Harry and Meghan #116 Meggy exercising her bunions while Haz mucks about with his carrots and onions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Basically, because he demanded it and anne and Edward didn't.
That's not really the case.... the 80s were a very different time than the late 90s and a lot had changed. Male line grandchildren of the monarch were always hrhs with princely titles for example the Gloucesters and the Kents. Between the Yorks being born and the Wessexes being married the BRF went through a particularly hard time in the early to mid 90s, there was more focus on the cost of the family and Charles had made it known his desire for a slimmed down monarchy. Edward and Sophie saw the writing on the wall and knew their children would never be working members of the Royal family and the public perception would be much better if their children were styles as the children of an Earl. Anne's children were never entitled to hrh titles. Had her and Mark Phillips not declined the earldom offered on their wedding day Peter and Zara would have been styled as the children of an earl

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It was The Chalet school books for me. Baddies always ended up getting found out and I learned a lot from those books.

If Eleanor M Brent-Dyer was alive today, i'd love to read what she had to say about all this woke stuff and cancel culture.

Meghan and Harry could have been amazing but they gave up and then turned nasty.
Such a shame.
Enid Blyton taught me how to read and read fluently. Read those books over and over again. Then I moved on to the Chalet School books and what joy there was there. Every bit of German I know comes from those books :LOL: How I longed for Kaffee und Kunchen :coffee:&🍰 and a good climb up an Alp 🏔
Must admit I still have the books. My eldest daughter loved them too and we still dip into them every so often. :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I think it's going to be used as leverage. Behave yourselves or everything will be released next year. If they do manage to behave themselves a sanitised version will be released to satisfy the public.

Personally, I'd let the tit hit the fan right now. The Queen is naive and doesn't understand the nature of the toxic malignant narcissistic psychopath. This rollercoaster isn't going to be forced to an abrupt halt unless the total unmitigated truth is released in all its gory glory.

Yes but it doesn't do to show all your cards too soon.
Just because we are all dying to know the outcome, it is probably the wisest move to sit on all the findings at least until Harry can be looked in the eye by his grandmother in the flesh when he attends the planned luncheon.

Tick......tick........tick.......

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I’m so touched that someone remembered me! 🥰 Glad to be back, I had to take a break from those idiots, they were doing my head in!

Some personal stuff in the spoiler tag, feel free to skip.

Some might remember way back in February that I mentioned my mum’s cancer had spread, and the support and kindness I received was so lovely. I’m pleased to say that after having chemo, both of her tumours have shrunk by more than half, and are not currently ‘active’. The doctors are firmly optimistic that she will have “many years” to look forward to. She has also kept her hair, only having thinned out a bit. She will begin treatment soon, and will likely also have surgery as long as she stays healthy, which will also help to prolong her life. Compared to what we were thinking back then, we’re blessed. Obviously she will never be cured, but we are hopeful that we will have her with us for much, much longer than we thought. Just wanted to update you all and say thank you once again. 🥰
Oh this is wonderful news. Welcome back and live to mum.xx

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I enjoyed them too despite the fact that they were obviously old fashioned when I was a kid, and of course I didn't go to a posh boarding school.

My daughter was given them to read when she was young and despite being another generation down the line she really liked them. So much so that we watched the series that was made recently together. Did anyone else see it? They made the cast more inclusive to bring it a bit up to date but set it in the past. It was quite good.

My fav childhood memory is sitting on a deep window sill upstairs, rain bouncing off the window on St Swithins day, thinking we had 39 more days of rain to come, reading the Wishing Chair adventures. The joy 🥰 - followed on years later by The famous five, Malory Towers etc etc...
Shame the wokies are cancelling these Authors now.... H&M would probably moan Enid never mentioned their childs name in the Famous Five books ( sing it 🎶 Julian Dick Ann George and Timmy the dogggg 🐕🎶)

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I think this is true, if it had been a different wife. I don’t think there was any chance when they saw who they were stuck with.
Yes, the plan was always to have the children of the monarch and the children of the heir only. So in Charles case William and Catherine with Harry and his wife supporting. Then when William became king, Harry and wife still supporting, George and his wife and kids and so on. I don't think the plan ever included cutting out current working members just a gradual reduction

Reactions: 26
I’m so touched that someone remembered me! 🥰 Glad to be back, I had to take a break from those idiots, they were doing my head in!

