Harry and Meghan #40 It's never our fault, our self awareness is locked in the vault!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Piers Morgan take on Netflix deal
Oh these are hilarious...Piers suggests programmes they could make for Netflix......I especially liked...

8) IS MEGHAN OK? - A powerful mental health documentary filmed at the height of the pandemic when health workers earning a pittance were dying in their droves trying to save lives. It features Meghan, wearing a suit of armor once worn by Joan of Arc, sitting inside billionaire star Tyler Perry's Beverly Hills mansion, being served chilled champagne by a butler, as Harry washes her laundry, asking the one burning question everyone in the world was asking as Covid-19 ran riot – 'WHY DOES NOBODY ASK MEGHAN IF SHE'S OK?'

4) MEAT THE PARENT FOCKERS - A horror movie reboot of the popular comedy movie franchise starring the heroine's father Thomas – played by Robert de Niro – who gets disowned for daring to do exactly what his daughter did and collude with paparazzi, and ends up suffering a grisly demise when furious Meghan throws him into a meat-packing mincer during an angry reunion. She immediately blames the incident on the 'racist media'.

2) AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 PRIVATE JETS - A lavish travel docu-series in which we follow the Duke and Duchess around as they bang on endlessly about the environment, saving the planet and the urgent need to reduce one's carbon footprint during live broadcasts filmed aboard their famous friends' private jets. Cameos from George Clooney, Sir Elton John and bankers from JP Morgan.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Was she organising things back when she was a "working royal"?

She went on to debunk the claims of friendship between herself and Markle, writing, "I’ve met this woman once. Ever.
How precious is this ... "I’ve met 'this' woman once. Ever".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
So so glad to read in the paper that the Netflix deal will be " looked into"... hope it is scrapped as it should be. The rest of my comment is unprintable today.... really fed up with the arrogant greedy pair.:mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 31
So it seems that the $150m Netflix deal is nothing more than another Markle fantasy - what they've actually got is a probaby $2.5m "retainer" payment in exchange for them taking everything they produce to Netflix first, and Netflix gets first choice over whether to buy it and screen it or not.

So although they get some cash in hand, it's effectively quite restrictive, because they've got to take all their product to Netflix first and can't shop it around other companies like Disney or ABC etc.

I guess the "$150m" claim comes about from IF they magically do make a successful suite of programmes and IF Netflix does indeed decide to buy them all AND pay a good price.

But even then, out of that $150m theoretical earnings, won't they have had to pay a load of people (writers, actors, cameramen etc) out of that money to actually make the product? So they're not going to be left with much out of the $150m for themselves are they?

"The Crown" is widely known as one of Netflix's most expensive productions, and one of their real showcase products, and that cost $130m per season. As in, Netflix got the whole season of 10 episodes, each just under an hour long, for $130m. Children's series and woke documentaries are going to command a lot lot less. Even Tiger King, one of Netflix's biggest documentary hits, is said to have only been worth $2m an episode to Netflix.

The other problem with running around in public telling everyone you've managed to get Netflix to pay you $150m is that the calls for them to repay the Frogmore £2.4m renovation cost out will become absolutely deafening!

Nope, Prince Woke and Duchess duck and Suck or whatever we're calling her now, are going to have to work very hard for that money. It's absolutely not being handed to them on a plate. I hope they didn't spend too much cracking open bottles of champagne last night as they haven't earnt anything yet.

By the way. Has anyone figured out yet what they did with Disney's donation that was meant to go to the elephants? This needs to keep being brought up and kept awkward for them until the money is traced.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
The comments on the DM article are spot on. What I find perplexing is that normal families are very complex in nature, it’s a balancing act of keeping harmony, respect and individuality. Each member has their own thought processes, but strives to please other members to lead to that harmony and together conglomerates into one unit. That’s my experience anyhow.

When one member of the tribe steps “out of line” the other members usually come down hard and let them know their behaviour is unacceptable. Why is the powerful matriarch of this family doing nothing. As has been mentioned in many comments, this makes HMQ look very weak. I don’t know of any Grandmother who would let their errant family members treat them in such a way. It’s not easy to cut family members loose, but if they continuously tit on you it’s the only option left, otherwise you are seen to be condoning their bad behaviour. Even Thomas Markle has cut his beloved daughter loose, no longer recognising the child he brought up. Doria is complicit, Harry is complicit and it’s beginning to look like the RF are complicit.

