Harry and Meghan #72 Harry forgot his lines, so recollections may vary

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she really did know everything about the Royal Family.
She thought she could live this kind of insta influencer lifestyle like the Kardashians but on a much bigger scale. That was her way of trying to modernise the Royal Family.
Flying around the World in private jets, preaching to the common people about her struggles as a woman of colour. Lecturing us on how to live our lives. Wearing beautiful, expensive clothes and jewellery.
She was then told no, this isn't how the Royal Family behave. You cannot get paid for wearing designer clothes, you cannot lecture and comment on politics. You have to be accountable on how much money you spend.
That is what she didn't realise and when she was told, she didn't like it and knowing Harry already felt 'trapped' hatched this plan with him to live the life that she was expecting to live.

Harry didn't look right in that clip with the Chickens when she was lying about how she wanted to get back to basics.He kept his head down and looked embarrassed.

I really don't think this is going to end well for him. Can see him taking his own life or having a breakdown. Especially when she leaves him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Replace the people, and imagine someone saying a white activist "schooled" and "owned" a black talk show host. Heads would roll.

View attachment 477634
Much the same as Beyoncé’s “Black is King” on Disney+. What if someone made “White is King”? Why doesn’t equality mean we are equal? Why does it mean that people of colour can say what they like but while people can’t say anything or they’re racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Thread suggestion:

Harry and Meghan #73

The dust in the woke coop tries to settle, out comes Wills to show his mettle.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The whole The Little Mermaid thing really annoys me. Ariel gives up her voice because she wants to be human; she doesn't "give up her voice for a man". She loved the Prince (even though she didn't know him, maybe that's why M sees an affinity with her :censored:) but she wanted to be human before she'd even met him.
Also, the Prince is supposed to be 18 (an adult) and Ariel is 16 (a child by American standards) and was told to get the Prince to kiss her within 3 days or she'd lose her legs and be forced into slavery for an evil witch; so you could say this is more like the Prince Andrew/Epstein/Maxwell situation than M&H. See also: Sleeping Beauty (16 & 20) and Snow White (14 & 18 :sick:).
I won't watch the interview but when I heard that she compared herself to a Disney Princess my eyes rolled so hard. FUK that's the stupidest thing ever. She only married Harry to garner fame and fortune. The woe is me card is pathetic. I have zero sympathy for her.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Just wanted to say it saddens me a bit to see that the most vocal people not accepting any critiscism or not having nuanced judgement, called I guess "wokists" are the most visible people in the left scene.

I do think fighting discriminations for minorities is important - I do not think it is normal that transgender are more at risk to be killed for instance and I focus on what kind of hardhsip people can have due to their differences (but not only, many topics interest me!) and I find sad that at the end of the day these kind of concerns are invisiblised by the kind of people like Meghan and Harry preaching about environnment but constantly jetsetting or people branding themselves as justice-wrrior and mostly do it for their own public image - like many stars. Please don't believe that most people that care about mental health, violences towards women, kids in poverty, that more BAME people are dying of covid etc. are like them. You can advocate a cause without turning all of your oposants as stupid, racist, sexist etc.

At the end I can see how dividing different politic trends - in the right and the left wings - can be and I quite hate this tendancy and how social medias and many other other medias fuel this division.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
By playing the race card as early as practicably possible in the "leave Meghan alone" statement from 2016. The Palace have been running scared of its ever-looming presence ever since.
Good point.

Also family living with the impact of the last Amerivan woman who entered the family. And changed the direction of the monarchy. This is still in living memory.

Not to make this thread steer off on the racism discussion. But its a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. How on earth do you handle the race discussion without offending someone. How do you? I don't know genuinely how we do. Without being called a troll/hater/uneducated etc.

SHE has made it about race. When it wasn't ever about that. She is MIXED race. She has a mum of colour and a dad who is white.

It was all about who had the power. And she reminds me of a new team manager rolling in at work with all these new and big ideas when the old ways whilst not perfect didn't need fixing.

She went in naive and is coming out of it uneducated and non the wiser 🤣

Reactions: 16
I am not disappointed if he didn’t comment he’d have looked far worse and the idiots on Twitter would’ve correctly shouted guilty! We all know that questioning someone’s action and character is not racist, as long as you hold people of all backgrounds to account.
Was meant to say *incorrectly

Reactions: 1
Even the Africa tour was doing very well with positive PR until Harry released that aggressive statement then the documentary became all about them. That was when they really lost me. Some of the previous stuff I had heard about where just some eye roll moments but this was when I truly realised it was always only ever about them.

As an African I was deeply dissaponted.

They got to see some of the most amazing bits of South Africa and even got the taste some of the most diverse foods we have and I was saddend to see how they acted to the food.

South Africa is beautiful ... People are wonderful. Granted we have issues as everywhere does. But they turned it into a pity party.

Even meeting Desmond Tutu was turned into all about Meghan for a secondary interview.

She made that all about her. The work they were here doing was secondary to her playing the victim.

Not the causes they were here to highlight.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
This is so crackers as Meghan has bags of white privilege and has benefited from it throughout her adult life until suddenly it served her better to be black
The woke would say... "How dare you say that. You're obviously racist for suggesting it and have no idea what it's like to walk in a POC's shoes...

Sigh... :( Please... someone tell me how we get out of this mess???
We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
It really does worry me. 😟

• Sad
Reactions: 18

They got to see some of the most amazing bits of South Africa and even got the taste some of the most diverse foods we have and I was saddend to see how they acted to the food.

