Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
If Ofcom is what I think it is, we have the FCC-- the Federal Communications Commission, but you're not going to get very far with them because of our free speech rights under the first amendment. Basically, if they didn't say any naughty words or do anything explicit in certain contexts, I don't think anything will happen. I think what would have to happen would be for someone to go after CBS and the producers of the show for outright lying about them, ie defamation, and since we're dealing with public figures that's harder to do. If you want to "get" them, you have to embarrass them on a level equal or greater to the ruckus that they've caused.
Well that won't be difficult.

Thank you for your response.

Reactions: 8

Hoohumm

Following on from a comment on the last thread about Archie becoming Duke of Sussex one day....

No, he won’t. Harry’s dukedom is a royal one, not a hereditary one. He can’t pass it on to Archie, it dies with him. George could also never be the Duke of Cambridge for the same reason.

Because it’s not hereditary, the eldest son gets to be styled with his father’s second most senior title.....so Lord Dumbarton. He can keep this for life, but can’t pass it on to his childrem.
He will inherit his dukedom. In Britain they pass down the male line. Many former Royal dukedoms have gone this way. George won't inherit the Cambridge one as it merges back with the crown. Gloucester and Kent will cease to be Royal when Prince Edward and Prince Richard pass

• Sick

DarnIt

VIP Member
Sorry, I have missed a lot of pages but I needed to put this wonderful song here as I think it is relevant.

It is called ‘Sheep’ by The Housemartins and it was released in 1986. Sorry, showing my age here!

Yes, it is Norman Cook, aka Fat Boy Slim! He first became famous because he was in The Housemartins. Check out their other songs as they are brilliant, especially the lyrics.

The whole song describes the ‘sheep we’re up against’. It is like a our Tattle national anthem.

Just listen to the lyrics! Notable ones are:

And they've never questioned anything, never disagreed
Sometimes I think they must have wool in their ears

And when you see a cane, I see a crook (whoa-oh)
And when you see a crowd, I see a flock

Here are the full lyrics. Geniuses before their time.

And this was was written in 1986!!! They knew! They just knew!!!
Here are the full lyrics.
Sometimes I get so angry with the simple life they lead
The shepherd's smile seems to confirm my fears

It's sheep we're up against (sheep we're up against, sheep we're up against, sheep we're up against)
It's sheep we're up against (sheep we're up against, sheep we're up against, sheep we're up against)

When I was young, they used to get me counting sheep
But the counting I did was all in vain
Now when I'm tired and I'm tryna get to sleep
I count humans jumping onto trains

Oh yeah

Whoa, sheep we're up against
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Brilliant catch!

mb1202

VIP Member
makes you look as bad as her then..
Not really? She doesn’t allege things she says them as an immutable fact. ‘Allegedly’ means to say this is what I’ve read and I’m not sure it’s true... not stating it as factual
Edit- allege, a word in the same family as ‘allegation’. I’m not the same as her as I’m not claiming to know the absolute facts

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
[POEM]

Meg.

Listen here;
There is no smear.
I am a second-rate actress attempting to impress.
Howdy!
I chose to wear jewellery from Arabia.

• Haha
And we have a black aristocrat (her definition) weighing in with her experience of racism.
I don't doubt people are unsure because it would be a "novelty" as she's the marquess of annaville. Her and her husband are both coloured. She's American and he's from African royalty. That's not what would be the novelty though. This is an Irish title as far as I can see Cork.
I would be asking questions because of this question and I would be vastly curious . Trouble is they're probably asked all the time. So when does it go from curiosity and ignorance to racism?
I can't find anything about this online. Even the wiki page that details black royalty doesn't have them
Any of the Irish on this page know anything about them?

An Interesting piece i stumbled on. Piers defending Meghan against yasmin telling her not to do it. So much for "Piers the Racist"

Rubythefirebat

VIP Member
Scobie tweet literally made me want to vomit.... he really has form:
Harry and Meghan’s Archewell Foundation has just announced support for a number of organisations around the world as part of their mission to “unite communities and drive systemic change by unleashing. . . the defining cultural force of the 21st century: compassion.”
Drive is the new shine a light? Drive safe, ha?

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
When I see the pics of Harry looking unhappy I don’t see him looking unhappy with her tbh, I think he loves her and is completely under her thumb, spell and whatever else she clicks her heels for. I think all the photos of him not looking all there or pensive or moody are because he’s realised it’s gone too far, in his head he just wanted to be with the woman he fell in love with and it just took on a life of its own. He clearly doesn’t handle leaving his family and all it entails as easy as she did! It’s bound to weigh heavy on him as he isn’t just leaving a ‘normal’ family. I do think he now thinks fuck this has gone really really wrong! I can’t see him leaving her though I really can’t, it’ll have to be when she’s done using him for her own ends that no doubt she’ll blame on “the pressures” of it all.

Bastille

Chatty Member
Keep an eye on the press if you see any glowing articles or exclusives about Sachs clients then they've been making deals

Tiddlypom

I do keep wondering what he will do with his life. Those chickens and yoga are only going to keep him amused for so long.
And I wonder what he will do regarding all this help and service he is going to provide, he cant keep talking about losing his Mum and difficulties the pair of them have faced, that's all going to wear a bit thin. What will they have to offer??
They are still young, yet appear to be living the life of retirees.
This is so true! It’s a bit like going on holiday and towards the end getting a bit complacent /bored by the whole ‘where shall we eat today’ kind of minutiae (don’t get me wrong, would love that right now). Its not good for you without a bit of hard graft in between. Although let’s face it Harry isn’t necessarily going to be bothered by this...

Reactions: 7

mb1202

VIP Member
Meghan Markle gatecrashing Tom Inskip's wedding then grabbing and kissing a drunk Harry (while he looked super uncomfortable while sitting with her) shows how crazy this woman is.

When Harry met Psycho.
Also I read that she showed up somewhere where he was on holiday and stalked him, during the time where they supposedly had split for a bit? That’s extremely vague of me but I remember reading it at the time and the dates added up.

Reactions: 7