Harry and Meghan #354 When Dracula is less draining.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hate to say it but I thought William and Catherine were very subdued. There didn't seem to be much interaction between them at the service and even on way out. Could be just me.
---
This is what I meant

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I'm having to pause it as I'm doing dinner, my 8 year old is wasting away don't you know?🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hate to say it but I thought William and Catherine were very subdued. There didn't seem to be much interaction between them at the service and even on way out. Could be just me.
---
This is what I meant
I thought they looked fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
---
This is what I meant
Looked like they were chatting the whole time. They have mastered the talk while walking and looking ahead so as not to fall arse over tit in front of world media.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Spoiler: OT: Generator question
Do any of my ‘Murican Tattlers have a whole house generator (Generac or otherwise?) I have a beast of a CAT 7500E model, but curious about whole house. I know it’ll cost around $12K to get whole house installed, but I’m curious if you think it’s worth it. Tanks for reading this!
Murican here. I had a Generac at my old home. I lived in the moutains and we lost power with every storm, sometimes for several days at a time. After a pre-covid-ist respitory infection which left me needing supplemental oxegen, we had a gererac installed. It was marvelous, brillant, I can't say enough good things about it. It self tested and texted the results, and provided a smooth transition from power loss to restoration,

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Looked like they were chatting the whole time. They have mastered the talk while walking and looking ahead so as not to fall arse over tit in front of world media.
I thought they looked fine, a little chitchat and aware that a camera is zooming in as they walk.

I can’t walk in heels , literally can’t stay upright unaided and steps 😱😱forget it ! I was a little anxious for some of those women on the marble steps ( Jill Biden) and walk to the wedding venue.

Reactions: 47
---
This is what I meant
Funnily enough, I thought the same.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Lady C

Haz 2-timed Smeg in early days of relationship? According to Angela Levin's book, Haz met and dated Sarah-Ann Macklin around same time as Smeg. A good looking model, very clean living but not into Charlie or roasting chicken like the Harkles so a relationship didn't develop.

Diana disliked Princess Anne? İgnored as a godmother to PoW and Haz.

Doria's influence on Smeg? Her attitude and prejudices probably shaped Smeg more than Thomas Markle's did. She was exploitative, racist and entitled. She treated Thomas like a bank whilst living a bohemian lifestyle.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Apparently Beatrice holidays with them? And the bride is friendly with Edo (apparently same Architecture circles)

I really like the direction of William and Catherine attending royal events. I hope to see them do more of this. The British royals tend to come across as unfriendly because they don't participate in many celebrations when others always come to theirs.

Beatrice and Edo are quite the elegant pair too. Who knew this was how it would turn out? They looked great.

It's a white-tie event. So tiaras are optional. I hope Catherine and Beatrice do wear them.

There is no alcohol at Muslim weddings, as far as I know. And I think his sister didn't have alcohol at hers, so probably not.

Yes, she is.
with regard the Alcohol, I think there is a massive party for this wedding in Sardinia next week, so I guess this will get around the Alcohol issue

Reactions: 26
Thanks for the new thread and title. :)

I noticed that the Prince gave W&C both warm greetings with hugs and double kisses, so they obviously know each other. Weren't Sophie and Edward the usual wedding reps? I wonder if this is the beginning of easing Beatrice into part-time royal work. I am not totally against that (and Eug, if she proves her loyalty) - I would love for William to be able to have the support of a large number of cousins, like HMTLQ had. They don't need to be full time
Gorgeous wedding pics. Hope there are loads from the reception.

Rajwa's dress was ❤

Catherine and Bea both looked lovely.

Bea has come on a lot since Edo. IMO, she's now among the more stylish family members (and I never thought I'd be saying that about a York!) I'd far rather see her and Edo out there representing the RF than the Harkles coming back. Not sure about Euge.

Of course, as pointed out in another post on the previous page, with Rajwa being an architect she may well be a friend or business associate of Edo, and B&E are there socially rather than Royally.

Either way, it was nice to see a good showing from our RF.

And Happy Birthday to even more fellow Geminis! 🍾 🎂 🍾 🎂 🍾 🎂

I've lost count how many of us there are now. :p

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Angela Levin was just in gb news. She doesn't think Smegz will stay quiet.

Oh, Trevor Coult on now, talking about the RAF

Reactions: 23
Angela Levin was just in gb news. She doesn't think Smegz will stay quiet.

Oh, Trevor Coult on now, talking about the RAF
do you reckon she's on the phone with every casting agency yelling at them to provide 2 child actors STAT for a happy family photoshoot. :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I really have no objection to Bea being a working royal. She’s not responsible for her horrible family and she seems nice, especially since she got with Edo. Watching her arrive at the wedding I was struck by how much she resembles Queen Victoria!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
this is technically the 3rd day of the wedding. what they did just now is signing the final wedding contract in front of the official public notary.
the first day there would be the religious ceremony, where they go before the sheikh and are married. then there's the groom's party.

the second night it's the bride's party, where it's attended by women only so they can take off their hijabs. they dress the bride then draw on her hands with henna and "drip her in gold" literally, as she is gifted gold jewellery by all the attendees.

normally, at the end of the party, the groom and his entourage arrive at the wedding venue and only the groom is allowed in so he can be congratulated by the womenfolk, then both newlyweds leave in a caravan of cars and fanfare, but they left that last part for the separate "westernised" wedding they are having today.

i imagine they will all retire for a bit and change for the big banquet later tonight.

in Syria, because we condense all these steps in one day/evening we usually have night weddings. bride and groom go to the public notary where there's a sheikh to witness the wedding one day, or even a couple of days before the banquet. then there's the 2 separate parties in the afternoon: the groom and the menfolk with the arada (fanfare/batucada) start off at the groom's house and go to the bride's house where the women are waiting, then they embark together to the wedding venue, if the family is secular. if not, things happen as i described above: only groom enters and the men dance and sing outside, then he comes out with his wife and go home in a car caravan.
Thank you for sharing - that's really interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
---
This is what I meant
They were at a Jordanian Royal Wedding, their behavior was respectfull and circumspect-not attention seeking. Had haz and smeagol attended no doubt she would be wearing a tacky, garish, wrinkled, poorly fitted dress, would have stared and smirked at the camera and poked out her tongue. Haz would have tottered about in his heels with an unbuttoned coat made by dior and blown pupils.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.