South Africa is beautiful ... People are wonderful. Granted we have issues as everywhere does. But they turned it into a pity party.

Even meeting Desmond Tutu was turned into all about Meghan for a secondary interview.

She made that all about her. The work they were here doing was secondary to her playing the victim.

Welcome! I noticed that about the Desmond Tutu meeting.

Reactions: 19
[
I've seen lots of odd comments on Twitter (obviously) but this one gave me the ick! (put in a spoiler to save anyone from the sugz!)

Yeah a husband that doesn't get his wife help when she needed it... 🙄 He's right history is repeating itself 🥱
]

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Much the same as Beyoncé’s “Black is King” on Disney+. What if someone made “White is King”? Why doesn’t equality mean we are equal? Why does it mean that people of colour can say what they like but while people can’t say anything or they’re racist.
Black is King is so cringe. Why are there the BET awards??? Can you imagine if there was an award show just for whites??

Reactions: 9

I’m not African, I’m white British but even I found it very tone-deaf of her to say “nobody asked me if I’m ok” whilst visiting countries that have a lot of health issues, sick children, poverty and disparity between male and female rights.

Even I thought she did make it all about herself. I’d love to one day visit South Africa but I don’t really feel I got to see much of it from the coverage of their visit.

Reactions: 28
Spot on. The woke lot are the most racist, sexist and classist of them all but they just don’t see it because ‘you can’t be racist to white people’ ‘you can’t be sexist towards men’ and ‘you can’t be classist towards the upper middle class’. Yes you can, you can discriminate against anyone, and the kind of ‘reverse discrimination’ (it’s not reverse at all, it’s just plain discrimination) is getting worse because it’s not just tolerated it’s celebrated.
The agenda of wokeness is to remove the societal impact of sex and class - arguably the two most prominent characteristics that lead to discrimination - by denying their existence.

They don't believe class or sex has any effect on how someone is perceived. So a wealthy black man is always going to have it worse than a white kid who works in MacDonalds, simply because he is black.

Transwomen have it worse than women by any metric - unsupported by any statistics but gender identity is the important thing, not sex.

A millionaire mixed race tit actress experiences worse attention than Camilla, Diana, Fergie and Kate - because she's mixed race.

This is their motive.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Sorry but as an educated man who was working within the Commonwealth we cannot excuse Philip and we can't say it was just a racist joke - we need to call out racism where it is actually evident rather than the 'undertones'. Yes a different era but that is no excuse. Harry however IS different I agree so why has he not been called to account by Oprah?
I respectfully disagree.
Philip comes from a very different era. We can't deny it. We shouldn't deny it. That's what life was like. Benny hill, carry on films etc were the top watched shows. You could pretty much say what you wanted about other sexes, races, religions without any problem whatsoever.

Phillip has a military background - 'all lads together' in the forces...my god today we'd implode if we hear some of the banter from back then.

But as a society we have mostly moved on and we know what's acceptable and what isn't. Most of us shudder a little when we see old TV clips.
But the older ones amongst us find it hard to change their thinking. I must apologise here but my 75 year old dad still can't get his head around why it's not ok to use the p word for people from Pakistan. He says 'but it's just short for Pakistani' and he sees it as a friendly nickname.

You can't view the past through the lens of today. It's utterly ridiculous to try to.

We all know they used to hang, draw and quarter people in the middle ages then stick the head on a spike at the city gates. That was ok back then - it was entertainment.
We have evolved, our values and morals have changed but we seem to be able to understand and accept that things used to be different five or six hundred years ago. Unfortunately critical thinking doesn't seem to work for some people for far shorter periods of time.
Perspective and understanding works both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I don't think she really did know everything about the Royal Family.
She thought she could live this kind of insta influencer lifestyle like the Kardashians but on a much bigger scale. That was her way of trying to modernise the Royal Family.
Flying around the World in private jets, preaching to the common people about her struggles as a woman of colour. Lecturing us on how to live our lives. Wearing beautiful, expensive clothes and jewellery.
She was then told no, this isn't how the Royal Family behave. You cannot get paid for wearing designer clothes, you cannot lecture and comment on politics. You have to be accountable on how much money you spend.
That is what she didn't realise and when she was told, she didn't like it and knowing Harry already felt 'trapped' hatched this plan with him to live the life that she was expecting to live.

Harry didn't look right in that clip with the Chickens when she was lying about how she wanted to get back to basics.He kept his head down and looked embarrassed.

I really don't think this is going to end well for him. Can see him taking his own life or having a breakdown. Especially when she leaves him.
Harry hasn't looked right since the day they got married. I've never seen someone, just married, who is so miserable.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The agenda of wokeness is to remove the societal impact of sex and class - arguably the two most prominent characteristics that lead to discrimination - by denying their existence.

They don't believe class or sex has any effect on how someone is perceived. So a wealthy black man is always going to have it worse than a white kid who works in MacDonalds, simply because he is black.

Transwomen have it worse than women by any metric - unsupported by any statistics but gender identity is the important thing, not sex.

A millionaire mixed race tit actress experiences worse attention than Camilla, Diana, Fergie and Kate - because she's mixed race.

This is their motive.
Maybe I’m misreading but don’t you mean they do believe race and sex has an impact on how people are perceived? i.e. as you say, a rich black businessman will always have it worse than a working class white man purely because of his race? I’ve seen loads of woke people saying we have unconscious biases that mean this will always be the case regardless.
Completely right though if I’ve understood correctly!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.