Some might remember way back in February that I mentioned my mum’s cancer had spread, and the support and kindness I received was so lovely. I’m pleased to say that after having chemo, both of her tumours have shrunk by more than half, and are not currently ‘active’. The doctors are firmly optimistic that she will have “many years” to look forward to. She has also kept her hair, only having thinned out a bit. She will begin treatment soon, and will likely also have surgery as long as she stays healthy, which will also help to prolong her life. Compared to what we were thinking back then, we’re blessed. Obviously she will never be cured, but we are hopeful that we will have her with us for much, much longer than we thought. Just wanted to update you all and say thank you once again. 🥰
Yes I remember you were feeling wobbly and upset then you disappeared. Glad to read about your wonderful news! No need for a spoiler that's for bad or boring stuff! It's nice that posters here can confide to others their difficulties or sadness without fear of being bashed, and to know they will be supported and given consolation by genuine people. It's a real credit to this thread's Tattlers and a rarity in this day and age.

Everyone here seems to hold our Queen and country in high regard including those living far away, and I think this mindset is part of what makes this thread good. You notice that the hate-filled threads hate the Monarchy and love Minge, and there you have it. The difference in a nutshell.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
That's not really the case.... the 80s were a very different time than the late 90s and a lot had changed. Male line grandchildren of the monarch were always hrhs with princely titles for example the Gloucesters and the Kents. Between the Yorks being born and the Wessexes being married the BRF went through a particularly hard time in the early to mid 90s, there was more focus on the cost of the family and Charles had made it known his desire for a slimmed down monarchy. Edward and Sophie saw the writing on the wall and knew their children would never be working members of the Royal family and the public perception would be much better if their children were styles as the children of an Earl. Anne's children were never entitled to hrh titles. Had her and Mark Phillips not declined the earldom offered on their wedding day Peter and Zara would have been styled as the children of an earl

You can all say that Andrew didnt demand his kids get the princess titles until you are blue in the face.
You will not convince me otherwise.
He had a tantrum and was endulged because the Queen and Prince Philip overuled Charles when he asked for the rules to be changed.

Prince Charles wanted to trim the use of such titles down from the children of all his siblings long before now.
It was hoped that the male line Andrew and Edward would agree even though their children were entitled.

It was hoped to make that change years ago without fuss.

Andrew demanded.
Andrew got.

The monarch can make changes.
Parliament can also make changes.

And those changes are coming.

Reactions: 25

So happy to read this. Love to your and your mum ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 28
My fav childhood memory is sitting on a deep window sill upstairs, rain bouncing off the window on St Swithins day, thinking we had 39 more days of rain to come, reading the Wishing Chair adventures. The joy 🥰 - followed on years later by The famous five, Malory Towers etc etc...
Shame the wokies are cancelling these Authors now.... H&M would probably moan Enid never mentioned their childs name in the Famous Five books ( sing it 🎶 Julian Dick Ann George and Timmy the dogggg 🐕🎶)
I loved the Magic Faraway Tree. Another childrens author I adored was Noel Streatfeild. She wrote Ballet Shoes amongst other. Wonderful books.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It was The Chalet school books for me. Baddies always ended up getting found out and I learned a lot from those books.

If Eleanor M Brent-Dyer was alive today, i'd love to read what she had to say about all this woke stuff and cancel culture.

Meghan and Harry could have been amazing but they gave up and then turned nasty.
Such a shame.
Chalet School books were the bomb.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You can all say that Andrew didnt demand his kids get the princess titles until you are blue in the face.
He had a tantrum and was endulged because the Queen and Prince Philip overuled Charles when he asked for the rules to be changed.

Prince Charles wanted to trim the use of such titles down from the children of all his siblings long before now.
It was hoped that the male line Andrew and Edward would agree even though their children were entitled.

Andrew demanded.
Andrew got.

