Harry and Meghan #121 William & George in the Royal box, H and wife still a pair of cocks!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where's Diana's elegance in this statue? And her stunning smile?

She was a dancer.......she looks anything but.

All that hue and cry........then looks nothing like Di 😔
She looks like Han Solo encased in carbonite, or a T-1000 about to knock your block off. Or one of those weeping angels out of Doctor Who. Stiff, blocky, not enough detail or expression, just this weird, vaguely messianic (ugh) somewhat confrontational stare and slightly Soviet stance, with the deep battleship grey really bringing the mood down even more and obscuring any real details from the face. I can't tell if it's stylised or just bad work from someone who doesn't really understand how to make someone look human, or doesn't want to for some odd ideological reason. The kids are just cringe. The proportions are just off and as others have pointed out, the gir's face is an adult woman's.

It's a weirdly bleak piece of work overall. Someone upthread mentioned seeing Renaissance sculptures in the museums in Italy that were possessed of incredible, human grace, feeling and texture. I think they were way way better sculptors around then than there are now. I think the artform has been lost in an art world that has valued artless conceptual pieces over figurative work for many decades now. Wouldn't surprise me if the thing was done via 3D printing. I've seen more evocative female figures in my local gravyard ffs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Not sure if this has been said already but I wonder has there been any public criticism of the statue as a monument to the white savior complex, using the image of a black child like that?
There was, on a forum where a majority are black women.
They are also critical of Peg, but some don't like the statues idea with the black child.
Factual is however that Diana had many, many interactions with black children, so it's a little bit unfair.
She visited a place in the USA where mostly black children with Aids were living their last days, and yes nobody cared about them before.

Reactions: 41
It's interesting how recollections vary.
In my view Diana was always blocky.
She had a defined wast when the outfit was well chosen or when one of these belt(elastic) combo were worn(trendy back then)

The statues outfit implies that the shirt is not form fitting, so it's a bit out of the skirt, like men used to wear their shirt/trouser combos in the past (shudder)

Anna Harvey the Vogue editor was her friend, her sister Jane was assistant editor, and Diana had unlimited budget a much less scrutiny than Kate for example today, so it was easy looking fashionable.
It was mentioned then, that she had either a boob lift or small implants at a certain point, so some will probably remember the different stages.
Also it's a statue, it lacks "texture" "animation" and the kids somehow create depression and static Ness
I only realised that Diana had quite broad shoulders latterly, when she wasn’t bulimic. She lived in the age of shoulder pads, so we all looked like baseball players. I think you are correct, she would wear clothes which were designed to enhance her good points and disguise her bad. The sculptor perhaps captured her as she really was in the photographs he was given. I believe she had really big feet, and she wore flat shoes because she was so tall.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She looks like Han Solo encased in carbonite, or a T-1000 about to knock your block off. Or one of those weeping angels out of Doctor Who. Stiff, blocky, not enough detail or expression, just this weird, vaguely messianic (ugh) somewhat confrontational stare and slightly Soviet stance, with the deep battleship grey really bringing the mood down even more and obscuring any real details from the face. I can't tell if it's stylised or just bad work from someone who doesn't really understand how to make someone look human, or doesn't want to for some odd ideological reason. The kids are just cringe. The proportions are just off and as others have pointed out, the gir's face is an adult woman's.

It's a weirdly bleak piece of work overall. Someone upthread mentioned seeing Renaissance sculptures in the museums in Italy that were possessed of incredible, human grace, feeling and texture. I think they were way way better sculptors around then than there are now. I think the artform has been lost in an art world that has valued artless conceptual pieces over figurative work for many decades now. Wouldn't surprise me if the thing was done via 3D printing. I've seen more evocative female figures in my local gravyard ffs.
Yes the medium is too dark. When you think of the stunning sculptures that spring up where you least expect them this one is old-fashioned and doesn't represent to me the woman she was. The kids are baffling and I think Sooty, Sweep and Soo are preferable.

I only realised that Diana had quite broad shoulders latterly, when she wasn’t bulimic. She lived in the age of shoulder pads, so we all looked like baseball players. I think you are correct, she would wear clothes which were designed to enhance her good points and disguise her bad. The sculptor perhaps captured her as she really was in the photographs he was given. I believe she had really big feet, and she wore flat shoes because she was so tall.
She wore flat shoes when she was with Charles as he is not very tall. Away from him she started wearing heels.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Harry's behaviour at the unveiling screams cocaine to me. Perhaps I'm being unfair? I remember overhearing some young people from the local council estate talking about coke. They all agreed 'That's the drug for dickheads' :LOL:
Off topic I know but I've just watched 'The Godfather' again. That film is almost 50 years old and still stands up as a brilliant film today. Bet they couldn't make it today though. Definitely not woke. I miss decent films, sigh.
The Godfather is my all time fav movie. Its the one movie (along with Godfather 2) that my husband and I can actually watch and enjoy together.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I was pondering whether the original statue had William and Harry included as in the card but when the great schism happened it was quickly changed to have universal kids and the extra one was tagged on to make sure nobody thought it was them.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Hi there yesterday i posted something about people laying birthday cards etc & K Palace just want to say sorry if I offended anyone,

I can be quite complexed & discombobulated & the thought of offending anyone really bothers me alot

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
I think it's when they are entering the gardens yesterday (W and H) Harry is tapping his tie with his index finger, its part of this therapy thing.
Guess he stopped sucking his thumb, and now started this.
Whatever he was on yesterday, I don't want it.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hi there yesterday i posted something about people laying birthday cards etc & K Palace just want to say sorry if I offended anyone,

I can be quite complexed & discombobulated & the thought of offending anyone really bothers me alot
I don't think you offended anyone @Zippy2000. You have every right to express your opinion here and we want you to express your opinion. Please don't be bothered by it. You are a valued member of this forum. Sending you love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 56

No worries.Those that disagree can scroll on or do the other thing.....:cautious:
A while ago we had a talk about wishing people who are no longer with us on this mortal coil happy birthday and the majority found it a good thing and really OK...
My opinion is that we need to be as nice as we can be to make up for those who dont know how to be nice and play nice

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Never apologise for having an opinion. If it's any consolation I agreed with you and said as much on the previous thread. And I was a lot harsher so don't worry ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 39

I replied to your post but I was in no way offended. All good So don’t worry.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Off topic but just a little update on my interaction with the sugar over my defence of Eugenie and her family - apparently I'm a " silly little boy" and a "swivel eyed loon" as the sugar goes for me on a comment board. Still haven't twigged I'm a girl....says so much about their IQ..... I'm bored with them now....

He's like an inelegant Mr Bean hands on hips back and forth not knowing what to do in that clip.
Just seen this - crikey that was really obvious wasn't it along with the fact she was not directing her conversation at 6 LOL

View attachment 644370omg absolutely creased at this on my insta this am. 🤣🤣🤣
I need eye bleach....

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
"Sad family passing" the evil bleeping witch doesn't give two shits about. :rolleyes:
More like he wanted to get back in good time for the 4th of July weekend celebrations. You know, back home in his adopted country, celebrating his own independence from the dreadful country that triggers him so much, and all that.

Plus, Dad and Gran were MIA, and Will doesn't have control of the purse strings yet, so no point in hanging around, was there?

Reactions: 37
Don’t know if this is has been put on here already! As I’m so far behind, but WTF is H doing here? Filming the camera crews for a pity party?
CDF0A59A-95EA-49C8-8093-A3A72709948D.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.