Harry and Meghan #418 The Veterans and the Baka People deserve better

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No working royal role for Prince Harry as palace stands firm
Palace sources say there is no way back for the Duke of Sussex to step in and help his family carry out duties while King receives treatment

Hannah Furness, ROYAL EDITOR and Patrick Sawer, SENIOR NEWS REPORTER
17 February 2024 • 6:30pm

There is no way back for the Duke of Sussex to take a temporary working role in the Royal family while his father is ill, The Sunday Telegraph understands, after reports he is willing to step in.

The terms of the Sandringham Summit, as agreed between the Duke and his late grandmother, father and brother, still stand, and rule out a “half in, half out” approach to monarchy.

On Saturday, it was reported that the Duke had expressed willingness to help the Royal family while his father is taking a break from public engagements as he receives treatment for cancer.

A newspaper claimed the Duke had told friends he would step back into a royal role, and quoted an insider saying it made “perfect sense” on a practical level.

A source close to the Sussexes on Saturday said they believed Prince Harry would return to help his family if asked.
The Duke and his father recently spent around 30 minutes together at Clarence House, after Prince Harry flew back to Britain having learned of the King’s cancer diagnosis.

It is understood that the matter was not discussed in that meeting, at which the Queen was present, with no formal conversations taking place about the Duke’s return.

Palace sources have emphasised that the King’s illness will not change the terms of the Sandringham Summit agreement, in which the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s exit from the working Royal family was negotiated in detail.

“Those terms were quite clear, and the King’s illness hasn’t altered that,” said one source.

Another confirmed that the express views of the late Queen, the King and the Prince of Wales, that a hybrid model of working royalty was not appropriate, “remains the case”.

In an interview with Good Morning America this week, the Duke said his own family was now based in California but added: “I’ve got other trips planned that would take me through or back to the UK so I’ll stop and see my family as much as I can.”

He also agreed with an interviewer that the King’s illness could help unify his family.

One source said they had a “hard time believing he [Harry] wouldn’t want to try” to help his father, should he be asked.

The report in The Times caused some disquiet on both sides of the Atlantic, with questions over the timing and wisdom of friends exposing the Duke to criticism of using his father’s illness to push a narrative of “reconciliation” with his family.

Ingrid Seward, royal commentator and author of My Mother and I, suggested anyone attempting to engineer the Duke’s return to public life in support of his father would be wasting their time.

She said: “Harry is out. There’s no going back to a public role. What would he do? He has got no patronages to exercise as a public figure and for him to come back would just be a parade for Harry. It would not be a serious, proper role like the working royals have.”

One insider said it also appeared at odds with the recent approach of “least said soonest mended” about the Royal family’s interpersonal relationships. Even the Duke’s critics had noted a lack of immediate briefing about his meeting with his father, and “fairly moderate” words in his GMA interview.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have now finished their three-day trip to Vancouver to promote the Invictus Games.

Members of the Royal family are expected to be back in action on Sunday, with the King and Queen likely to go to church at Sandringham and the Prince of Wales confirmed as attending the Baftas in his role as president of the academy.

The palace has always made it clear that no “stepping in” to fill the King’s engagements is yet necessary from any members of the family, with the Queen continuing with her programme and the Prince of Wales returning to his own work once his wife is on the mend from abdominal surgery.

The King intends to undertake all state business throughout his treatment, with some modifications to make sure his health is protected throughout.

Traitor Hazno has been opening his big gob and whispering these soundbites into his "sources" ears to make it appear that he has more clout and connections than he actually has in reality.

• Sick
Reactions: 42
The amount of times they have been away from them is ridiculous and surely the neighbours must be suspicious and concerned by this as they surely must think why are they constantly leaving them and why do we never see them out and about with Harry and Meghan. If I lived next door to them and constantly saw Harry and Meghan alone without Archie and Lili then I would be extremely worried about them.
Had I been their neighbour, I'd have been excited that the Harkles were away for a while 😂 My neighbours are really lucky 😂

This is why the Gruesomes supposedly have that huge mansion with the huge gardens - so the neighbours wouldn't have an idea about who's coming or going and if anyone is being left behind. No way to hear the screaming either, although surely they must be feeling the aftershocks from the regular crockery smashes.

Reactions: 23
He was at RAF Shawbury and there were rumours about him getting rough with sex workers. Plus drugs, I suspect it was more than party antics, and it seems he was warned before going to Afghanistan where culturally such behaviour would be explosive and highly damaging - hearts and minds etc.

He didn't listen, and BP had to get him out. Just guessing, but I think they leaked it to Australian Womens magazine New Idea, then it spread to Germany. They could then get him out "for his own safety". Job done.
He's a liability wherever he goes.
I bet Sasha Walpole climbs down from her digger at the end of a hard day, goes home to her lovely husband in her cozy house and thanks God for dodging that ginger bullet!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Do you think they are they talking about reparations here, when they say "pain and suffering" of indigenous people? Harald seems to be in a fully royal role here, not even half in. They talk of discussions "next year". Was this arranged with the Palace before Harald went to Whistler?
I'm beginning to wonder if the meeting between chuck and stoat was more to do with sliding the stoat back in...?

