Harry and Meghan #72 Harry forgot his lines, so recollections may vary

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I’m misreading but don’t you mean they do believe race and sex has an impact on how people are perceived? i.e. as you say, a rich black businessman will have it worse than a working class white man purely because of his race?
Completely right though if I’ve understood correctly!
Yes, they believe class and wealth have no bearing on someone's "lived experience".

They replace sex with gender, so the problems women face for biological reasons and misogyny (notice the -gyny) don't exist and don't have an impact on their standing.

But they believe race, heritage, gender, political leaning and sexuality are the things that matter and having any combination of these things has an impact on a person's "privilege".

Reactions: 20
Why isn’t Harry’s racism bought up? , so America also have a racist royal amongst the midst.
I've seen it brought up in FB groups a couple of times. The standard reply is that he was young and has apologised, shown maturity and hence all is forgiven. Interestingly, only the calling his army mate a derogatory term is ever brought up, the nazi uniform incident not.

Reactions: 9
The problem is now is that everything is about how someone "perceived" something or how it ,,"felt" . These are two things that cant be qualified or challenged. As soon as that comes out you stand no chance of having a debate about anything. I can challenge something someone said or did that made me feel bad but they have the right to challenge that and I would always allow that opportunity if offered. However when it comes to fire topics of race and mental health, to make sweeping accusations based on the above with no evidence then you're in very dangerous territory.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes, they believe class and wealth have no bearing on someone's "lived experience".

They replace sex with gender, so the problems women face for biological reasons and misogyny (notice the -gyny) don't exist and don't have an impact on their standing.

But they believe race, heritage, gender, political leaning and sexuality are the things that matter and having any combination of these things has an impact on a person's "privilege".
Ohh I see, as in from the other perspective? So for example they would see it as because someone is a white man, regardless of their life experiences, they are privileged. I’m not articulating myself very well but we agree I’m pretty sure :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
I’m not African, I’m white British but even I found it very tone-deaf of her to say “nobody asked me if I’m ok” whilst visiting countries that have a lot of health issues, sick children, poverty and disparity between male and female rights.

Even I thought she did make it all about herself. I’d love to one day visit South Africa but I don’t really feel I got to see much of it from the coverage of their visit.

You will love it.

I love it.

People here are friendly and caring and giving. Mostly.

People here dance and sing all the time. We have excellent food that is full of flavour because of our melting pot of cultures.

Everyone always goes to Cape Town but that is a small segment of South Africa. We have wild life and depending on where you go it can equally be untouched. There is tropics in Durban. Johannesburg is more flat and there are many places to go that teach you about South Africa culturally.

Mpumalamga is the more wild. It's where Kruger Park is and Northern Cape is more desert except when we have spring and it mostly turns to flowers. And the Eastern Cape is forests and mountains were we still have wild roaming Elephants.

We also have crime, mostly opportunistic crime though, and some people are just assholes who trade in racism to benefit themselves and their agenda. (Not old white men)

I would encourage people to come here. But just make sure you know where you are going and where you shouldn't go without a guide.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
As an African I was deeply dissaponted.

They got to see some of the most amazing bits of South Africa and even got the taste some of the most diverse foods we have and I was saddend to see how they acted to the food.

South Africa is beautiful ... People are wonderful. Granted we have issues as everywhere does. But they turned it into a pity party.

Even meeting Desmond Tutu was turned into all about Meghan for a secondary interview.

She made that all about her. The work they were here doing was secondary to her playing the victim.

Not the causes they were here to highlight.
I thought Meghan had angered me as much as she could, but that Africa "no-one asks if I'm ok" interview still makes my blood pressure hit the roof. The utter selfishness when she had met children orphaned by HIV, been to a memorial for a young woman who was raped and murdered and seen people with unspeakably difficult lives, defies belief. The cruelty of Harry and Meghan whinging actually made me cry. I had been deeply moved by the strength of people's spirits and the scale of kindness and determination from those trying to help. As a woman, I especially felt great empathy towards women, so many of whom were hugely inspiring. I felt humbled and I thought everyone would.

The H & M Africa interviews were truly sickening. They were insulting to those who have real problems and also so very nearly reduced the entire tour to the Harry and Meghan "what about us" tour. It was contemptible.

