Harry and Meghan #331 Coronation Chicken and Ginger Whine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My SIL is obsessed with the colour purple, I mean really obsessed and not in the little "knick knack" collection sense either....most of her clothing, accessories, kid's buggy etc., even down to the lounge room doors! Drove her to the airport one time and it was like a purple exodus, her clothing, kid's clothing, buggy, suitcase!
We built a home after my son was born, my master bath has a purple tile floor, and some purple iris accent tile on the walls. my kitchen has purple countertop, and my 2 main colors of teal/aqua. My floor tile is a light aqua /teal streaks on white. My mom had just died, and my d9ctor wanted to give me pills for severe depression. Instead Mr butterfly wanted to plunge me in planning & decorating a new home. Everythinngs white, purple, teal and grey. We had my father-in-law move in with us. He hit a blue room. Lol. Purple is soothing, and to me its a way of life. :) Is your SIL spiritual?

Here's my 1st souvenir, arriving Friday .:)
Screenshot_20230419_210431_Firefox.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@Chita
I’m so sad to hear you are feeling so shattered by the venom those vile sugars sent your way 🥺. The worst narc in my life is my husband’s ex-wife who has said truly awful things to and about me. It doesn’t matter that I have no respect for her thoughts or opinions, it still hurts. It doesn’t matter that I know the people that know me won’t believe her, it still hurts. It doesn’t matter that I can diagnose her personality disorder (Psych degree here), it still hurts. I just try to squash down my hurt with all the truth I know.

It‘s also infuriating that those sugars, and others like them, will throw out easy insults and then just move on and forget about it all while we keep revisiting the pain. Take comfort, please, in knowing that people like you… sensitive and creative people like you… are special, valued and bloody NEEDED in the World.

I hope you can squash down your hurt with all the love and support you get from us here and beyond (there’s so much more support for you online than there is negativity). What would you say to someone else going through this? I hope you can say the same things to yourself xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 44
My SIL is obsessed with the colour purple, I mean really obsessed and not in the little "knick knack" collection sense either....most of her clothing, accessories, kid's buggy etc., even down to the lounge room doors! Drove her to the airport one time and it was like a purple exodus, her clothing, kid's clothing, buggy, suitcase!
Mine is obsessed with purple also. Everything is purple. Even her car!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Does anyone else every feel like debate and evidence have gone out of the window and we are now in a situation where no one is allowed to even discuss factual matters. Discussing the idea (per TW) that the UK is more racist than the US when statistically (I believe) studies show we are more racially tolerant than the US. Also the Netflix doc stuff around Brexit and Commonwealth = Empire 2:0. Massively sensitive and important issues that I believe should be handled thoughtfully and for the right reasons (ie not self interest). Apparently I’m not allowed to discuss this because I’m not a POC. I said that I understand racism is still a massive issue to be tackled in the UK, just that I believe studies show that we are actually much more tolerant than the US. (Obvs still lots of improvement required). I just don’t understand. I honestly feel like we aren’t allowed to even discuss anything anymore or examine facts. Should I just never discuss anything any more and are opinions or debate completely au fait now. Is this honestly a healthy way forward?
You hit the nail on the head! Why should your voice and opinion be any less valid than a POC's? How does excluding the views of any group help race relations move forward? We are in full devolution mode when facts and productive debate are ignored.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I'm so sorry to hear this @Chita. I enjoy your pictures and enjoyed the story bored from TRG using them.

I really hope that you're able to start feeling better soon 🐈
I’m s sorry to hear this. I don’t know you, but found you to be enormously talented with a great sense of humor and a whole lot of artistic ability. I have never viewed any of your work as racist, though you may be a fashionista. Know that your talent and humor brought joy to many, including me, and I do hope the critics - who offer nothing - get over themselves. Chin up, take heart, and thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
My Fortnum and Mason musical coronation biscuit tin arrived yesterday. No one is allowed to eat the biscuits yet though.
I ordered a Fortnum and Mason Coronation Basket Hamper a few days ago and can’t wait for it to arrive. ♥ I was a bit surprised at the quick delivery date. It’s supposed to make it’s way across the Atlantic and land on my doorstep by April 27 at the latest. I’ll take a photo of it and post it once it has been delivered. 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 31
With regard to harry and Andrew on list of COS the chances they would be called to act for Charles are slim to none. Ann and Edward were added as the other two cast outs are not working royals. We can rest easy😊

The Counsellor of State position typically belongs to the sovereign's spouse, followed by the first four people in the line of succession over the age of 21. Currently, those are Queen Camilla, Prince William, Prince Harry, Prince Andrew and Princess Beatrice, Andrew's eldest daughter.
Because Harry, 38, and Andrew, 62, are no longer senior working royals, Parliament felt it was best to expand the cohort to include two more people who could be called upon to stand in for Charles. The Counsellors of State Act 2022 amends the Regency Acts 1937 to 1953, which were upheld as precedents until this point.
I am not among your citizenry, though I could properly be deemed an Anglophile and loved your late queen. Legit question from an outsider - should a non-working royal be a Counselor of State? Does that make sense? not even sure what a non- working royal is, really. Someone who basks in reflected glory but can’t be arsed (I’m learning) to contribute!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Lady C was also close to one of PP's Russian relatives. Lady C would stay with her if she visited NY sometimes.
I think I read that PP was still close to the relative (cannot remember if it was Olga something) until his passing.