There was the documented spat about paying for the girl’s security - look back at articles about the Yorks and money and it’s a complete pit of dodgy deals and being bailed out. The most recent being the lawsuit brought by the Frenchwoman who wasn’t paid in full for their ski chalet. Queen paid off his debt again. Andrew must be bricking it about when Charles takes control of the money. He fluffed his trade envoy jolly, he hung out with very problematic characters and he embarrassed the crown with that interview. If he had any humility he would have managed to be rehabilitated but he doesn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Good point, but I think you are missing something important. Harry Windsor is a simpleton. No really, he is. He's simple. And I don't wish to demean people with learning difficulties, I truly don't.

I now think Harry is backward. That's the only way I can game it out. Look at his academic grades, barely above the levels of an average 6yo. And that's his A-levels. A lot of effort was put in by The Firm to present Harry as competent and accomplished; put a few medals on him, dress him in an expensive suit ... shuffle him along, don't let him talk to long to the media, no one will notice.

Now that he is out in the wild it's all to clear, at least to me, that the man is an idiot.
You could tell when he was a young child that something was amiss with him, he always had the look of 'lights on, no one home' about him.

As the years went on I used to think I had it wrong about him such was the brilliant job the Palace did with their managing of him.

Always trust your first instincts is the moral of this particular tale.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I loved the Magic Faraway Tree. Another childrens author I adored was Noel Streatfeild. She wrote Ballet Shoes amongst other. Wonderful books.
I also loved Malcolm saville's adventure stories.

We had some great stuff growing up didn't we?

I don't think any of us would have been pleased to be given a copy of "The Bench."

There was the documented spat about paying for the girl’s security - look back at articles about the Yorks and money and it’s a complete pit of dodgy deals and being bailed out. The most recent being the lawsuit brought by the Frenchwoman who wasn’t paid in full for their ski chalet. Queen paid off his debt again. Andrew must be bricking it about when Charles takes control of the money. He fluffed his trade envoy jolly, he hung out with very problematic characters and he embarrassed the crown with that interview. If he had any humility he would have managed to be rehabilitated but he doesn’t.

Charles said, "I hoped Andrew would work with me but he was unhelpful."

Thats diplomatic-speak for something entirely different.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Enid Blyton taught me how to read and read fluently. Read those books over and over again. Then I moved on to the Chalet School books and what joy there was there. Every bit of German I know comes from those books :LOL: How I longed for Kaffee und Kunchen :coffee:&🍰 and a good climb up an Alp 🏔
Must admit I still have the books. My eldest daughter loved them too and we still dip into them every so often. :LOL:
I was a huge fan, too and passed my love of them onto my daughter also.

I've always thought they should have been used to learn children to read back in the day. They would have sped my learning process up times fifty just to find out what happened next.

• Heart

So pleased for you and your family to have some good news. Let's cross our fingers that her treatment isn't too arduous and that she gets her chance for life-prolonging surgery. 🤗

• Heart

Andrew demanded.
Andrew got.

There's never been any suggestion in the press that Andrew demanded titles for his children, it was just what was done. The slimmed down monarchy was first mooted in the early 90s. Its been well documented that Andrew threw a tantrum when the girls security was to be taken away even though that was a met operational decision and affected Sophie etc too. He also threw a strop when it was confirmed to him that the girls would never be working members of the family which was only around 15 years ago.... I do think he thought there would be role for them as they were titled. If the relevant changes are made now there will be no need for parliament to get involved, unless they want to strip Harry of his Prince title

Reactions: 28
You could tell when he was a young child that something was amiss with him, he always had the look of 'lights on, no one home' look about him.

As the years went on I used to think I had it wrong about him such was the brilliant job the Palace did with their managing of him.

Always trust your first instincts is the moral of this particular tale.

I feel such a twit.
I never saw any of that.
It totally passed me by. Never knew about him getting help to pass his A levels.
Never knew he was given an easy ride in the Army.

Did suss that he adored Kate.
Didn't know about his animal cruelty or alleged violence against women.

Also was a viewer of Suits before Meghan met him.
Loved her in it. Loved the show - well. Mainly Harvey Specter, but I did enjoy it.

I was thrilled to see Harry find love (so I thought) and was excited about what they could achieve together.

Then their hypocrisy started to show itself and I had a little rethink.

And now I've learned all the info thanks to everyone in here, oh boy has that rethink become a big one.

Total about turn.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
He is a pompous oaf and always has been. He is also horribly old-fashioned. I think his daughters have done quite well to find husbands not tied to his idea of a suitable husband.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.