Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

No Drama Llama

The Crown would recover from this, the Markles wouldn't.

Tuesday morning would be good for me ...
As you say, the crown will be ok, it's been around for a very long time and survived a lot worse than a jumped up American - they've already been there, done that and bought the t-shirt. What I don't understand is what Meghan and Harry think they're going to achieve by slagging off the Queen and the royal family - the Queen is known and respected worldwide, even by people who are anti the royal family. All Meghan is doing is proving how unemployable she is and I can't imagine anyone would touch her with a barge pole after this. How dare she speak about the royal family in the way she is when if it wasn't for them, she wouldn't be in the position she is with all the privileges she has. What's even worse is that Harry is allowing this to happen, that's his family she's slagging off who he was really close to until they got married. It's also Archie's family so he will be asking questions when he's older about why he never sees them and unfortunately for her, it's all out there in the public so he will easily be able to find out what she's done.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member
I'm loving the fact it's apparently William who is pushing for the bullying to become public and people to have their chance to speak. The RF know how triggered Merkin and JCMH are and they have a massive stack of evidence to bury them. It's annoying they obviously got wind of the Times article before the Orca interview but the fact Merkin is hitting back so topically shows how panicked they are.

I suspect William and Kate will be slowly sitting back and watch these two destroy themselves.

View attachment 466430
I feel bad for W&K. TQ has let things go WAY TOO far. Chuck is asleep and has frankly indulged Hazno and turned him into this simpering jerk and has indulged M as well. I can imagine that M and H were both told "ok this is ok, this is not ok" etc and they ignored it time and time again with the justification that it was time to bring in a progressive, modern monarchy. The horse has bolted. So TQ now has all this to deal with and she is 94. She has to wrap her head around the concept of "bots" and soc media and cult of celebrity and influencers making money from dresses and mushroom latte start up investments etc etc. She has to diplomatically address unfounded insults and amorphous/vague but sinister allegations and the rattatat-tat of incessant racism accusations that can be hurled without so much as a shred of empirical evidence (remember that we are all being told to trust the science?). She is 94, has been doing this job for 70+ years, her husband is dying and her grandson is publicly insulting and criticising her.
Chuck is doing NOTHING. So it falls to W. W &K. I cannot imagine the self-restraint that it took to not jump on a BA flight to LA and punch Hazno in the face.
The ONLY way this goes away is if there is evidence and IRS receipts. Literally. That is the only way.
Oh and Brenda - withdraw your consent to their marriage. they are married, fine, but withdraw your consent and he drops out of the line of succession. Simples.

• Heart

Baguette

VIP Member
If anyone is up at 3 am early Monday..

A Royal Beat Special: The Oprah Interview, streamed live from London, will immediately follow the historic CBS programme, with guests analysing every word for new revelations and how Harry and Meghan come across in the interview, and also providing their expert, insider views on how their answers might impact on the future relationship between the Sussexes and the Royal Family.
Host Kate Thornton will be joined by guests:
Angela Levin, broadcaster and author of Harry: A Biography of a Prince and Harry: Conversations with the Prince
Robert Jobson, royal expert and author of Diana: Closely Guarded Secret - dubbed the ‘Godfather of Royal Reporting’ by The Wall Street Journal
Russell Myers, Royal Editor of one of the UK’s leading newspapers - The Daily Mirror
Mark your calendars for March 7th at 07:00 PM PT/ 10:00 PM ET/ March 8th 3:00 AM GMT. This is an event you won’t want to miss!

I'd say this will be more interesting than the actual Oprah special - and it's free.

• Heart

kittenattack

VIP Member
I think the problem with the accusations of racism is that, in this case, there are two separate issues. The fact that she is mixed race and has a disgusting personality. Racism does occur everywhere, but she still has a disgusting personality and is a serial bully. Does she deserve to be racially abused? Of course not, nobody does, but she is still a bully and needs to be called out for that. I think calling racism at every turn prevents the bullying discussion from taking place. People get frustrated with that. She knows this, and uses it to full advantage, and that's frustrating as well.

• Heart

freda19

VIP Member
Refused to use Brenda's gynaecology team too.
And refused to let Chas pay her medical bills for the pregnancy. Paid those herself.
This is a woman who was scamming Chas for clothes repayments and would put in a claim to Chas for a new toothbrush without a qualm.
Yet she paid her own medical bill rather than allow the Firm access to any details that might raise questions/eyebrows.

Diva18

People on twitter are moaning that Meghan is pregnant and she's being bullied by the press/BP
Why isn't anyone thinking about prince Philip and the Queen? What Harry and Meghan are putting the Rf through?
Double standards on twitter as usual.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

Baguette

VIP Member
From Lady C's latest video.

