Harry and meghan #285 Hark the Harry Markles Sing.Glory to the Netflux Ching

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just popped over to read the other thread and am staggered that they think W and C are lazy!

Do they not realise that as well as having royal duties, they have three children? And stuff doesn't just happen. All events they attend need planning well in advance to ensure their diaries allow. They need to select which form of transport to use, how to get there, what to wear, take into consideration how long it takes to get ready, hair makeup, travel time, etc.

Whilst they both have a team of people helping them to ensure everything runs smoothly, they will also need to brush up on any research required for their visits. Yes, I am aware they will have courtiers doing this for them, but they also need to be involved too, to have their say, make any changes they want, learn their role - and carry it out impeccably.

They also need to know when they will be accompanied by their children, what they will wear, who will get them ready, how long that will take, etc.

Then there will be last minute amendments to their diaries, and they will have to decide what to do, which events to still attend or gently let down others, and arrange for different royals to take their place. Decisions which are diplomatic and sometimes difficult to make.

One example - tonight's Carol Service. It didn't just happen. Catherine will have attended many meetings with her courtiers and planners to ensure every last arrangement was thoroughly organised. She will have rehearsed her speech and piano piece, as well as gone through guest appearances that are included.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
Thank you for your kind words. I used cutting dies (I am rubbish at cutting out). I put sparkle on the trees round the edges. The sloth stamps came with cutting dies so that made my life easier lol. I used coloured pencils to colour them in.

I used to have a very micro card making business a few years ago but don't make many these days. I really enjoyed doing these, it was really fun and I know the boys will love them.

You're welcome!
I'm really amazed. Even die cutting isn't as simple as they make it sound.

I wanted to try one of those combo sets but they're all so expensive here! I didn't even buy a machine even though we have cheaper though smaller versions available now because of space issues. But now I know who to come for guidance when I'm buying one!

Definitely the boys will love these! They're made with so much love and joy! Bless them and you! 🤗♥

Happy New Christmas Thread! 🎁

Tessa Dunlop, one-time historian now aiming for Shouty Shola's position, has discovered tiktok and recommend people follow her there. (Although I love my history, I've never bought any of her books, could never explain why, but something always stopped me. Now I understand myself!)
The comments suggest no one is very interested in doing so.
Why take such pot-shots at the lads? They've all been polite to her as far as I know...
PS: Tom Bowers? Ha!

Did she get the news about Orkut? And Yahoo Answers? And Internet Explorer? Must break it to her slowly, apparently.

Smegsy and her supporters SMH.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Do you know what Cinny, I look at it a bit differently. To me it seems like KC has removed PA office as he's making it clear to everyone that any nonsense will not be tolerated. So he needs to do similarly with his wayward son too.

However, IMO it looks like he's separating "work" from family gatherings, and supporting him by continuing to invite him to events behind closed doors; and to that end he's allowing Fergie to also join them. She was, after all, popular with some of the family, is still living quietly with Andrew, and will always be the mother of their girls.

So I'm all for his decision to exclude him from anything work related, but still recognise him as his brother thereby including him in family gatherings. I'm sure Anne and Edward will have been consulted about this.
Yes Happy Lady you could well be right, apart from the fact that I can't see that PA is creating any "nonsense" at all. Unless I'm missing something, what I meant was that P.A. is no threat to the RF, he has been neutralized already but is still being cut down further, gratuitously. What does removing his office achieve? He is the Queen's son but has no right to an office? He's the Duke of York still. He's obviously had this "office" for a long time, and as far as I can see it's not exactly been a hotbed of insurrection against KC or P.A. demanding to be reinstated.

On the other hand, the Stoats are a huge threat to the Monarchy but Chuck has done nothing whatsoever to neutralise them. All the "nonsense" is coming only from them and not Andrew and we never hear from him. So to me so far this stinks unless there's more we don't know and PA is a threat. Can't see it though.

As you say "KC needs to do similarly with his wayward son". But I don't think he will, and think this focus on the already emasculated PA is PR deflection to draw attention away from C's indulgence of the Stoats and make him look strong. Nil points.

Separating family dinners from removing PA's office is splitting hairs as the man who PA is has been totally cut down by his brother. At dinner and in his office. What shreds are left? Supporting him behind closed doors by inviting his ex to lunch? Imo that is worse than nothing. Walking to Church is a "family gathering" but he's been banned.

