Harry and Meghan #70 Two weddings, lots of lies, someone's telling porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it's bad but please let atleast one of the alleged victims of Smegs Smollets bullying be a WoC if only to see the likes of Dianne Abbott squirm.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My online expectant mum’s group (thanks covid) had a thread where all the mothers who would be having children with mixed parentage were guessing what the kids would look like. Harry did say he was “shocked” by the comments tho so I think this was more than “ohh do you think he’ll keep the red hair” and not just in good fun as he was offended enough to tell Meghan.
I agree, I think it was probably a bit more than just red hair and pale skin BUT like many of the other topics they bought up, why did they need to bring it out into the open this way. I actually dont think Harry wanted to make such a big deal about it and why on earth did he tell Megan, it was said before they were even married, why tell her??

Reactions: 15
Hells bells these threads move fast.
On the last thread I was talking about the colour of the babies skin and the way Harry spoke that it was not about Archie but was something that was discussed earlier.
So I went back found the segment and this is exactly what he said.

"At the time it was awkward, I was a bit shocked. Not comfortable sharing that.
But that was right at the beginning right, what will the kids look like.
That was right at the beginning when she wasn’t going to get security, when members of my family suggest she carry on acting because there is not enough money to pay for her and all this sort of stuff.
There were some real obvious signs before we even got married that this was going to be really hard."

So this is different to what she says. I think this needs to be clarified because from what I have seen this seems to be the big issue, the colour of Archies skin.
'What will the kids look like' could actually have been referring to a number of things and it could have been said in a variety of contexts. Not that its much easier to swallow than "they were worried about how dark the babies skin would be" but because its soo big it needs to be clarified and there is no way they can confirm or deny it now as he isn't saying who said it YET it has been noted that it was said. Again it allows everyone to be painted with the racist brush.
The more I think about this the more I think it was said in the context of her dark skin and his ginger hair and just guessing what that mix would produce, probably a joke but nothing serious and negative. You are so right to point out the obvious contradiction in both of their stories. His claimed it was before they were married whereas hers claimed it was while she was pregnant and wording it like that "there were concerns over how dark Archie's skin would be" was clever. It elevated it from hypothetical and humanized it.

Reactions: 17
I LOL'd

"Oppression is inescapable," said Markle, who is married to a prince and worth approximately $50 million. "If you are a woman-- especially a woman of color, oppression will follow you all the days of your life and you will never really be happy."

Young girls around the world stood up and cheered at the inspiring message, many of them feeling hope for the first time.

"Thanks to Meghan Markle, I feel like I too can grow up to be a famous, rich, beautiful oppressed person," said Mikayla White, a 5th-grade girl from Southern California. "It's so encouraging to be reminded that I can grow up to be in the top 1% while never losing my resentment and high sensitivity to microaggressions."

Markle has promised to continue taking her message of hope to girls everywhere until no one is happy or thankful anymore.

"It's my true calling," she said.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
With regards to the “race” issues:
1: do they not feel that when Archie is old enough to rewatch this interview and see his parents claim that the rest of his family were concerned about his skin colour, that it will harm him? Surely, if someone has said something negative about your child or future child, you’d not want your child to know what was said? Especially not broadcast to the entire world. I don’t believe for a second that any comments were made in a racist way and that if any comments were made, it would have been a light hearted chat about what physical attributes he would possess as skin colour is a physical attribute.

2: I hate how she has portrayed the British public as being racist. Never have I seen an article about her mentioning her race or skin colour. Yes, there maybe some comments on Facebook or elsewhere from people who are racist, but there will always be racists - that doesn’t make it okay, but you can’t change how people think.
Britain is one of the most ethnically diverse nations in the world, we have communities from every part of the planet, and accommodate for each of those and their religions. Americans will now have this view of us that we are all stuffy white people wearing monocles and looking down at anyone who is not white - which just isn’t true. Racism is a far bigger issue in the US than it is in Britain - yes it does exist here but those that are racist are seen as racists and we have laws to protect equality and diversity.
I despise the fact that this narcissistic woman has tarred us all with racism brush. It doesn’t matter what the colour of your skin is, if you’re a horrible person, you’re a horrible person irrespective of race.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I agree, I think it was probably a bit more than just red hair and pale skin BUT like many of the other topics they bought up, why did they need to bring it out into the open this way. I actually dont think Harry wanted to make such a big deal about it and why on earth did he tell Megan, it was said before they were even married, why tell her??
Certainly goes against his (correct) mission to protect her in a way his mother wasn't. He could have easily shielded her from this comment and spared her feelings

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Of course I have no idea how others will react but as an Aussie I just feel (and I think a lot of others will also) was what she had to put up with THAT BAD that she had to drag Harry away from his family, the kids wont see their cousins now like they would have had they stayed in UK, I think she has shown just how dozy she is, she couldn't get an UBER to the palace, where the hell did she think she was, she did no research herself about the family, Harry didnt appear to be helping her at all, it goes on and on. I think the majority of Aussies would think just fecking suck it up girl and get on with it, don't play the victim, do the job you would have been getting paid to do and dont paint women in such a pathetic weak light.
The general rhetoric I’ve heard is that people believe them and feel bad for them but they have left now and it’s time to move past being a victim now. Honestly part of the problem is that they got married before agreeing in which country to live in. Someone always has to surrender when deciding where you want to raise your kids.