Her sources 'close to RF' are saying they are disturbed and shocked by the treachery and Harry's inability to see how unacceptable his behaviour is, in briefing against his own family. The RF is deeply upset about recent events, it has contributed to PP's current condition, PP called in Charles to the hospital and 'drew a line' and asserted his role as head of the Royal Family about the Harkles. The RF and BP (the courtiers) are also beyond furious that the careful calibration of their news and messages has become impossible because the Harkles insist on blasting out wall-to-wall, 24/7, PR, and their PR is tone deaf, elitist and self-centred.

• Heart

Rayne

VIP Member
Sorry to ask you all to do my job for me, but I wanted to show my husband that pic of Smeggy as a kid, with the startled expression and the tombstone teeth. I've scrolling madly through but can't find it. I know it's been here recently. Has anyone got a link they can easily post? Sorry, don't worry if it's hassle obviously. But he's suddenly got very invested in all the changes to her face and I want to foster his interest :m
You are in luck my friend, this one has a special place in my camera roll and my heart
0A866F27-8F98-44A2-AFEC-BBCF4A448347.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

rainyfaces

Chatty Member
Everything she is doing is narcissist textbook.

1. Anger
  2. reputation smirching - when a narc is unmasked they go absolutely hell for leather on destroying the reputation of those who have 'betrayed them', they will lie, aggressively, and if the destroyed party fights back or react, fingers are pointed to 'see? see how crazy they are, I told you.'
  3. narcs cannot maintain their mask 24/7 or with prolonged attention - Meghan is exposing herself. Even previously neutral or even mildly admiring parties are flinching from theis cold, calculated, flagrantly abusive woman
  4. it fascinates me people are drawn in by her - a people who say she is so nice - yes narcs are profoundly charming, sociable, magnetic, delightful - but it isn't real they learned long ago how to manipulate, and they are only nice when they want something. It is easy to be nice when you are getting what you want!

• Heart

LadyMuck

VIP Member
On itv news at 10 they showed a clip of a programme in the US called The View, which is very similar to UK's Loose Women where all of them said it's a race thing. So annoying that they cant see she's just a horrible person

• Sick
  • Angry

a.nonny.mouse

Jesus Christ people, can you slow down a bit?? I finally catch up to the current thread (with a fair bit of skim reading) and it’s up to page 24 😩

The announcement of high school places couldn’t have come at a worse time for me as it was like being at a tennis match (you know, insisting on having several rows of seats to myself) switching between desperately trying to read the Smeg gossip and refreshing my emails like my life depended on it.

Anyway, I really shouldn’t post, I’m probably another several pages behind than I was before

• Haha

hahaha

There’s just no coming back to ‘the firm’ for either of them after this. It is absolutely mind boggling that Harry is cutting ties with his entire family for a woman who speaks to ONE of her family members. He really is a dunce if he can’t see the root of the problems! Still in two minds as to whether I’ll watch it or not on Monday. Either way by this time next week what are the odds we are on 100 threads 😂

• Haha

No Drama Llama

From one of the reliable Tumblr blogs

Have Execs at ITV had sight of the complete documentary yet, I wonder?

If anything like this is in the interview, it will be more hints and coded language.
So they feel they're entitled to their own privacy while going on national TV talking about someone else's marriage :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Sick

Cooriedoon

Chatty Member
I have been thinking lately, season 4 of The Crown was brutal on the Royal Family. Made them all look like monsters against Diana. Now I am only in my 20s so my only memory of Diana is the funeral. But I, and most people I know who watch the Crown are still hugely in awe of HMTQ. She is a force, she is a positive constant in most of our lives in the UK and as a Nation we understand that this woman puts her nation and duty first before any of her own wants or needs. Surely Harry understands that no one will turn us against the Queen who has shown unwavering support for her nation. But those who try and bring her down will feel the wrath of the entire country. So Harry & Meghan - what are you trying to achieve here? We see less of W&K (future King) than these two, the privacy claim is null and void at this point. Unless it was the Firm they actually wanted privacy from..

liar liar

VIP Member
Just finished reading the Rebecca English piece in the DM 🍿

I have a question about the other story in the news today about M kicking off because she wasn’t allowed to keep the designer freebies she was sent. I had no idea that wasn’t allowed and always assumed they kept whatever they were sent and subsequently wore. So are they expected to wear it, give the brand their exposure and then send the garments back?
Royals do not accept 'freebies'. They pay for their clothes and, therefore, keep them. Certainly one of Kate's jobs is to represent British brands here and abroad. Her clothing budget is paid by Charles as was Smeghans. Smeghan may have attracted freebies and tried to keep them and probably didn't like being told that she couldn't.

• Heart