Harry and Meghan #33 When Needy met Greedy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About this Aunty, the case surely hinges on the fact that the famous five were integral in the debacle. How can they, as key witnesses, be anonymous? As a lay person I kind of can’t see how they can be kept private. It’s been made such a public issue it’s now in the public interest to know who we are dealing with. I’d love to be a fly on any of their walls 🦟

Like Ive said HWGA101 youre absolutely right. Its not in the public interest to keep evidence or its sources secret unless: its kids, state secrets or might prejudice other serious (ie criminal) proceedings. As I understand it Meghans arguments are based on their identity "young mothers not in the public eye" the court is hardly going to rule that no "young mother etc" who is a witness in proceedings can be named; and also speculation about what the Mail might do to them if they are allowed to name them which is not the kind of theoretical proposition courts like to take into account for obvious reasons.

Thats why I think, unless there is something we dont know, the Application seems misconceived and hopeless.

Worth their salt indeed!
I thought Meghan wanted their identities kept secret up until the point they had to give evidence, cos the mail/all media would doorstep them and their families, publish everything they could find out?
Which see my reply to HWGA101 would mean no witness against the Press could ever be named. It really seems hopeless but we dont know all the details.

Reactions: 13
Which see my reply to HWGA101 would mean no witness against the Press could ever be named. It really seems hopeless but we dont know all the details.
Perhaps she's still trying to persuade them to back up her version of events. They've no way of knowing if the mail have proof of who said what, and when. 😕

• Wow
Reactions: 13
The Princeling has no shame. What an absolute and complete insult to any other person who has worked above and beyond to receive that honour.
Well none of them, incl W work above and beyond anything. Also, point made somewhere here about H allowed have a beard in uniform. Always wondered why W was allowed a pilot's license with glasses? Most people get laser or don't get a license?

Reactions: 10
Perhaps she's still trying to persuade them to back up her version of events. They've no way of knowing if the mail have proof of who said what, and when. 😕
Its a version of events so fantastically unlikely that it is hard to imagine how it will survive the cross examination of five different witnesses: How and when did you get the letter or parts of it and from whom? Did you all go seperately or in a group or in dribs and drabs to the Magazine? Which of you had the idea first or did it appear miraculously in all your minds at once like the Holy Spirit? Did NONE of you think it might be an idea to check with the Special One first.....then the detail...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I do hope the Daily Mail has coughed up for a nice big box of Scooby Snax and a large bunch of celebratory balloons! This book has helped them with their case enormously.

Not to mention the "oops" moment when he tweeted and deleted his confirmation that she did, indeed want the "private" letter to go public.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Just to make it clear its quite common for Witnesses contact and personal details to be redacted for obvious reasons but whats being sought here is the protection of their identities ie names.

I do hope the Daily Mail has coughed up for a nice big box of Scooby Snax and a large bunch of celebratory balloons! This book has helped them with their case enormously.

Not to mention the "oops" moment when he tweeted and deleted his confirmation that she did, indeed want the "private" letter to go public.
Better still that she wrote it with the knowledge and arguably intention that it would be widely read.

PS Not that I have any sympathy, but you can see just why people operating at David Sherbournes level earn their money and often burn out in the process. He has been fighting for Johnny Depp all week, preparing the next days cross examination and submissions overnight; and tomorrow with less than 24 hours notice he has to take instructions from Meghan, prepare and then spend yet another very difficult day in court arguing with another Oxford Double-First who put simply wants to humiliate and kill him....
My first real job many years ago was at a big attorney's office and many of my colleagues from that period are still some of my closest friends. The reason why we are close are those long hours that we worked together, often late into the evenings or through the night prepping for a trial. And yes, all kinds of personal issues are pretty normal in those circumstances, burnout being just one of them. It would be interesting to see how big an invoice Meghan and Harry have racked up so far.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Latest in the soap opera. You couldn’t make this up...
Touché!

@pombear I am imagining one of your pics with Scoobie peering out from under the Harkle marital bed (f they do actually share one these days) or riding along in her designer handbag.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Thank you Aunty for the background insight - fascinating to think about just how awful this week might be for Megz. Couldn't happen to a nicer Duchess..🥴

Is it wrong that I'm feeling somewhat sorry for Mr Sherbourne....

