Harry and Meghan #298 The half price Prince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meg told us a bit about her life, about growing up in Los Angeles, about her struggles to become an actress, doing quick changes between auditions in her rundown SUV on which the doors didn’t always work. She was forced to enter through the boot. She talked about her growing portfolio as an entrepreneur, her lifestyle website, which had tens of thousands of readers. In her free time she did philanthropic work—she was especially fierce about women’s issues. I was fascinated, hanging on every word, while in the background I heard a faint drumbeat: She’s perfect, she’s perfect, she’s perfect.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
Thank you Cosmo girl for starting the thread and congratulations thenorthremembers on the title.

Isn't the crawling through the boot crap. She plaguerised it from another actress. Her father had bought her a new car, it's in that video where she goes to that music video audition.

I am still about 4 threads behind. ☹

Reactions: 25
I STOOD AT THE ALTAR, smoothed the front of my Household Cavalry uniform, watched Meg floating towards me. I’d worked hard to choose the right music for her procession, and ultimately I’d landed on Handel’s Eternal Source of Light Divine. Now, as the soloist’s voice rang out above our heads, I thought I’d chosen well. Indeed, as Meg came nearer and nearer, I was giving thanks for all my choices.
Amazing that I could even hear the music over the sound of my own heartbeat as Meg stepped up, took my hand.
The present dissolved, the past came rushing back. Our first tentative messages on Instagram. Our first meeting at Soho House. Our first trip to Botswana. Our first excited exchanges after my phone went into the river. Our first roast chicken. Our first flights back and forth across the Atlantic. The first time I told her: I love you. Hearing her say it back. Guy in splints. Steve the grumpy swan. The brutal fight to keep her safe from the press. And now here we were, the finishing line. The starting line. For the last few months, not much had gone according to plan. But I reminded myself that none of that was the plan. This was the plan. This. Love. I shot a glance at Pa, who’d walked Meg down the last part of the aisle. Not her father, but special just the same, and she was moved. It didn’t make up for her father’s behavior, for how the press had used him, but it very much helped.
Aunt Jane stood and gave a reading in honor of Mummy. Song of Solomon. Meg and I chose it.
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away…

Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm;
For love is strong as death, passion fierce as the grave…
Strong as death. Fierce as the grave. Yes, I thought. Yes. I saw the archbishop extend the rings, his hands shaking. I’d forgotten, but he clearly hadn’t: twelve cameras pointed at us, two billion people watching on TV, photographers in the rafters, massive crowds outside roistering and cheering. We exchanged the rings, Meg’s made from the same hunk of Welsh gold that had provided Kate’s. Granny had told me that this was nearly the last of it. Last of the gold. That was how I felt about Meg. The archbishop reached the official part, spoke the few words that made us The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, titles bestowed by Granny, and he joined us until death parted us, though he’d already done similar days earlier, in our garden, a small ceremony, just the two of us, Guy and Pula the only witnesses. Unofficial, non-binding, except in our souls.
We were grateful for every person in and around St. George’s, and watching on TV, but our love began in private, and being public had been mostly pain, so we wanted the first consecration of our love, the first vows, to be private as well. Magical as the formal ceremony was, we’d both come to feel slightly frightened of…crowds. Underscoring this feeling: The first thing we saw upon walking back up the aisle and out of the church, other than a stream of smiling faces, were snipers. On the rooftops, amid the bunting, behind the waterfalls of streamers.
Police told me it was unusual, but necessary. Due to the unprecedented number of threats they were picking up.

Misinformation

From Google:

What is the most watched royal wedding ever?

On April 29, 2011, Prince William and Kate Middleton were married in an extravagant royal wedding at Westminster Abbey. It was watched by an estimated two billion people around the world, making it the most-watched event in history. 28 Jan 2022

According to the source, almost 23.7 million households watched the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in May 2018, amounting to a total of 29.19 million viewers.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Hang on a minute. I thought he'd proposed in the kitchen while she cooked roast chicken. Well that's what they told the world when interviewed after/about the engagement.
That was the engagement that happened three days before the actual engagement

• Haha
Reactions: 43
MEG AND I WENT DOWN to the beach in front of the castle. Chilly day, but the sun was bright. We stood on the rocks, looking out at the sea. Amid all the silky islands of seaweed we saw…something.
A head. A pair of soulful eyes. Look! Seal! The head bobbed up and down. The eyes very clearly watched us. Look! Another!
Just as Pa instructed, I ran to the water’s edge, sang to them. Serenaded them. Arooo. No answer.
Meg joined me, and sang to them, and now of course they sang back. She really is magic, I thought. Even the seals know it. Suddenly, all over the water, heads were bobbing up, singing to her. Arooo. A seal opera. Silly superstition, maybe, but I didn’t care. I counted it a good omen. I took off my clothes, jumped into the water, swam to them.

