Catherine Tyldesley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘Coronation Street star Catherine Tyldesley is celebrity at heart of 'free 40th birthday cake' row: Party planner asked small local bakery to make 100 cakes for actress's bash 'in exchange for social media and magazine plugs'

Can’t find a thread for her on here and have searched.

I’ve always found her a bit strange and smug.

The constant talking about weight loss using the same old grainy before picture that is 20 years old.

Anyway, she is allegedly the latest celeb/influencer that has been found out begging for a free party in exchange for exposure for the business.

First screen screenshot is CT’s message and second screenshot is owners response!
Third screenshot is the infamous grainy before pic!

Kinell!

---
Mod edit: removed the #1 because most threads never make it past 1

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Just seen the story on the daily mail on line, it’s their top story on the celeb section. The comments don’t hold back.
---
Just seen the story on the daily mail on line, it’s their top story on the celeb section. The comments don’t hold

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I mean, this is why we are all on Tattle isn’t it? They have no shame. So grabby and dirty.

• Heart
Reactions: 133
I know nothing about her, but I'm sick of influencer culture. Have a bit of self respect and pay yourself for things, stop monetising every personal event in your life.
I don't generally post on influencer threads as the lot of them drive me nuts.

• Heart
Reactions: 130
It’s been driving me nuts trying to figure out who the celeb was! To be fair tho, I think it’s come from the event planners and not her.

Reactions: 15
I think the sign off was from someone called Abigail? Surely CT must have given the go ahead for it?

Reactions: 16
She's a nut. I realised when Covid was at its height.

You could cut glass on her jaw. Her nose job was decent quality though.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
How cringeworthy. She did a q&a on Instagram and was quick to answer a question about her 40th stating she wasn’t doing anything for it haha, must’ve been because she knew this was going to be made public

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
What a smug, rude cow. How on earth can she say that she hopes this is the exposure that cake lady was hoping for…. She was none the bleeping wiser a few days ago before CT’s buddies got in contact with her! Bizarre.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 168
I'm just gonna say wow! Given the negative response the original freebie request is getting she doubles down by inferring the baker is attention seeking!!
Surely she can see that the companies original request was promising exposure of the bakery etc.. or is she pissed that the bakery got the exposure without providing her freebies & benefitting from her social media promos!

• Haha
Reactions: 124
Wow, what an idiotic response! Just own the fact you've been caught out and say it was 'misjudged' or something vague and obtuse then hope it dies down. Slagging off the bakery is going to do her no favours. That email was pretty self-explanatory

I'm sure she's not the only celeb/influencer who tries to blag free stuff, but risking being named and shamed is the price you pay for being greedy

• Heart
Reactions: 123
What a nasty response on her Instagram. Narcissist behaviour at its finest.
I don’t believe she knew nothing about it, there is no way the PR company would do this without her sign off. The way she worded her response was so conniving - “I wasn’t aware that those emails were being sent” “I’m not working with OK magazine on anything, that I’m aware of”.
And then to blame the cake company for publishing their response because now she has journalists at her front door is absolutely astounding. The bare cheek of it and what a nasty comment to make.
Vile behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 150
Awful response! How bleeping rude to basically say the bakery owner was looking for exposure. No, the media just picked up on it because we're all sick of self entitled people like her who think "exposure" is enough for payment! Christ she has clearly seen the emails so all she should be doing is apologising.

And as a little merail, I'm a cake maker and have made a few cakes for clients with big followings (who have all paid), and yes the exposure may bring you a few more visits to your page and likes to your photos, but I don't think I've ever had more orders from them, because not all their followers live in our area!

• Heart
Reactions: 146
What an awful person CT seems to be. Tone deaf to the court of public opinion. Does she not realise that hundreds of thousands of people don't really know who she is but will now be judging her solely on that cringeworthy insta response. She will forever now be known for cakegate and her cheap ass ways. And for employing terrible agencies like NVRLND and then standing by them. Idiot!

CANNOT WAIT to see the next instalment in this.

• Heart
Reactions: 101
So pleased that the small business has got exposure and was brave enough to call them out.

This is why so many small businesses back down on exposing the “in plain sight theft” of these so called influencers.

Having had the experience with a certain “cleaning” zeleb myself and fearing negative backlash if I exposed what was said by her and the account her husband created just to troll me, I’m so glad this little business stood up for themselves.

And just so out of touch with her passive “exposure” comment. Just goes to show if you blow enough smoke up someone’s rear end they start to believe they are infallible 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 134
God she’s awful. What a dick having a pop at the bakery. Completely unnecessary and shows her up for the twit she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
Such bitchy comments from her regarding the lady who owns the cake company. She’s done herself no favours bitching like this. Talentless overrated nobody.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.