On a more positive note, South Africa is a very beautiful country and I really enjoyed seeing different places. Learning more about the culture was fascinating and I would really love to visit. The joy of the dancing was contagious and I loved seeing all the children and of course Desmond Tutu. Lots of us will remember the tour for the appalling behaviour of H & M, but also for an insight into a beautiful country with some of the bravest, strongest, kindest and joyful people in the world. x

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Sorry but as an educated man who was working within the Commonwealth we cannot excuse Philip and we can't say it was just a racist joke - we need to call out racism where it is actually evident rather than the 'undertones'. Yes a different era but that is no excuse. Harry however IS different I agree so why has he not been called to account by Oprah?
But we all know about Phil's comments. They're many and varied. But actually when did you last hear one? Maybe because he's not in public duty. Maybe he was educated and learned to shut up.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Harry didn't look right in that clip with the Chickens when she was lying about how she wanted to get back to basics.He kept his head down and looked embarrassed.

I really don't think this is going to end well for him. Can see him taking his own life or having a breakdown. Especially when she leaves him.
He didn't look right in that clip at all. Is he on drugs or what? Is he finally starting to realise what he's done and how toxic Meghan is? I think the Queen has been amazing reaching out to try and save him from Smeggy and not being angry.

Does anyone else think that Smeggy shafted him in the Oprah interview? When she pulled the race card over what was allegedly said before he came on and then he had to say that he couldn't name anyone. It all seemed very odd to me. It's hard to believe that even if said incident did take place why would he allow her to say it to the entire world? He's thick enough not to realise the full implications for his family but I still can't believe that he didn't realise that a row would ensue.

Harry must also have known the real reason why Archie didn't get a title but again she changed the narrative to suit her. She really threw him under the bus there.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Much the same as Beyoncé’s “Black is King” on Disney+. What if someone made “White is King”? Why doesn’t equality mean we are equal? Why does it mean that people of colour can say what they like but while people can’t say anything or they’re racist.
Yes this!! I was really narked by Beyonce and the allowance of that. Like the MOBO could you imagine music of white origin? It's not just race. I absolutely hate international women's day. Where is International men's day? The inequality is everywhere....gender, education, race, sexuality to name a few.

In striving for equality we create greater inequality.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I respectfully disagree.
Philip comes from a very different era. We can't deny it. We shouldn't deny it. That's what life was like. Benny hill, carry on films etc were the top watched shows. You could pretty much say what you wanted about other sexes, races, religions without any problem whatsoever.

Phillip has a military background - 'all lads together' in the forces...my god today we'd implode if we hear some of the banter from back then.

But as a society we have mostly moved on and we know what's acceptable and what isn't. Most of us shudder a little when we see old TV clips.
But the older ones amongst us find it hard to change their thinking. I must apologise here but my 75 year old dad still can't get his head around why it's not ok to use the p word for people from Pakistan. He says 'but it's just short for Pakistani' and he sees it as a friendly nickname.

You can't view the past through the lens of today. It's utterly ridiculous to try to.

We all know they used to hang, draw and quarter people in the middle ages then stick the head on a spike at the city gates. That was ok back then - it was entertainment.
We have evolved, our values and morals have changed but we seem to be able to understand and accept that things used to be different five or six hundred years ago. Unfortunately critical thinking doesn't seem to work for some people for far shorter periods of time.
Perspective and understanding works both ways.

Thank you for your very thoughtful response. It's important to respect points of view and challenge them - I do agree with your points too.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Just thought I'd add a few other articles

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The face says it all
What the f..k have I have got myself into
Someone help me
[/QUOTE]
It really does, doesn't it? If you compare his demeanor when he was alone with James Corden, he seemed much more relaxed and happy, a bit like his old self. When he's with Meghan, he seems so tense and sad. He says "my wife" a lot instead of "meghan" and it makes my skin crawl. It's like he's trying to please her possessive self. She has worn that guy down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Seeing William and Katherine today. Just putting on the stiff upper lip, and carrying out their duties in spite of all the snarling and sniping about them over the last few days, my thought was: whilst it is ok speak out about racism, bullying, abuse and your poor mental health, in doing so Meghan and Harry have knowingly pushed others into a crisis with their own mental health.
Is that ok?
If you don't get support and help when you need it, wouldn't you want to avoid causing someone else to face that situation?
Kate looks like she has the worries of the world on her shoulders today.
William will 'speak to his brother soon'. Harry won't be allowed that call in private will he.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.