It was very odd that the right royalled-up Sussex.com site appeared so soon after the visit.

And now stoat has represented himself as some sort of peace negotiator with Canada's indigenous people....? How? Just as he was quickly insinuated into US orgs lobbying for censorship etc. Despite his sub par brain cell capacity.

Who's he really working for?
Do we really know what's really going on?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
We need to catch what the rebranding of half in -half out will be.
It isn't going to be called that.
It can be anything :
''by invitation'' ''representing temporarily '' ''on behalf'' ''by request '' or something more subtle.
It will be there at a certain point, if it ends in the media, a reaction will not happen , because everyone follows ''half in -half out.''

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
bleeping poor bastard , having to " oblige" that frightful bleep............

It must be like trying to push a marshmallow up the A1(M)

Hope he straps a plank across his arse ,first......
More like a yawning hippo….or a sausage through the Mersey Tunnel…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
OK, I have a question.... It's not really a question because I kind of know the answer already.

I've noticed in the last few days, that in all the promo stuff... not just on their new website but also the We Are Invictus socials. H&M are always referred to by their full titles. I.E. 'Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex' and 'Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex'.

(This isn't an HRH discussion BTW)

Whereas whenever any of the RF are out and about and it's in the press here, It's 'Prince William' OR 'The Prince of Wales', 'Prince Edward' OR 'The Duke of Edinburgh'. It's very rare that the full title is listed in any write ups? And certainly if it's a couple it's just 'The Prince & Princess of Wales'.

It's just been bugging me that the people writing this stuff seem to be tripping over themselves to make sure they get the titles overly correct.

So, is this just people going OTT or do we think instruction has come from 'above' to make sure that 'Sir' and 'Ma'am' are referred to correctly?View attachment 2763752View attachment 2763753
Are they entitled to the 'The' now or not? I thought it was now Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex?

Reactions: 24
All this talk of peacocks & up pops this memory on my Facebook today! This was Bertie, the peacock at my work. He and his mate Madeline would roost on the castle chimney stacks for the heat, & would also scratch the cars to bits sunbathing on their roofs 😂 He was actually very sweet, but very dim!

To stay on track - the Sussexes are a pair of absolute conniving bell-ends!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
If he gets anywhere near being back in, in any shape or form I'm done with the royal family. I hate to say if but the sooner KC is gone and William is in charge the better
Completely agree. I'm the same.

According to Taz. The only 2 who previously mentioned the harkles overshawing the IG, were quickly moved on

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Cant view in my country
I just read it. Please don't think I'm saying what to read and what not to! But I wish I hadn't wasted those 5 mins, 3 of which I spent wondering WTF this piece was about!

Seriously, it's poorly written, wanders all over the place and ends up in a slough of puff for Mrs Stoat (who 'refused' to go back to Suits) and something so banal about Archewell that I've forgotten it!

The only 'news' is not news at all. It's about Rick Hoffman's sensitivity to bad smells, his affection for his coconut and vanilla moisturiser, how he was messing around in the pews with a Suits cast mate, and then hoping that none of them would think he'd made the smell he could smell as he's so finnicky about about his personal hygiene.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
IG should really rethink having H as a patron. If not, then sadly, they deserve to fail. Not the vets tho

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
My son’s wedding was held at Ruthin Castle in Wales and we stayed over a couple of nights in the castle. They had peacocks in the grounds and being woken first thing in the morning by their screaming was a tad annoying. Bet Peacock Peg wakes the staff up each morning by screaming at them. Poor Pablo, we haven’t mentioned him for a while, I wonder how he’s doing.

Back to the Ruthin peacocks ….. what really fascinated me was that they went up into the trees at night to roost …. I never knew that before ….. and watching such big birds getting up there was mesmerising!
A friend used to have a pair of peacocks, the male put her in A&E once...(you can imagine the conversation with the nurse...😂).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
If he gets anywhere near being back in, in any shape or form I'm done with the royal family. I hate to say if but the sooner KC is gone and William is in charge the better
I think most of us would have to very seriously review and amend our allegiances if the Prodigal is allowed back in.
Chuck is playing with fire if this wastrel comes back. But then, it does seem that he's been a doormat for his immature son forever.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
IMG_4602.png

It seems the palace have clapped back at darling boy and slapped his stupid ginger face.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Are they entitled to the 'The' now or not? I thought it was now Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex?
Yes, but it's well I told you before. :)
Harry should be now The Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex .
Or only-The Duke of Sussex .
If having style (HRH) then:
HRH The Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex .

It seems that inserting ''The'' in front of Duke instead of Prince , wonderfully bypasses the ''lacks identity, it could be anyone.''
As observable the game benefits the ''brand'' in this case.
They are no longer obligated to use The Duke and Duchess of Sussex .
Now Peg has an ''identity via Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex , very different to The Duchess of Sussex .
Clever.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.