Prince Harry,

• Haha
  • Sick
Also, we all scoured the Internet for any prison record for Doria and no doubt the tabloids did too, and nobody came up with anything, so I'm still not sold on that one.
Sorry if already said, but maybe she had a deal to seal or expunge record? Like, if she turned on someone bigger in the dealer world maybe.

Reactions: 19
That's why I hope it isn't true. The fallout would be horrific all round. And way, way worse than Andrew. Which was damaging enough.

Fingers crossed the alleged big story people have alluded to is about something else entirely.
I don't believe that . No one could keep that quiet nowadays from the authorities, Police, NHS, no matter who they were.
I think it's something else they are alluding to, they are just being outrageous in the statements in order to push it & hope for news forthcoming

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Also, we all scoured the Internet for any prison record for Doria and no doubt the tabloids did too, and nobody came up with anything, so I'm still not sold on that one.
Another possibility would be witness protection-- she was a drug dealer and testified for the state, then had to go into hiding for a while. Now that wouldn't explain them not having to hide Meghan as well since she was a child at the time, but it's something other than imprisonment and the records might not be readily available. As for other possibilities I couldn't begin to guess.

Reactions: 22
MEG WAS LATE. We bought two home pregnancy tests, one for a backup, and she took them both into the bathroom at Nott Cott.
I was lying on our bed, and while waiting for her to come out…I fell asleep.
When I woke, she was beside me. What’s happened? Is it…? She said she hadn’t looked. She’d waited for me.
The wands were on the nightstand. I only kept a few things there, among them the blue box with my mother’s hair.
Right, I thought, good.
Let’s see what Mummy can do with this situation. I reached for the wands, peered into their little windows. Blue. Bright, bright blue. Both of them. Blue meant…baby.
Oh wow. Well. Well then. We hugged, kissed. I put the wands back on the nightstand.
I thought: Thank you, selkies. I thought: Thank you, Mummy

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Yeah I know you have done this already but...

what's this obsession with his meat and 2 veg?
He had testicular hernia in 1988, I'm not sure it's 2 veg.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Oh my! 31 pages already. My eyes can't take anymore of the absolute sickening bile that he wrote (thankyou @Anna2020 🤗)

I am feeling that "their" truth is now changing with the tide. This book is being used to rewrite history & give a "new version" of their truth.
Things Smeg has been accused of are being rewritten with validation, explanation or even misdirected to others. Tell me she didn't write this 🤔

He has definitely shown his jealousy & immaturity & bloody ignorance. I was floored by the tunnel comment - even if tit-faced he wouldn't have had a problem navigating the tunnel. what a moronic thing to say.

And to add to the "birth" - so the head was out far enough to see the cord around the neck and he had to encourage her to push frantically and not worry her about the impending C-section? If the head was out you wouldn't shove it back up for a section 😲

You couldn't make it up could you 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 36
even turning down a very dreamy bike trip through the lavender fields of southern France…

🤮
Wouldn't every gal turn down a dreamy bike trip for the chance to tit in the bush in Botswana and snare herself a pervy Prince?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
DAYS LATER THE pregnancy was announced publicly. The papers reported that Meg was battling fatigue and dizzy spells and couldn’t hold any food down, especially in the mornings, all of which was untrue. She was tired, but otherwise a dynamo. Indeed, she felt lucky not to be suffering severe morning sickness, since we were embarking on a hugely demanding tour.
Everywhere we went, enormous crowds turned out, and she didn’t disappoint them. All across Australia, Tonga, Fiji, New Zealand, she dazzled.
After one especially rousing speech, she got a standing ovation. She was so brilliant that midway through the tour I felt compelled…to warn her. You’re doing too well, my love. Too damn well. You’re making it look too easy. This is how everything started…with my mother.
Maybe I sounded mad, paranoid. But everyone knew that Mummy’s situation went from bad to worse when she showed the world, showed the family, that she was better at touring, better at connecting with people, better at being “royal,” than she had any right to be. That was when things really took a turn. We returned home to jubilant welcomes and exultant headlines. Meg, the expectant mother, the flawless representative of the Crown, was hailed. Not a negative word was written. It’s changed, we said. It’s changed at last. But then it changed again. Oh, how it changed.

• Haha
  • Sick
After he delivered their daughter and Meg told him she’d never loved him more and also wrote a poem..
She also wrote that paragraph. How much of this book is her?

This is ridiculous. He certainly is spare - but not to his brother anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Kate, done up to the nines!! What a load of guff! Was she wearing a fricking ball gown? She always nails casual
Omg I can’t actually believe the things he’s writing he’s actually deluded the ghost writer was really enjoying all this he’s making Kate and William out to be old fashioned fuddy duddys

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Heavens forbid if the worst happened and Harry was now next in line after King Charles. What would Harry’s speech entail if he every became monarch…if his book can do this much damage SOS Lord!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Any word on whether the flood God sent in his wrath managed to wipe up the cuntatorium at Montecito?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.