Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Poppea

VIP Member
I just had the most disturbing thought. Disturbing because I don't think it is healthy to wonder about it, you know.

I was thinking: What will PH do on Independance Day? I mean, he can't celebrate, can he? Or does he celebrate because he 'found freedom'? Will there be a big party? The kind of lavish party they can afford? Like them all sitting in a booth in a burger joint wearing little America hats and eating happy meals?

Am I loosing my mind? ;)

It’s not the Palace saying it. It’s not the Queen saying it. It’s the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust. Her Maj is only the patron, and has no direct input.

Still curious as to why it’s disheartening, Mo5.
Ah, ok. Didn't know this! Thank you!

Reactions: 6

Diva18

One of the comments, well-expressed İ thought........

how the hell did this happen? seriously, this was the couple who 2 years ago we all championed, Meghan was seen as a fresh touch to the british royal family, and it's come to this. All the dashing to different countries, the whining about drones, when you live in such an open space, the leaving of canada, which they should have stayed in. they could have had it all, but what are they chasing. and we all know harry would have struggled with this decision. most of us we get older have a crash course in how the world is. we are the people who look at our paycheck, and have to factor in after bills what is left and how can we survive and thrive with it. we are the ones who have to save like mad for holidays, and nice clothes and find ways to have both. i doubt that harry has ever brought anything in a sale! real life, has caught up with the pair and it still is. Say they go to new york and want to join the upper class of the new york society, the Rockerfellas, Bloombergs and Vanderbilts and the like, the ones with money who have made it happen. the only thing is, these familes, came from nothing and made it happen, through hard work and investments and the like and engaged in philanthrophy. there money earned is respected now look at harry and Megan in comparision, Meghan worked in the media industry and earned her money, that is true but harry was born to wealth and privlidge, and though a prince, has never had to work at it. what do these have in common, nothing. If they want to join the upper tier of New York society, i doubt that will happen, because they've done nothing to earn it. but they are chasing a dream, which from the outside looks doomed to fail, but they can't fail, because the stakes are too high. the sad fact of the matter is, this couple, who we chanpioned and wanted to be happy, have blamed others for their failures, have blamed the media for pushing them out (as if the media haven't said worse about the rest of the royal family, let's not forget the gutter press were insulting diana days before her passing, because she had the audicity to date someone who was muslim, and people were concerned that the step father to the future king of england, could be) and i wish i was making that up! they wanted it all, and the could have had it, but the reality doesn't match with the dream, because i think they thought they would go to the states and have every door opned, roll out the red carpet. however America is a fantastic country, who had a war to get rid of the royal family for a reason, because hard work is more important than a title, and those doors they want opened for them, never will be reality really does bite doesn't it And they did this for Archie's protection, of course they have to protect their son, he's a baby. but he wasn't protected at Frogmore in Windsor Castle or Kensington Palace grounds? I've been to Kensington Park and Windsor loads of times, there is security, of couse, but it's a place that offers a lot of protection. and they wanted to leave. i mean how often do you hear of people breaking into Windsor Castle?
or gatecrashing a 21st birthday 👀 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-12853390/2003-william-s-birthday-disrupted-by-intruder

• Wow

Waterfountain

Chatty Member
Actually was wondering if the US contingent know how much freedom LA has yet
like free to go shopping, surfing, beach etc
just wondering how they are filling their days
i bet it’s not shagging either

PennyCrayon

VIP Member
❤ That's one reason why I felt quite strongly about how Meghan has turned out to be in her role, in all seriousness aside from the gossip and scandal etc. that everyone does enjoy chatting about, she was actually given such a privileged platform that she could have used to represent her own community in a way that nobody else has had the opportunity to. How can she throw that away for self-aggrandizing, indulgent, celebrity photo-op trashy melodrama, encouraged by her stupid spoilt bitter husband?

My SIL and my older niece in the US were excited when M&H were married because there was actually someone up there getting married to a Prince with a lot of public love and excitement, that mirrored them - and how you just don't have to be stereotyped or pigeonholed into society. Of course they saw how quickly it all fell away and the whole celebrity drama of it all that Meghan was actually thriving on rather than use her position positively.

My daughter was talking today about Kate and Meghan, she likes them both of course as they're English and American, just like her. And even though there are of course great role models in other walks of life - of course I wouldn't usually go to the RF for a role model - it would have been a positive step to have had another representing on that world stage.

Eta. School children learnt about Harry and Meghan getting married, came home with paper crowns they'd made, pictures of them, stories they'd written about their wedding etc. so they have actively been taught quite prominently for a young generation.
Out of interest, what are your US relatives thoughts on events that have happened since they married?

Just catching up on here....
...So there's a fair few Cnuts over on the Royal chat, eh @freda19 👀 🤨
Well handled, Mrs.
would expect nothing less ✊🏼
What is that thread called?

Silbee

VIP Member
He's been shafted cos he's dim and pathetic in his attitude to rules and regulations, William has always rescued him from his limits as a royal family member, but it wasn't enough. The only blame that happened in Diana's accident was in her own selfish decisions, change of her mind and plans that night, no seatbelt, drink driver ( cos he'd been drinking) didn't anticipate driving for Diana that night, the explanation I have of Harry's actions ( and I've followed these boys from birth) is he's a soft boy, needs a good kick up the arse...
Look up the term Boston Brakes. Mercedes asked for the car to do a full forensic check, they were refused. They asked repeatedly and were refused repeatedly throughout.

MollyMooo

He's been shafted cos he's dim and pathetic in his attitude to rules and regulations, William has always rescued him from his limits as a royal family member, but it wasn't enough. The only blame that happened in Diana's accident was in her own selfish decisions, change of her mind and plans that night, no seatbelt, drink driver ( cos he'd been drinking) didn't anticipate driving for Diana that night, the explanation I have of Harry's actions ( and I've followed these boys from birth) is he's a soft boy, needs a good kick up the arse...
You need to do a bit of research. There’s a lot of discrepancies in the events surrounding Diana’s death. The French have archived their evidence for 75 years. Why?

MollyMooo

Brown eyes are the dominant gene... I am blue eyed..my ex was brown.. his mother had brown eyes..my child had brown eyes...Archies eyes are light..despite a brown mothers eyes being dominant genes..I might be wrong..but personal experience..I was a blond blue eye and gave birth to a brown dark eyed child as the other parent had the more dominant genes.
I’m brown eyed, my father brown, my husband blue, my mother and mil green/blue and fil blue. All three of my children have eyes that change colour, can’t remember the name, blue some days and green the next 😳

WallacesDog

Out of interest, what are your US relatives thoughts on events that have happened since they married?

What is that thread called?
It's here.....

Lincoln34

What are all the posts about eye colour about? I can't see the original post that started this part of the conversation. The genetics of eye colour are really complex and I find it fascinating.
Post above re Prince George having brown eyes when parents do not. There do used to be a myth that brown hair dominant. I’m brown - can assure you the kids are mine genetically 🤣 and I’ve got one blond, one auburn and one strawberry blonde child !

Also not sure that Kate and William are ‘suing’ Tatler. From reports sounds to me at most like a latter BEFORE action.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
On the article there is an option to share. Just click on the link and copy and paste on here. Click on the link next to whatsapp and copy and paste on here.
This is the article:

Thanks Diva. I'll try and do that but I'm hopeless at anything technical!

• Haha