Harry and Meghan #371 And the Emmy still doesn't go to.....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a jab at W&C who bring their kids on select official outings. You know, because clearly going to one event a month precludes them from playing the rest of the time. It’s not like we’ve seen photos and videos of the Cambridge children frolicking and interacting with their cousins and others…no, they are kept locked in the attic the rest of the time!
The events the Wales children are taken to are obviously carefully selected. The older two were at the funeral and coronation but aside from that concerts, sporting events they are very obviously enjoying and engaged in, a scout barbecue, an air show. They are not being taken to more serious events but being sensibly and gradually introduced to their future.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
GB News - Nan Akua hinting that Harkles will feature in her monologue at the top of the hour - 4pm UK time (love Nana - she doesn't usually hold back!)

Reactions: 25
You want the one written by James Clavell. It's set in Changi prison camp in WWII. It is an EXCELLENT book. There is also a film (B/W) - it might be on you tube -could be worth looking for.
James Clavell is a marvellous writer - endorse King Rat - also Shogun by Clavell - also a TV series with the lovely Richard Chamberlain
R.F Delderfield is good too

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If they joined the Scientologists, surely Harold would then lose his place in the LoS? The Monarch is head of the Anglican church, so anyone with any chance of succeeding to the throne has to be CofE. I think they relaxed the rules some years ago for the back runners with zero chance of inheriting the throne, but Henry is only 5th in line.
Surely even the Scientologists would not touch them with a barge pole. All those secrets they have would be blabbed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
You want the one written by James Clavell. It's set in Changi prison camp in WWII. It is an EXCELLENT book. There is also a film (B/W) - it might be on you tube -could be worth looking for.
Thank you, I thought that might be the one. I don't get the time to read much during term time so it's nice to have a good recommendation for when I do get to read. Last year it was Revenge, which I found oddly depressing whilst salacious. I didn't keep that for a re-read.

Reactions: 14
This smacks of the Catherine Tyldesley cakegate debacle.
Catherine has her own thread here, for those interested ...

Reactions: 19
I don’t know enough about the circumstances surrounding the Harkle kids well enough to comment on all your post, but three points I would add:

1. Parliament has conferred backdated legitimacy in the past, and also taken it away. I mentioned Henry VIII as the best known example whereby Mary Tudor was legitimised in LoS, delegitimised and then legitimised again, as was Elizabeth Tudor. There’s also the example of Henry II and his four sons although the Parliament pre John was so different from what we have today that I don’t think it makes a good comparison.

2. I see the phrase “born of the body” a lot in these threads and was just wondering where that came from? The 17 century legal wording was “heir of the body” and it was debated in the Lords in the 2013 Succession to the Crown Bill in which Lord True pointed out that this would exclude children of a Same sex marriage or born of a surrogate and should be amended to genetic heir. That’s an interesting debate to read for anyone interested in this issue and can be found here: https://hansard.parliament.uk/lords/2013-03-13/debates/13031351000661/SuccessionToTheCrownBill

3. If Lady C is correct then I reckon KC3 has been consulting the Law Lords and seeing if there’s a way around whatever issues exist with the Harkle kids (of which you are clearly better informed than I am!)

I find it all very fascinating tbh.
So do I, and thanks for the further information. We go round and round in circles about this, but at least thanks to the internet it won't be easy for them to pull off a scam however many Law Lords they consult. They may produce "birth certificates" or DNA tests but they need to be very careful as lots of people will be watching.

Real Harold doesn't have hairy arms like the Jackson Hole Harold and Montyshitto Parade Harold. His ears also. If the Harkles aren't together but are pretending to be a loved-up young couple, a stand-in Stoat will be very useful.

On Sam's case, and Judge Honeywell suggested this will be the last attempt:
"If they fail to settle or resolve the case in mediation, a trial date has been set for October 2, 2023, which would last no longer than five days."

Reactions: 25
Am I the only one who really, really wants ILBW to go into politics? We’ll get to finally find out the truth about her yachting days; her mother disappearing for 10yrs and all the other bullshit. She’s so thin skinned she’ll be destroyed. Bring it on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
1. In June 22 Rachael Maskell introduced a private members Bill to strip Prince Andrew of his title. It's second reading was due on 9th December 22.
"Jun 21, 2022 — Labour's Rachel Maskell presented a new Bill to Parliament, to allow for Prince Andrew's Duke of York title to be stripped from him."