Bottom line is, the message this sends out is there are no longer family rules. Do what the duck you like and if others don’t like it they can just suck it up or duck off. Way to go RF. Teaching the youth of today that family values no longer exist and you can do what the hell you want without regard for others feelings. Seems strange in light of the fact that M&H want to preach about the “nice” bits of life whilst displaying the fact that they are indeed a pair of cunts!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Quick summary of Danja's YT video. She's heard (no sources so it's gossip) that Tyler is suing for back rent. The agreement was $150k per month plus extra for top-up security. They paid for the extra security but skipped out on the rent. Amazing if true or even partly true.
i totally believe this.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Meghan frequntly wore a tent was one comment. Have to read the comments :ROFLMAO::m:p

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Lady C said the Queen can't just take the ducal title away again, it would require an Act of Parliament.
Yes, it's not quite as easy to strip the titles as people think plus TQ was mindful of the Govt being involved with Brexit, and now bigger issues like C***D and the economy. Also İ think TQ was thinking of security for the Sussexes in letting them keep the titles for now.

Reactions: 12
So it seems that the $150m Netflix deal is nothing more than another Markle fantasy - what they've actually got is a probaby $2.5m "retainer" payment in exchange for them taking everything they produce to Netflix first, and Netflix gets first choice over whether to buy it and screen it or not.

So although they get some cash in hand, it's effectively quite restrictive, because they've got to take all their product to Netflix first and can't shop it around other companies like Disney or ABC etc.

I guess the "$150m" claim comes about from IF they magically do make a successful suite of programmes and IF Netflix does indeed decide to buy them all AND pay a good price.

But even then, out of that $150m theoretical earnings, won't they have had to pay a load of people (writers, actors, cameramen etc) out of that money to actually make the product? So they're not going to be left with much out of the $150m for themselves are they?

"The Crown" is widely known as one of Netflix's most expensive productions, and one of their real showcase products, and that cost $130m per season. As in, Netflix got the whole season of 10 episodes, each just under an hour long, for $130m. Children's series and woke documentaries are going to command a lot lot less. Even Tiger King, one of Netflix's biggest documentary hits, is said to have only been worth $2m an episode to Netflix.

The other problem with running around in public telling everyone you've managed to get Netflix to pay you $150m is that the calls for them to repay the Frogmore £2.4m renovation cost out will become absolutely deafening!

Nope, Prince Woke and Duchess duck and Suck or whatever we're calling her now, are going to have to work very hard for that money. It's absolutely not being handed to them on a plate. I hope they didn't spend too much cracking open bottles of champagne last night as they haven't earnt anything yet.

By the way. Has anyone figured out yet what they did with Disney's donation that was meant to go to the elephants? This needs to keep being brought up and kept awkward for them until the money is traced.
That $150 million figure that's being bandied around... From yesterday's Telegraph

The terms of Harry and Meghan’s deal are under wraps but, according to US executives, involved in the couple’s conversations with Disney and Apple, the Sussexes team were seeking a deal in the neighbourhood of $100-150 million.

The only US executives present at both the meetings with Disney and Apple work for the Harkles. So this figure is coming from Sunshine Sachs or someone like that. In other words, complete fluff. Phrases like 'seeking a deal' and 'in the neighbourhood of' renders the figures meaningless. Knowledgeable people have said that at most the Harkles will get a retainer per annum, then anything else will be a payment for individual projects but only if Netflix likes what they see. It's fantastic that BP will get sight of the contract and I expect a nice deflating leak will follow.

The Disney donation ended up in Sussex Royal we think allegedly to fund 'eco projects' that never happened. So.. they spent it on something. Research trips to Ibiza or Sunshine Sachs fees most likely.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
So it would seem that the Harkles have done a deal with Netflix without running it past the Royal family first. This just shows that their one and only aim in life is to be as rich as possible.🙄
This greedy pair don't care about anything else and becoming 'producers' is all about massaging their egos and giving 2 fingers to us.

The royal family must stop funding them and paying for security or there will be a huge outcry from the public, and people who want to get rid of the monarchy will have plenty of ammunition to call for a republic.

I don't think that they will ever pay back the money they've taken but given that the Queen has enormous personal wealth the royal family could pay it back easily. Basically Smeggy has just managed con of the century and will seemingly get away with it. Once they are not receiving any money from the UK the pair of shits can do what they like.

I'm not so bothered about the titles. Harry was born a Prince and will therefore always be a Prince. I'd rather Meghan didn't have any title because she doesn't deserve it, but we all know that even if Duchess of Sussex is removed her stans will continue to call her Princess Meghan anyway. 😡

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
This campaign popped up in my Instagram. I would have thought a royal patron would be leading this but I assume they're only going to promote Netflix content now?

SmartSelect_20200904-125848_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes, it's not quite as easy to strip the titles as people think plus TQ was mindful of the Govt being involved with Brexit, and now bigger issues like C***D and the economy. Also İ think TQ was thinking of security for the Sussexes in letting them keep the titles for now.
Plus it's very dangerous territory for the Royal family to acknowledge their titles can just be taken away, that they mean nothing, plebs might get the idea we don't need the monarchy. 😱

Reactions: 16
I think it's great news for the RF and (if you were really, really machiavellian) you might well think that they aren't unhappy about this. They've got rid of the Harkles without looking harsh or vindictive.