Seems he's supposed to be hidden like a leper, and I bet Anne and Edward aren't happy about this. The Queen would be livid or in tears. It Stinks, and though PA is awful this is all wrong. No office. He can set one up somewhere else but that was his BP office where his mother was. I'm not listening to the speech, not interested in his platitudes until he sorts himself out and gets his priorities right. Which he won't.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
I don't even understand why PA required an office at all. 🙄. Not sure what he does any more, other than try to stay in hiding. 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Just popped over to read the other thread and am staggered that they think W and C are lazy!

Do they not realise that as well as having royal duties, they have two children? And stuff doesn't just happen. All events they attend need planning well in advance to ensure their diaries allow. They need to select which form of transport to use, how to get there, what to wear, take into consideration how long it takes to get ready, hair makeup, travel time, etc.

Whilst they both have a team of people helping them to ensure everything runs smoothly, they will also need to brush up on any research required for their visits. Yes, I am aware they will have courtiers doing this for them, but they also need to be involved too, to have their say, make any changes they want, learn their role - and carry it out impeccably.

They also need to know when they will be accompanied by their children, what they will wear, who will get them ready, how long that will take, etc.

Then there will be last minute amendments to their diaries, and they will have to decide what to do, which events to still attend or gently let down others, and arrange for different royals to take their place. Decisions which are diplomatic and sometimes difficult to make.

One example - tonight's Carol Service. It didn't just happen. Catherine will have attended many meetings with her courtiers and planners to ensure every last arrangement was thoroughly organised. She will have rehearsed her speech and piano piece, as well as gone through guest appearances that are included.
W&C are being hampered by the engagements tally. They clearly decided long ago that they wanted their royal work to achieve genuine change. Rather than just opening hospital wings and planting trees, they work on huge campaigns. They’ve set up things like Shout that really fill a hole of need. But stuff like that takes months or even years of planning and massive amounts of work to get it to the stage where you launch it to the public. We need both kinds of royal work - highlighting great charities and honouring the efforts of compassionate citizens but also using their platform to effect real improvements in the lives of our most disadvantaged. The engagements tally makes them look lazy, which I don’t think they are, and I guess is exactly why the RF were never very keen on the guy counting up the court circular in the first place!

It’s why the Narcles have utterly failed to emulate the Royal Foundation or rather the Obamas and achieve anything at all of use to the world beyond vacuous PR stunts. They seem to have the attention span of gnats and don’t put the time and graft into any of their projects. She couldn’t even be bothered to do some real research to be able to generate useful or interesting discussion on her podcasts. They don’t have a hope of ever creating something as impressive as Earthshot!

• Heart
Reactions: 65
This film really showcases Pegs talents.
🍆 😵 Her knees must be killing her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Happy Christmas Tattlers (and lurkers, but not Meghan and Harry and Bouzy, and Omid).

42106C20-7298-42EF-B97A-5ABF46254F96.jpeg

Original artwork (minus Santa hat) belongs to Ada Ngozi Fulani Shufflebotham on Twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Merry Christmas to all you wonderful Tattlers (and thanks to @Cassandra333 and @Pippa M for the new fred and great title)

it has been a rollercoaster of a year concerning the Calicunts but I wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere else except amongst so many funny, talented and great people. Thank you for the laughs everyone and continuing to keep the hope alive that one day we will all rejoice when we see them get their comeuppance. Have a wonderful family filled Christmas time wherever you are celebrating.

Can I second that Carpe as I couldn't have put it better? This thread has been a goldmine of support, encouragement and advice for Tattlers as well as a goldmine of wit, wisdom, Sark, memes, cartoons, poems and press articles. No nastiness, all views tolerated and examined and given a fair hearing. I'd have been lost without you all, seriously, and have wondered how you can actually be fond of people you've never met and never will? From photos coming in we're spread all over the world. What an achievement.
Happy Christmas however you celebrate it, with much love and many thanks. 🥰 🥰 ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Do they not realise that as well as having royal duties, they have three children? And stuff doesn't just happen. All events they attend need planning well in advance to ensure their diaries allow. They need to select which form of transport to use, how to get there, what to wear, take into consideration how long it takes to get ready, hair makeup, travel time, etc.

I wouldn't want their life (although 1% of their money would be nice) lots of privilege but endless scrutiny from start to finish. I don't think for a minute that their life is one long grind but I think they do a decent job and their workload has increased since the Queen died. They seem to have a good work ethic and I believe they genuinely care about what they do.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Do you know what Cinny, I look at it a bit differently. To me it seems like KC has removed PA office as he's making it clear to everyone that any nonsense will not be tolerated. So he needs to do similarly with his wayward son too.