2. On 2nd December 22 Isle of Wight MP Bob Seely proposed an amendment to Rachael Maskell's Bill as folliws:
"Isle of Wight MP Bob Seely is preparing an amendment to a bill in Parliament to deprive the Duke and Duchess of Sussex of their Royal titles."

3. Evening Standard
"Dec 9, 2022 — Rishi Sunak does not back a proposed new law to strip Harry and Meghan of their Royal titles, Downing Street said on Friday."

It looks as though the Rachael Maskell Bill went for its second reading on 9th December 22, but was blocked by Downing Street because of the amendment to strip the Sussex titles as well.

Rishi Sunak wouldn't have blocked it if KC wanted it to go ahead.
It's interesting that days after Bob Seely's proposed amendment (to include removing the Sussex titles) the government blocked the whole lot.
This Bill will go nowhere now.
Rachael Maskell might have succeeded getting this through. By adding the Stoats to the Bill Bob Seely has inadvertently possibly saved PA's title.
Isn’t it actually two separate bills? Maskell seeks a new Bill to allow The King to remove titles, while Seely wants to amend the 1917 Titles Deprivation Act (used in the First World War) which would give the Privy Council the power to act.
Maskell’s bill is currently due a second reading on 24/11/23, but “The House is currently not expected to sit on this day and the Bill is therefore not expected to be taken.”

As for the Seely Bill, can’t find anything other than news about him thinking about it.

Reactions: 19
I appreciate that many of us don’t want Hasbeen back in the UK. I do not. But being realistic, I can see that happening and I am going to have to deal with it. Let’s face it, where is he going to go? I tend to not believe he would stay for the kids. He hasn’t shown me any great fatherly feelings at all.

I just hope he stays in the background and does not become a working member of the royal family. He can never ever be trusted again so hopefully William & Catherine will remember that. I think they will. They will be kind but not stupid.

As for the kids, I am still a surrogate believer and as such those kids need to be taken out of the LOS soon. The Prince & Princess titles don’t really bother me. I know Megabitch will continue to use it for her merching.

Oh what a bleeping mess that idiot spare has made simply because he is selfish, pathetic loser.
I think he should go to Botswana, and would have done years ago if he’d met the right person. He obviously loved it there, understandably as it’s fabulous.

Reactions: 24
GB News - Nan Akua hinting that Harkles will feature in her monologue at the top of the hour - 4pm UK time (love Nana - she doesn't usually hold back!)
rubbishing the video calls - fake - prearranged acted calls
no Happy Birthday messages from RF
strategic red feather placement at Coronation
disastrous year - distancing of 'friends' - Serena Williams & Beckhams
catastrophic 'car chase'
snub of no invitation to the Balmoral get-together
Nana 'puking' at the Serena/Rachel mutual love-in podcast
they have 'carved a niche as grifters' - great stuff!!!! :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The events the Wales children are taken to are obviously carefully selected. The older two were at the funeral and coronation but aside from that concerts, sporting events they are very obviously enjoying and engaged in, a scout barbecue, an air show. They are not being taken to more serious events but being sensibly and gradually introduced to their future.
And they are actually shown far less than the children from other European royal families. By age 11/12 many of them are doing solo speeches and solo engagements. At 13 years old Leonor of Spain made a solo speech where she promised "to serve Spain and all Spaniards with dedication and effort"

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Sorry, if this gem has already been posted, but Jan Moir is in rare form with this little ditty. So many funny zingers. This is my favorite:

Yet after seven years of behaving like two handsy old hams overacting in a royal romcom set in a petting farm, Harry and Meghan can't blame puzzled viewers for fearing the worst when the carousel of caressing suddenly stops.

View attachment 2357388View attachment 2357399

Hmm, Both look on verge of tears in this one.......................................ILBW has usual horsey rictus smile; I can't decide if haz looks angry or ready to cry.
"carousel of caressing"

I'm DYING laughing at that over here in America... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
DM - coincidental?? naughty DM
piece on another actress who married into the RF - has a birthday (43) today

Sophie has been gently assimilated into the RF - makes occasional appearances with senior members, seen in close proximity to KC3, chatting on the balcony to others - has some charitable patronages - no fuss - an asset.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.