Reactions: 14
I think the Palace will revert with a sad response. In that, they welcomed meghan with open arms and are sorry if anything they said or did came across as racist, that was never the intention. They only wanted to protect H&M from the hardships of being royals but clearly didn’t a good enough job, and that unfortunately some of H&M’s requests were not requests they could fulfil due to the protocol and the fact that H&M wanted to step away from being working royals.
I think the Queen is immensely saddened by this but she’s probably tired and won’t want to engage in any tit for tat or he said/she said. The decent (and classy) thing to do is accept that they’ve lost Harry and move on. Any knee jerk reactions in the form of title stripping, threats of lawsuits would probably just attract more negative attention and make them look worse. I’m not saying they shouldn’t defend themselves but anything they do now will be heavily dissected by the world over and likely to be misunderstood so probably not the best course of action.
Time to put this to bed now and move on. It’s very sad as she has always been dignified and continued to express her love for H&M despite their stepping away. But you can only try your hardest to make someone understand the how and why, and if they don’t get it then they never will. Best to spend her time with people who do love her and get why she acts as she does. I’m very sad for her because no family deserves to have a public take down.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Oh zut! I am now officially three threads behind!

I am having a hard time

# 70 Keeping up with the Nartrashians

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Meghan’s face when Oprah reacted the way she did to the comment almost had a hint of, tit I’ve gone too far. 100% Harry told her not to repeat that 😂

Reactions: 28
I honestly believe that the discussion of how Archie would look was probably down to protecting him. It’s undeniable there is racism out there, why wouldn’t you address how he’d be received by racists and how potential abuse could be headed off?

I reckon this is Harry trying to put Chas in his place because Harry is an indulged, bitter, spoiled baby that has been told “no”.

The fact that they’ve let people run wild with racism accusations and caused social division means nothing to them. They give no shits what the collateral is in terms of charity, cohesion, relations because they know they have lost the only thing that matters to them - all their royal privilege and status.

Also, I wouldn’t worry too much about public chat. Twitter and the like are notorious echo chambers of aggressive know it alls and they fail to realise that nobody likes them outside of their fellow big gobbed crusaders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
I think it's disappointing that Harry and Meghan said that they were unable to publically address stories and rumours about themselves whilst being working Royals but have made accusations and allegations about other members of the Royal Family who are unable to publically defend themselves.

I agree with what Piers Morgan said yesterday that the Sussexes can't summarily dismiss allegations of bullying against them as lies and expect people to believe everything they say.

I dispair that this world that seems to accept that a BAME person cannot be criticised for their behaviour without the person giving the critcism being called racist (unless it is Priti Patel). Race isn't an excuse or an out for crappy behaviour and everyone should be held to the same standards.
It's sick, evil and disgusting.
This all really pisses me off. I hope evidence comes out on MM's crappy behaviour, the British press have been so disappointing in responding to this.

Reactions: 19
Thread locked before I got a chance to respond to this. I was using Spain as an example of geographically comparable country who has only ever had small number of working royals. Even when Juan Carlos was King it was only ever his wife and children... His sisters never had a public role. Elena was unscathed by the controversy surrounding Juan Carlos and Cristina but stepped aside when her brother became king.
Infanta Christina’s husband went to jail for 5 years for Fraud. Cristina went to switzerland in exile.
i suspect if he wasn’t a king; Juan Carlos may have been jailed. Felipe was brought in fo4 damage limitation

Reactions: 11
I personally feel Orca was a little bit more 'grilling' with JCMH as she had just listened to Migraine telling her how JCMH had basically left her out to dry.......there was NO support from him with regards her mental health, he tit stirred and told her so many 'mean' things that he had overheard or been asked.......
There was few times that Migraine actually said...."Harry told me...." or "Harry saw....."
That's not to say Migraine is a victim in any way shape or form......just that JCMH is definitely not the 'poor little boy' that the sugars are making him out to be.

JCMH is a spoiled, petulant, jealous, vindictive and extremely manipulative bleep.....they make a perfect pair and I just wish they would duck off back to the damp rock they crawled from under.....

• Heart
Reactions: 33
There's a ring of steel around the Monarchy and an elastic band around the Markles. I wonder who will survive and thrive the longest?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Gahhhhh they’re so manipulative with how they word things. Replace ‘concern’ with ‘curious’ and the meaning becomes very different. Also I can picture innocent speculation between close relatives, then maybe Harry having had talk of racism drilled into him by the wife was hyper-aware and ready to be offended. Or he just trotted back to report to her and she told him to be offended and used it to drive a wedge between him and his family

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.