Harry and Meghan #17 Not Thriving but Skiving.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering what it is that irritates me so much about the pair of them!
Maybe some of it is the sheer frustration that so many people don't seem to see that legitimate criticism of MeAgain and Harried is valid. The pair of them are just so hypocritical.
Let be nice and supportive and charitable to everyone. (Except MeAgain's father and family and anyone who has ever upset her!)
Lets care and be tactful to other immediate family. (Like announcing our pregnancy at a family wedding, totally taking all attention away from the bride!)
Lets move away from the UK because we don't like the paps and media attention. ( Then move to one of the areas the most paps live and operate, and then call the paps to take photos of us doing charitable work and walking our dogs)
Lets earn our own income independent of anyone else. ( But be supported financially by Harried' s father, and have our bodyguards and security paid for by the British taxpayer.)
Lets care for our environment and encourage everyone to do the same. ( Whilst using private planes to get around the world, wearing single use expensive dresses, etc etc)
The pair are so …..frustrating!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
ok I've seen it mentioned so many times, and I even think I asked a while back, and it was explained, but my menopausal brain is saying "nope nothing here"........so, I'm asking again (I think), what is a "Duchy"???
This explains all about the Duchy of Cornwall.
Prince Charles has been very active over the years promoting organic farming, in fact he was ahead of his time as he faced criticism for that years ago.

Reactions: 12
"In an interview with the Declassifed podcast, the 35-year-old said that things here are 'better than we are led to believe through certain corners of the media'. "

Aye right Harry, you tell that to this to this NHS doctor:

Yeah like Harry has an “in”with the media. I’m sure he is a priority to get daily briefings on all political, economic and socioeconomic issues facing our world today. Thank you Harry for keeping us real as to what is really going on, we are blessed. *insert curtsy here*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
She was a my style and girl crush when I was growing up ❤ I wanted to be as cool as her in her Vivienne Westwood 😂
Just for you - these were on my phone - this was in 2002 - our oldest was 12, our 2nd oldest was 3, and our 3rd oldest was a month old. No Doubt was having a concert in Jacksonville, FL (We lived there for 3 yrs) and we went to see her. She was the 1st of my side of the family to see our new baby. Funny side story: my husband was backstage with the baby chatting it up with this girl who just couldn't get enough of the baby......it wasn't until later during the concert did he realise he'd been chilling with Shirley Manson of Garbage 😂😂😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
What happened to them taking some time off?
Found this old one of Harry...

(The car is Meghan)
God thats great - a pissed Hanoverian Prince: red-faced with "Do you know who I am!", dressed like a posh student, tumbling outside his state funded Phaeton on the way to further squalid excess - and these were his good days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The daughter thing is weird. Do you remember when they were getting married and interviewing that American lady who thought it was so great, especially as Meghan had a daughter already? The woman knew Meghan so it was an odd thing to say.
Shut the front door! Whaaaat? I didn’t know about the interview part 😳

Reactions: 10
why oh why would someone go through their cctv footage to get a screenshot of ginger & cringe handing out food and ‘sell’ it to the press when there were already very clear pap shots of what they were doing & delivering?? I smell fakery and BS. It’s all a giant set up.
What a pair of self obsessed knobs.

Reactions: 20
God thats great - a pissed Hanoverian Prince: red-faced with "Do you know who I am!", dressed like a posh student, tumbling outside his state funded Phaeton on the way to further squalid excess - and these were his good days.
Remembered quite fondly as “The Boujis years”........

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is the case against the Daily Mail y'all have discussed?? What's the majority opinion on that?? Think the DM will win???
Yes, the DM will probably win, but even if it doesn't it is massive publicity for them. Either was the Harkles won't come out of it well 😂

Reactions: 14
As I think David Yelland (former Blairite editor of The Sun) was about to say on the tiresome Today programme this morning, before he was cut off to make room for a sketch by Miranda Hart so unfunny it was quite funny - the point is that there "co-operation" and "offering up" isnt voluntary and cant be withdrawn. Noone gives a tit how charitable or in love they are pretending to be on any particular day.

They arent public figures whose activities are important per se, but figures of fun whose activities will only be covered if they show them looking stupid or objectionable. This ridiculously self-important essay being a prime example.

Reactions: 17
Exactly this!
Why did they think this letter was appropriate in the current climate? 🤬
I have never seen two people totally lacking in self awareness as this pair.
”This policy is not about avoiding criticism” - really? It’s exactly for that!
Don’t engage with the tabloid newspapers if you don’t want to but there is no need to announce it.

I bet the Royal Family wake up every morning and think”what have they done today?” 😱

And to think it was just 3 weeks ago that we wrote on this thread “what are we going to talk about now they’ve gone?!”
😆

EDIT to add: this reminds me a bit of a forum/FB “I’m leaving flounce” - just do it, no need to announce it to everyone for the attention!
“This isn’t Heathrow Airport, you don’t hVe to announce your departure” 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Couple of particular points on that letter.

It states that 'the couple no longer receive any publicly funded support' - is that true? I don't think I've ever seen it clarified or confirmed that they are not receiving any security provided by the UK public anymore?

Secondly - I thought they could no longer refer to themselves as 'The Duke and Duchess of Sussex'? Isn't that the title they're not supposed to use? As I understood, they are now Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex?

Anyway back to the overall point, although I can't stand the man I have to say I agree with Piers Morgan on this. It's so petulant and inappropriate. They have a point about tabloid reporting (in general, not specifically relating to them) - but equally, that's the rub of it. If you want to court the media, you have to accept the rough with the smooth. And as others have said, if you don't want to engage with certain publications, just don't! This is so inflammatory and just designed to put them in the headlines again.

Also - why only British media?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The day before the queen's birthday.... She's done it again. :rolleyes:

It (announcing huge flights of fancy/pregnancies /leaving the family and country) on the eve or at so many big family occasions that it HAS to be on purpose. It can't not be, it's passed coincidence levels.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.