However, IMO it looks like he's separating "work" from family gatherings, and supporting him by continuing to invite him to events behind closed doors; and to that end he's allowing Fergie to also join them. She was, after all, popular with some of the family, is still living quietly with Andrew, and will always be the mother of their girls.

So I'm all for his decision to exclude him from anything work related, but still recognise him as his brother thereby including him in family gatherings. I'm sure Anne and Edward will have been consulted about this.
I agree with this - the demarcation between working family and much loved family is being made much clearer - at all levels. He has to deal with PA before the overseas because then its not racist and also no one can say what about A when he does the same to the overseas.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
From The Mirror, have we heard this already? Think we have.
Very expensive at 3 million.

"King Charles has risked further infuriating his younger son after it merged the monarch is likely to pay for Prince Andrew’s private security - a move not afforded to Harry and Meghan.
The Duke of York will lose the privilege of protection from the Met Police which is paid for by the public as he does not perform royal duties.
Instead private security will take over the disgraced prince’s protection at a cost of around £3 million a year which is believed to be paid for by the monarch, the Telegraph reported.
However the move is sure to anger the Duke of Sussex, who lost his taxpayer-funded police security when the couple stepped back from royal duties in 2020."

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I wouldn't want their life (although 1% of their money would be nice) lots of privilege but endless scrutiny from start to finish. I don't think for a minute that their life is one long grind but I think they do a decent job and their workload has increased since the Queen died. They seem to have a good work ethic and I believe they genuinely care about what they do.
True...

And I can't play the piano.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Has Lady C said anything about Bouzy yet? Did I miss it?

Also all the lovely messages on this thread is so heart warming. Thank you all for posting them and right back atcha :D

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Has Lady C said anything about Bouzy yet? Did I miss it?

Also all the lovely messages on this thread is so heart warming. Thank you all for posting them and right back atcha :D
Listening now...

In other news, ten minutes ago the Quality Street was opened...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I agree with this - the demarcation between working family and much loved family is being made much clearer - at all levels. He has to deal with PA before the overseas because then its not racist and also no one can say what about A when he does the same to the overseas.
What a wonderful Christmas present for all of us to read he has " dealt with " the Overseas as well as A.

Reactions: 23
From Daily Star. The Ho has set up domains in the past that we know about re. Lil, and this could be her doing. Also a comment that if the Ho did run for politics these domains would be worth money.

"As the fallout from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ’s bombshell Netflix series, Harry and Meghan, continues several political URLs have been registered relating to a potential political run by the Duchess.
The domains markleforcongress.com and markleforsenate.com (as well as nomarkleforcongress.com and nomarkleforsenate.com), have already been registered by an unidentified person.
Interestingly, it is not known whether the person who bought these domains is Markle or someone connected to her."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
From Daily Star. The Ho has set up domains in the past that we know about re. Lil, and this could be her doing. Also a comment that if the Ho did run for politics these domains would be worth money.

"As the fallout from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ’s bombshell Netflix series, Harry and Meghan, continues several political URLs have been registered relating to a potential political run by the Duchess.
The domains markleforcongress.com and markleforsenate.com (as well as nomarkleforcongress.com and nomarkleforsenate.com), have already been registered by an unidentified person.
Interestingly, it is not known whether the person who bought these domains is Markle or someone connected to her."

The ones she'd registered before were linked back to her manager or something - same guy was involved in the Montecito property and other things, IIRC. I don't remember if she or her sugars were defending the domains as her protecting her children (???!).

Or maybe this time someone did it so she'd have to pay them for the domain names. That would be fun!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
From The Mirror, have we heard this already? Think we have.
Very expensive at 3 million.

"King Charles has risked further infuriating his younger son after it merged the monarch is likely to pay for Prince Andrew’s private security - a move not afforded to Harry and Meghan.
The Duke of York will lose the privilege of protection from the Met Police which is paid for by the public as he does not perform royal duties.
Instead private security will take over the disgraced prince’s protection at a cost of around £3 million a year which is believed to be paid for by the monarch, the Telegraph reported.
However the move is sure to anger the Duke of Sussex, who lost his taxpayer-funded police security when the couple stepped back from royal duties in 2020."
KCIII can’t and won’t offer the same to Sparry because any money he gives now opens the door to her being able to involve royal financing in the divorce. There won’t be a penny coming H’s way until the decree absolute is issued. That way the only money she can go after is his, most of which she’s apparently already spent! 🤣

Also if some nutter with a gun attacked them (100 times more likely in the US than UK) and KCIII funded security failed to do everything right, it would promptly be spun as his fault somehow!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.