Also Lady C's different from the other commentators, as she answers questions asked by her viewers so it may be a rehash of previous video questions.
It's Princess Olga Romanoff; they're extremely close. She wrote the forward to LC's bio. I noticed on the ITV's Meet The Aristocrats (?) limited reality series that among a small friends & family birthday garden party that Lady C was prominently featured. I think this may be how LC was first to break the news of HLMTQ'S death?
Princess-Olga-Romanov-book-launch-©-Joe-Alvarez-9346.jpg
Screenshot_20230419_201210_Samsung Internet.jpg

---
My Fortnum and Mason musical coronation biscuit tin arrived yesterday. No one is allowed to eat the biscuits yet though.
I ordered that, too! And the pink coronation tea and a few other things. 🫠🤭 The F&M Corrie items are also being sold through the Highgrove website; the prices & shipping were a bit less expensive than F&M's.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
@Chita Please know all the love support and respect that you have on this thread and in places beyond that you may not even be aware of. Your artistic talent and wit has garnered many fans and everyday you gain more. When you pause and consider the source of you critics, you will appreciate how worthless their comments are Nothing a sugar can say can possibly harm you. They are pathetic little creatures who only have consequence in their own twisted little sphere. Feel better ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 36
So we'll be arriving on UK soil right when the coronation is about to start (11am) 🤦‍♀️
We booked a holiday in England in January completely oblivious that the coronation would take place on the day of our arrival, and that there would be a bank holiday on Monday.

I'm a little excited that we will be in England on such a historic day, and I've been wondering if there is any easily accessible list of events, street parties, etc somewhere online so that we can maybe attend one or two?
We'll be around Portsmouth and in Dorset during the long weekend.

Otherwise our plan was to just drift around and see if we run into something by coincidence.

• Heart
🥰 Brilliant Pom
I see you as the swift conquerer with a cunning plan 😃
You managed to kick Chuck out of the way and usurp his crown 👑 😀 😁
View attachment 2113349
Thank you 😊😄😀💖❤❤🤗🥰😘 xx
So that's why Chuck is looking at me funny, I thought he was wondering why I've got a big bum 😄😄 ( Great pic Thanks for the Crown Scotch Mist ❤😊🥰🤗😘 xxx) .

For you 🥰💖 xx..

Resizer_16279488314210.jpg

I just noticed you on his head lol so cute 🥰😀😄💗 xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
As someone wrote on Twatter in response to this post:

"If the Sussex Squad is not a coordinated group then how did they organise a group of people to donate money to the same organisation? They clearly have an operation setup, with team leaders & a bank account to transfer the funds. Is that a charity account?. Receive payments?"

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Now that you mention it, I must do my weekend shopping prior to Saturday! How many proseccos would last, how many kettles a day one has to boil, etc anyone?
The more proceseccos and cups of tea the ahem more trips to the toilet so may I suggest the Meghan Markle recycled toilet rolls , for each 100 rolls bought we plant another tree 😀😄😄😄😄❤😘 xx.

Resizer_16819703902251.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
As someone wrote on Twatter in response to this post:

"If the Sussex Squad is not a coordinated group then how did they organise a group of people to donate money to the same organisation? They clearly have an operation setup, with team leaders & a bank account to transfer the funds. Is that a charity account?. Receive payments?"
Exactly my thought They aren’t some innocuous little group of fans. I recall reading that back in the day, stars like Elvis Presly had fan clubs that were totally organized with chapters. Why should things be so different today and it is much easier for groups of strangers to communicate even in real time. Collecting money today is much easier as well.

• Heart
It's scary to think if God forbid KC and QC were incapacitated from oh I don't know, a car/plane accident and PW was out of the country or himself unwell, then H would be holding the Fort. God help us all if that ever happens. He should be removed ASAP but KC obviously wants him on that list
They said it was easier legally to add additional CoS to the list than to remove existing ones so that's what they've done so there's a bigger pool to use. There's no way on earth A or H will ever be allowed to be deputies for KC.

Reactions: 25
Oh Honey, don't be in a bad place. This is just the dark before the dawn. I promise you that. Lets go through this...
I know you had a disaster with the mugs and t-shirts. The biggest problem you had there was the woke community crying 'racism'. And we all know it was some deranged sugar. You cannot take that stuff personally. Plus I'm not sure it's all that effective to go that route anyway. You really need to sign a decent contract with a firm that will do all that for you. So for now, put mugs and t-shirts to one side.

Its the same with the book. If you go the self publishing route you don't really make any money. Even on Amazon, you're not going to make that much money. So you need a publisher but it has to be a publisher that publishes cartoons etc. There will be a lot of them out there, not just in the UK but also in the States. You won't have heard of them but you will be able to tell if they know what they're doing or not.

I'm most worried that it's upset you to be called racist. You must take no notice of these people or their views whatsoever. It's a horrible thing to go through at first. But eventually it gets said so often by absolute idiots and morons that it become meaningless. I've been called a transphobe, a bigot, a Nazi and a Right Wing loon. All because I believe that transwomen are men. I promise you that you will get over the upset and you'll ignore them without being aware that you're ignoring them. No one with a brain thinks that your cartoons are racist...because they're not. Let the older ones surface, they were bloody funny and it's good for people to see them. You've done nothing to be ashamed of. So give yourself a break on that one.

I can help you with the book. I can track down the right sort of publishers to approach and I can ensure that they're decent companies. If you need any writing for the book,, I can do that too. I am more than willing to assist you in anyway. I believe in your talent @Chita and you should too.
The path to success is a very rocky road and you need to be prepared for that. But as my favourite poem says 'Be kind to yourself'

We all love and support you hun, you've kept us in stitches for years. And we all stand by you.
@Cassandra333
BIB - yes please. I looked and the search engine pages have hundreds of companies, all claiming to be best. I just got overwhelmed and gave up. Also, it's kinda hard to get my head around people wanting to have my doodles in book form.
If you reply, please do it in the tea and chat thread, so we arent derailing this or going off topic.
PS
thankyou all for your supportive comments. Really helps.
xxx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.