Harry and Meghan #308 Her concern is very gentle because the husband might be mental

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes they do. They attended Queen Elizabeth's coronation.....

Interesting, it seems like no reigning monarchs attended. They sent representatives:

1675022550395.png

But there was a Queen and these guys from British protectorates

1675022490786.png

Thank you for your two posts explaining, and I understand that you're voicing your opinion. It's all very complex isn't it and it's hard to see the wood for the trees. Please keep posting!

The expansion of the CoS list to include Catherine etc. was a fudge by KC to widen the pool to avoid Andrew and the Stoat being called upon. However they are still Counsellors of State and the Stoat is still domiciled in the UK - providing he's getting a renewed lease on Frogmore in March. KC did not want to upset the Stoat. PA and Stoat still hold the privileges, protection and duties of CoS as they have not been stripped of these titles. Please correct me if this is wrong.

As I understand it the Regency is decided by the LoS, not who is a CoS or most suitable, and Catherine was made a CoS for cosmetic purposes PR only. KC was praised for this move but it was an empty gesture, and I suspect that against all odds it was aimed at PA rather than the Stoat but I could be wrong.

It would be the Stoat as Regent if Charles and William were out of the picture. The Ho would be at his side and no way would they relinquish the position of protocol allowing Stoat to be Regent for George until he is 18. If this is the situation that would unfold, there would be a constitutional crisis with a crazy drug-addict as Regent with a toxic Call-girl at his side. All because of RF inaction and cowardice.

Tin hat on here triple foil but under cover of the increased security risk deliberately engineered by the Stoat, could they be planning something?

The RF seem to be sleepwalking, and have been since 2016 with these two. That's a long time, and I really wonder what they are playing at. They've been warned and warned but are still fussing over minutiae and polishing their public images.

That's interesting/ironic about the changes being suggested. Megsy thought that she coudl somehow be promoted or voted into the throne, ahead/instead of Will and Kate or even possibly chuck and Cams. She thought that by presenting herself as "whipsmart" 5am emails + hit the ground running hard working, "I don't need advisors" a natural... that Brenda would say " say.... you're pretty fab, compared to everyone else. duck it, I'm going to promote you to next in line. Now go talk to HR about housing".
If only that harpy had just STOPPED and LOOKED and LISTENED, she could have possibly, gently, ever-so-maybe wont the respect and trust and admiration of the RF et al.... and maybe moved that aircraft carrier 10 degrees in her favour. As it stands - she won't be able to get a job much less a visa into the UK or any Commonwealth country.
Skank

Its possibly another confusion.
Philip was Counsellor as Spouse of a reigning Monarch.
Camilla became Counsellor as Spouse of a reigning Monarch. (Charles)
Kate will become Counsellor as Spouse of a reigning Monarch.(William)

So the person is wanting a modification, in favor of something that will anyway constitutionaly happen.
Maybe it will, or its just another proposal which came without neccesary background research, that gets rejected in Parliament.

Its also a thing of Royal Prerogrative, so the Kate as Regent is more important than Kate as Counsellor before William is King.
If something happens to him her having Regent is more important, the counsellor can be spun.

There are 5 robes, lots of ceremony, and it was always varied ,when/how/if crowned heads attend a coronation, so its all in Charles hands.

I found the clip. It just shows that we aren't the only ones thinking about this. Nothing else, really.

Reactions: 33
Here I am again...... Is it the case that the Stoat would be Regent if Charles and William weren't here any more, as the Stoat is next in the LoS? I understood that was the case, and CoS was something completely different. Are you saying that Catherine could be made Regent for George? She'd obviously be the best person for the role, sensible and his mum. Could it be arranged that she could be Regent by changing the rules in advance just in case, is this what you mean? That would involve cutting out the Stoat......
The analogy is that Kate could be made Regent because Philip was.
The problems:
Kate was never in LoS.
Kate is not married to a reigning Monarch, in this case a Guardianship over George would be possible.
The Regent part, would probably require a modification approved by all realms, like the Succesion Act 2013, which is a can of worms.
If she was Regent, the question of ''Council of Regency'' would also be there, and thats another-Harry potential.
It was all possible with a spin-the latest after the ''review'' year when they left.
Now it all looks like retaliation.
So, Charles would have to (right now) make Kate Regent.
CoS is tehnically a temporary Regent , with/without some powers, in absence/ or temporary illness of the monarch vs Regent the complete incapacity of a Monarch, while the next one is minor, or because mental incapacity but alive of the reigning Monarch.
However CoS is part of the Regency Act.
Philips ceased when Charles reached 18 so a temporary amendment .
Theres nothing that can not be done, the Queen aced ''my wish'' usage of prerogratives, so did Charles.
Just the events with the Mountbatten-Windsor game, Philips Princely title... are illustrating what is possible without the constitutional modifications.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The British government is sending the invites as it's paid with public money (it's more of a diplomatic event than a wedding would be)
The government needs to read the mood of the nation and not invite the Harkles. I've got a right bee in my bonnet about this today.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Sun Newspaper, three books then. The Stoat, the Ho and VG all possibly before the Coronation.

