her husbands and children’s titles because that is conflict of interest.
Local laws may vary, but that's not what the constitution actually says about the titles. With the consent of congress it can be done. It says no person holding any office shall accept-- nothing about running with the titles intact.

Megz would probably have to give up her British citizenship to satisfy the masses but I'm not convinced she would have to do so for legal reasons because I don't see a precedent for it. When it's come up before it's because there were questions over being a natural born citizen. Acquiring dual citizenship later in life doesn't seem to have been an issue previously.

The Foreign Emoluments Clause
(art. I, § 9, cl. 8): “[N]o Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under [the United States], shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

xforeverlove21

Sorry if this has already been said! Another excellent angle I get from Kates visit to Clapham Common is that it shows she is free to go and do as she pleases. You can, in fact, call an Uber to the palace hun and go wherever you please 💅🏽
Not if your MM tho cause apparently the RF is "r@CiSt" :rolleyes:

• Haha

Grannyapple68

Yes, I went back and edited my post after I came to the same conclusion.
Piers, as you’ve got some spare time on your hands, you may be reading here so be careful with your postcode- there are some nutters out there! ;) 😁
Exactly 😁 with a bit of online sleuthing I've already found his address...only kidding.😜

• Haha

Twocats

If you read the Times article that first announced this, it is made quite clear that the Staff approached the Times when it became known that the Court Case would not be proceeding, and then news of the Winfrey Interview broke. The Staff wanted their say. BP really had no choice, and by putting the investigation into the hands of external investigators, they are doing all they can to ensure it is done in without bias. If Meghan has done nothing wrong she has nothing to fear.
Sorry that reply was to chocolate2008

• Wow

2ofeach

VIP Member
I don’t know how all this will play out, especially the divorce. If Meghan and Harry stay the course and are together the next 10 years I’ll eat my favourite lacy thong. She’s got her eyes on the prize and he has no clue, the poor bastard.
If we don't see receipts IT DIDN'T HAPPEN 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7