Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member

That's what your hand would look like if you ran your fingers lovingly through Harold's luxuriant hair (not seen is all the orange pubes on the floor that you would've dislodged from his head) 😂
I will have to take out my brain and wash it in 99% isopropyl alcohol 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
His speech at the gathering (of about 20 painfully bored ppl) went over like a fart in church, and he was sad because Mommy Meghan said he could have done better 🙄
She’s smiling because…well, cameras.
They’re both so vile.
A long-deceased friend would have said ‘saves spoiling a nice pair’

• Haha

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
I want to get some Coronation merch, can’t resist how cute it all is! But I’m not sure if it would get to Australia in time 🤔
If the official merch doesn't turn up in time, maybe someone's doing digital designs on etsy etc that you can download and get printed on a mug for yourself? It can be done locally if you have a print shop nearby. That way you'll have something on the day, and the official stuff as a keepsake.

Some of my supplies have arrived - cute little tray bases etc, so I'm off to prime and paint. My black paint has been missing for a few weeks, so has the brown. Keeping a close eye on the one jar of orange paint that I have left. Somehow it's all out of stock 🤔 perhaps Smegs is going to terrify shock surprise the BRF after all 🤷

• Heart
  • Haha

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I've spent 4 hours this evening trying to catch up and I'm only up to page 15 on this thread. Didn't have the laptop on over the weekend as feeling under the weather so had a break.

I'm taking all these press reports with a huge pinch of salt. There is so much speculation and unnamed sources, who really knows what is true and what isn't outside the palace walls.

I haven't bought any coronation memorabilia, it's not my sort of thing. Tbh I've not seen any, Sainsburys mustn't be stocking it unless it's coming in later.

From the previous thread, there seems to be quite a few of us Taureans around. I'm one, birthday is 25th April.
Aww that's my childhood cat's birthday! Roll on 25th, happy birthday 🐾

• Heart

VC10

VIP Member
So we'll be arriving on UK soil right when the coronation is about to start (11am) 🤦‍♀️
We booked a holiday in England in January completely oblivious that the coronation would take place on the day of our arrival, and that there would be a bank holiday on Monday.

I'm a little excited that we will be in England on such a historic day, and I've been wondering if there is any easily accessible list of events, street parties, etc somewhere online so that we can maybe attend one or two?
We'll be around Portsmouth and in Dorset during the long weekend.

Otherwise our plan was to just drift around and see if we run into something by coincidence.
In Portsmouth , there will be loads going on. Big Naval Base there , the Ferries will be decorated & sounding their fog-horns etc

• Heart

jkroche95

VIP Member
I really love quiche and I still don’t think I’d ever bother making this one! Sounds too weird and just meh to me. Pants choice by their majs that isn’t going to stand the test of time IMO.
They should have made a pork or steak pie! More British!

The Tipsy Titian

VIP Member
I can say “SweetSummerChild ist die zweite Frau von Mr SummerChild.’

Honestly, it’s like being in Germany in here!

I can also order a beer and ask where the loo is in Spanish. I can’t understand the answer, but I’m halfway there! 😂
Nooooo never ask for directions! The only question I could ask would need to have "um de ecke" (round the corner) as the answer 😂

• Haha

Duee

VIP Member
Celt Views

---

Are you able to access the Marks and Spencer website Duee? They had lots on there from tee shirts, pj's, pillows, cushions, tea towels, teddies etc. I bought a commemorative tin of shortbread biscuits for £6, and a lovely candle for £10 and a plate, oh and prosecco. Bought 2 good quality tea towels from Tesco for £3.70
They are not shipping food, but I plan to travel to a neighbouring country that has M&S (our stores were closed due to “optimisation” a few years ago) but the travel costs should not be more than regular shipping costs, so it’s still worth it if they have the coronation memorabilia (hope it’s not limited to UK only). Therefore I wanted to know if it’s actually worth it and some recommendations. Prosecco and biscuits are never a miss (if nothing else that lasts lol), so thank you so much!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

maharini

I am not sure that he is from Sunderland. He went to the South Shields Boys Grammar School which would lead one to believe that he is from South Shields, People from South Shields are Geordies. He could have moved I suppose, from Sunderland to Shields.
People from South Shields aren’t Geordies! They’re Sand Dancers.

Duee

VIP Member
Not sure, she did hint at QE2 cause of death before it was publicly released however
I am on a fence, she does not say anything new but at least still makes sense and does not lose the plot.

As for QE2 issue, this is when she irritated me. Everyone since the “note circulating in Parliament” (even us not UK based) and all the shenenigans (sudden changes, BBC broadcast) knew that media were waiting for the announcement. While everyone incl well everyone was tactful,she released it and then deleted it. So this one does not count for me as something accountable.
(end or rant, watching the Champions, sorry)

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Catherine may not have asked, but if given the chance I think she would have liked to say goodbye to a woman she knew for two decades.

I do agree that the stench emanating from many of these stories can be traced back to the Harkles, but Tom Bower and Robert Jobson aren’t helping.
Would she not have had the chance to speak to her over the phone before she got worse? God it’s so sad isn’t it if she didn’t get to.

• Heart

Meemew

VIP Member
Clearly these clips are the best of the lot which means the other ones were worse. I remember the ghastly duck/rabbit book reading where the kid wanted aonther book and squirmed to get away, how many takes did they do before they settled on that one? Children don't like her (and neither do I)!!!!!!
The kid wanted his nappy changed!