"Earlier this month The Sun revealed that senior family figures are afraid to speak to Harry because what they say could “end up in paperback”.
Meanwhile, the firm is bracing for Meghan Markle to release her own memoir
And this morning it was reported that Virgina Giuffre, the woman who accused Prince Andrew of sexual abuse, could release a memoir just before the King is crowned."

Thanks @LadyMuck 😘
The outcome of all this is that we can't believe a word put out by the media, only what is officially put out by the Palace. There is lots of gossip, Palace sources leaking, where are these leaks coming from?

B/W said that unless a person gives her a name and where they got the information, she can't trust it. First-hand accounts yes, not second or third hand.
She's very concerned about Welby brokering peace between William and the Stoat, and that the Stoat will not have his titles removed and will be given high-status seating at the Coronation.
Below is from a trusted source
B/W is not sure if this Welby report is true, but it has an element of truth in it. Not impossible as better than an approach from a courtier. She has no doubt at all that KC wants both his sons to be there.

It is 100% true that the family is VERY divided about this. What bothers her source is that in all the conversations the source witnessed there was no consideration given to what the public want or expect. A Coronation is a State function not a family matter, and public opinion should take priority.

The source is concerned about fluctuating public opinion on the Monarchy. After HM died there was a surge in support but 6 months later has shown a sharp decline. The Monarchy will survive but with fewer in favour, and has not been this vulnerable for 100 years.

KC needs to pay attention to public opinion. William has a better and less emotional grasp of issues facing the Monarchy, and needs to be given free rein. Instead nearly everything he suggests is vetoed because KC wants to manage every aspect.

PA should be allowed to clear his name if he can.
If KC doesn't want to remove the Stoat titles, he should cut them loose and let them get on with it. There is no accountability or consequences, and there's too much talk and not enough action.
Another Stoat book? Are the RF being blackmailed? BookWorm's source says the Stoat has nothing to blackmail the RF with.
(I disagree with this last sentence).
(The Stoats have contributed to loss of faith in the press, as well as all the other damage they have caused).

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Thanks for sharing the article.
It was a very interesting read. I truly believe surrogacy is a wonderful thing for people unable to conceive however when I read about a celebrity ''welcoming a baby via surrogate" it makes me uncomfortable for some reason.
I totally agree with you, it's a beautiful thing when done for the sake of, for instance, someone close to you who is genuinely unable to conceive or carry a child naturally. It's incredibly selfless and I deeply admire any woman who can bring themselves to do it. However, the moment money (beyond paying their medical bills etc) enters the equation it really inevitably alters the power dynamic between surrogate and client/couple.
The poorer/more desperate the surrogate and the richer the client, the bigger this inevitable power differential gets.

Despite the advances of modern medicine, there are still certain health risks inherent to carrying a baby to term, and the surrogate is taking these on alone. It's easy to imagine how simply paying another woman to carry your child for you is a way for the ultra rich to sidestep all of the icky/ inconvenient parts of childbearing by outsourcing them to the less fortunate. I'm very uncomfortable with much of commercial surrogacy myself for the same reasons, I think it's a very dangerous area in which to create a capitalist profit incentive.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
A Conundrum -

So if “ will they / won’t they “ has started in January, …..to be swiftly followed by ‘ olive branch’ in February…..and the Coronation is in May ….
what date is ‘ arguing over the uniform ‘ scheduled for ???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
This is a different slant, and highly improbable that Anne would go and see him? But could the Stoat be using the guest commentator offer as leverage, which would explain why KC is trying to "entice" him to the Coronation? Worried he'll be guest commentator and cock up the Coronation? This is a real possibility, or at least the threat is. It would be a disaster.

From Now Royals, Australian
".....Charles has been waiting for this day for three-quarters of a century and is desperate for everything to go off without a hitch.
The King is said to be deploying his sister Anne to deal with his wayward son following whispers Harry has coronation plans of his own.
Last week, reports emerged that US TV networks CBS and NBC are throwing cash at the prince to be a special guest in their coverage of the coronation, something Charles urgently wants stopped.

"If the reports are true that the Sussexes are banned from the balcony, on top of the fact that they are still stinging over the way the coronation was planned on Archie's birthday, Harry's famous 'red mist' will be in full flight," quips a source, who admits there's every chance he is considering a media role for the coronation because it could make him millions and it's also a chance to overshadow his father's entire event."
Given the circumstances, royal sleuths reveal Charles has decided it's time to dispatch Anne to assist with Harry."
"Harry's impossible to get on the phone, so Charles is asking her to go and see him urgently. He believes Anne is the only one who can talk some sense into him."

ETA what's that little blue square in the middle? I can't get rid of it. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.