I suspect we are going to hear shortly that Haz will 'voluntarily' surrender his titles, which I think doesn't require an Act of Parliament but a voluntary Act of Disclaimer delivered to the Lord Chancellor. That typically happens when a hereditary peer wanted to sit in Parliament like Tony Benn, so it's uncommon but not unknown. Haz will also be told agree that he'll be doing business as Mr Wales or whatever just like Uncle Eddie.

The NY Times broke the news of the deal like this: (fairly obviously based on a Team Harkles press release, which is stuffed to the gills with Royal references)

Prince Harry and Meghan Sign Megawatt Netflix Deal
Six months after ceasing to be working members of the British royal family, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are Hollywood producers.

LOS ANGELES — Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, having resettled in California, on Wednesday unveiled new Hollywood careers.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have founded a yet-to-be-named production company and signed a multiyear deal with Netflix, which will pay them to make documentaries, docu-series, feature films, scripted shows and children’s programming — giving the couple a global platform six months after their dramatic decampment from the House of Windsor.

So that press release and story just couldn't be any more 'exploting their Royal status' could it unless you slapped a crown over the top 🥴
Looking at the middle of the story, it gets even worse:

Meghan and Harry, the second son of Prince Charles, abruptly announced in January that they planned to step back from their royal duties, seek financial independence and spend part of the year living in North America. It triggered the most serious crisis for the British royal family since the death of Harry’s mother, Princess Diana, in a car crash in 1997. The news media labeled the fracas Megxit.

After emotionally charged negotiations, Queen Elizabeth II granted the couple’s wishes in return for their agreeing not to use their most exalted titles, His Royal Highness and Her Royal Highness. The couple also agreed to give up public funding — setting off a tabloid guessing game about how they would finance their lifestyle, including paying for security.

Harry and Meghan used to draw some income from the Duchy of Cornwall, a hereditary estate owned by Prince Charles, but that ended with their departure from Britain. Harry also inherited several million dollars from his late mother. Before their 2018 marriage, Meghan, then Meghan Markle, worked as an actress in “Suits.”

And then right at the end we get this correction:

An earlier version of this article referred incorrectly to a source of income for Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan. They do not draw income from the Duchy of Cornwall, as they did before they left Britain.

It's news to me that Harkles could claim to 'draw income' from the Duchy of Cornwall, but I'm sure Megz' divorce team would like say that's the case.🥴

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The more you think about the Netflix deal, the stranger it gets. This announcement did zip to publicise any upcoming project. It's all about the amazing genius of the Harkles brilliant dealmaking talents and puffing up the deal size to $150 million So they haven't built any sort of brand for their production company, or started to build anticipation for the forthcoming **insert Woke-name here** blockbuster Megsplanation doc.

Not only that, they've put out publicity dissing Jeffrey Katzenberg (he flew in to beg them to sign to QuiBi 🥴 ) and by putting it about that their deal with Netflix is $150 million, they've put Netflix in an awkward place with all the many real, live deals they are currently negotiating. Way to go - bet Netflix are not happy at these antics.

There's a great piece in the Telegraph which cannily suggests that Netflix will probably buy in a few documentaries and tell the Harkles to sit on a sofa and introduce them. Would be hilarious if they buy up the old Ardent TV stuff, much of which wasn't too bad. How long though before Harry becomes the face of the Netflix Royal documentaries? Or they twist his arm to allow them to make the next series of the Crown (the rumour from Page Six is it was Harry that blocked it)

If you have a few minutes, read the Telegraph piece (archived for easy reading which many thanks 😘 )for a really good explanation of how this Netflix deal will likely work, then read well-connected Cindy Adams in PageSix

Final thought. They aren't saving Archie for a magazine cover, are they? It's Royal TellyTubbies time..
Read the Telegraph piece...very insightful thanks!

Reactions: 15
"I suspect we are going to hear shortly that Haz will 'voluntarily' surrender his titles, which I think doesn't require an Act of Parliament but a voluntary Act of Disclaimer delivered to the Lord Chancellor. That typically happens when a hereditary peer wanted to sit in Parliament like Tony Benn, so it's uncommon but not unknown. Haz will also be told agree that he'll be doing business as Mr Wales or whatever just like Uncle Eddie".

I liked reading this very much. I had no clue they were able to surrender their titles, something to look forward to in the not too distant future, I hope.🥳 It'll be bells and whistles that day ... 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Brand would certainly be an excellent choice to play Manson in a film 😁
Physically he would be good, but his acting skills aren't that good and he would play him with his high pitched Mickey Mouse voice, thus spoiling the Manson package somewhat.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.