Re Travalyst's Zoom meeting Global Summit on 30 July, they've just managed to stitch together an agenda:

Welcome
  • Moderator - Dr Sally Uren, Chief Executive Officer, Forum for the Future
Travalyst Partner Insights and Industry Resources
  • Marianne Gybels; Director of Global Sustainability, Booking.com
  • Jo McClintock; Global Brand Director and Charlotte Clancy; COVID-19 Response and Recovery Research Project Lead, Skyscanner
  • Fabrizio Orlando; Senior Manager Industry Relations, Global, Tripadvisor
  • Kate Xiong-Britton; UK General Manager, Trip.com Group
  • Stacy Pourfallah; Vice President Social Impact, Visa
Destination Spotlight - Scotland: How can a robust responsible travel and tourism strategy aid in the recovery of the sector?
  • Mark Tate; CEO of Cairngorms Business Partnership
  • Zakia Moulaoui; Founder, Invisible Cities
  • Malcolm Roughead OBE; CEO, VisitScotland
  • Chris Greenwood; Senior Tourism Insight Manager, VisitScotland
Listen and Learn: How to rebuild tourism for a more sustainable and balanced future?
  • Maria O’Connor; Head of PR & Storytelling, Good Hotel Group
  • Kyle Wiggins; Co-Founder & CEO, Keteka
  • Edwin Sabuhoro; Assistant Professor - Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Management, Penn State University and Founder, Rwanda Eco-Tours

But... but...... where is His Un-Royal Dukeness, you might ask?

• Haha
Re Travalyst's Zoom meeting Global Summit on 30 July, they've just managed to stitch together an agenda:

Welcome
  • Jo McClintock; Global Brand Director and Charlotte Clancy; COVID-19 Response and Recovery Research Project Lead, Skyscanner
Destination Spotlight - Scotland: How can a robust responsible travel and tourism strategy aid in the recovery of the sector?
Listen and Learn: How to rebuild tourism for a more sustainable and balanced future?
  • Edwin Sabuhoro; Assistant Professor - Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Management, Penn State University and Founder, Rwanda Eco-Tours

How precisely is this a charity?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Taz spoke about this. So she can fiddle with her hair, to show off the jeweller ( bracelets, earrings etc) she is merching.
Her hair pre RF was tidier.
Oh, wow, thank you! Greedy little, Grub, isn’t she? Always an ulterior motive with her.

Reactions: 19
It isnt. I dont think it was ever intended to be. It was probably set up to see if anyone noticed it wasnt a charity ...;) and to see what they could get away with.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm intrigued because I know all of you are easily smart enough to understand it if its not full of arcane gobblydegook which I do try very hard to avoid so please let me know what is not clear and I will try again. I'm not being funny it genuinely would help me. I might write something about this case...

Mind you my second paragraph is a bit glutinous:

Basically the Judge has made a decision in writing about whether or not the Five Witnesses can be named. Tomorrow the losing party will have to decide whether to try and get permission to Appeal the decision; and both parties will argue the toss about what it means in practice and who pays for all these expensive Applications. Usually the loser pays the winner.
yep, perfect! I got all that. I do however love a bullet point as I find paragraphs longer than 2 sentences tedious as I like to read fast; hence:

• the Judge has made a decision in writing about whether or not the Five Witnesses can be named

• the losing party will have to decide whether to try and get permission to Appeal the decision

• both parties will argue who pays for all these expensive Applications.
( Usually the loser pays the winner.)​

Reactions: 21
Thank you Aunty for the background insight - fascinating to think about just how awful this week might be for Megz. Couldn't happen to a nicer Duchess..🥴

Is it wrong that I'm feeling somewhat sorry for Mr Sherbourne....

Welcome

That just reads like one of those long qvc advertorials.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm imagining the session where they hastily glued together the agenda.

How precisely is this a charity? Errr. I've got a great ice-breaker with two straws and a ping pong ball, how about that instead?

What happened to the Disney money? Umm. Tell you what, let's avoid the financials this time, shall we?

How to choose your eco-friendly Private Jet Great suggestion Your Royal Highness but think we might not have enough time

Sustainable Sofa-Surfing in Other People's MegaMansions Dammit, has the Duchess found our new email address? Can we change it again?

We need to sound worthy and diligent to get the Daily Fail off our backs. No private jets, luxury villas, spa breaks, rejuvenation therapy, £1,500 per night tented safari camps... Any suggestions?

Perfect.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.