Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PurplePie

Chatty Member
They really showed their true colours with the names. Very narcissist, toxic and bizarre behaviour to use the Queen's private nickname given everything they have said and done in the past year and a half. I think a lot of people who are on the fence will now realise how toxic they are. It's utterly distasteful and isn't in line with all their recent allegations. Why name the baby after the Queen if the firm is so racist and caused them so much anguish?! It doesn't make sense.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Pixillated

Meghan Thinks Harry Has Made This One "Big Mistake," Say Sources
"SHE FEELS IT'S ALL GOTTEN A BIT OUT OF CONTROL," ROYAL INSIDERS SAY.
By DIANE CLEHANE
JUNE 3, 2021

“It's been a year and a half since Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan stepped down from their roles as senior royals, but it's hardly been a clean break. The ongoing tension between the Sussexes and the Royal Family has continued to build—particularly after their joint interview with Oprah Winfrey earlier this year, where they claimed the royals made racist comments about their unborn son and revealed it was a lack of support from "The Firm" that finally drove them out. "When Harry and Meghan first made those stunning allegations against the Royal Family to Oprah, it seemed inconceivable there would be much more to say, yet since then, there has been a barrage of criticisms, complaints, and unproven allegations," a Palace insider told Best Life. "It's been a shock to a great many people to see Harry so full of anger. It's his behavior, not Meghan's that has been truly shocking."

“Prince Charles was Meghan's greatest champion when she became engaged to Harry," said one Palace source. "He was very taken with her. He made the case that allowed them to get married at St. George's Chapel even though she was divorced, which was something he was not able to do when he married Camilla [Duchess of Cornwall]. He agreed to walk Meghan half-way down the aisle at the wedding amid all the drama with Meghan's father [Thomas Markle]. It's inconceivable to think Harry has directed most of his anger towards him."

“Meghan, who has not spoken to her own father for some time, shared many common interests with Charles and "felt comfortable in his company," says the insider. "From her own experience, she knows how devastating it is when a parent lets you down but also knows how it's made worse by having it all play out in the media. Harry's stunning change of heart towards his father has shocked a lot of people. Meghan understands how Harry feels, but she also knows how damaging it can be to one's reputation to feud publicly with family members. Ultimately, no one emerges looking better than anyone else. Some people are saying she feels it's all gotten a bit out of control."

This from Megs who went on worldwide TV and accused a member of the royal family of racism,
dumped her Father and filed a court case. I just can’t…

And the use of the incorrect title, Duchess Meghan 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

Tattlingpineapple

Chatty Member
People in 20 years in interviews with her "so your parents named you after your allegedly racist great grandmother who traumatized your grandfather who subsequently traumatized your father?"

• Haha
  • Angry

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Not even one of the Queens grandchildren such as zara eugenie Beatrice or even William, would have ever considered using that name

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
Suck up to the queen all you want - you still abused and insulted her family and she won’t forget it.

How many eyeroll emojis do you think on the royal women group chat?

• Haha
  • Angry

Twocats

I genuinely don’t understand how naming the child Lilibet honours HMTQ. Over the last 18 months they have done everything but honour her, the utter low point being the interview they gave that led people to believe for a few days that Phillip was a racist, whilst she was caring for him in his deathbed.

It’s a bit like beating someone up, giving them a kick whilst they are on the floor and then giving them a hand up
I think that the choice reveals everything about ‘that woman’, it shows her contempt and disrespect for the Queen. I am taking your special family name and using it for my child and you can’t do anything about it.

• Angry
  • Heart

spangly

VIP Member
Meghan and Harry #111
Can a heart of stone pump-pump or is it prosthetic like the baby bump?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Pixillated

Okay.
I have a different perspective.
IF they asked the Queen AND they were granted permission to use this name, I am fine with it. Lili is a pretty name.

I am truthfully just relieved that the first name isn’t Diana.

But, what a slap in the face to Doria.

And what about honoring her back heritage?

• Wow

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
I don't think that the Queen will remove remove their titles - she is playing a very smart long game. What Harry has done to them is awful and he is absolutely responsible for that, but it's also obvious for all to see that Harry's mental health is an absolute mess, so the Royal family are taking great care of perceptions. If they remove the titles, and that is perceived as the thing that pushed him over the edge, then it's a PR disaster. He is in self destruct mode. It's better PR for them to leave them with the titles - they know (like the rest of us) that there is no way in hell that the marriage will last, so they will pick up the pieces of Harry once Meghan has finished destroying him and tosses him aside. In addition to that though, whilst there may not have appeared to be major responses to what Harry has done, they have been 'responding' e.g. William reinforcing in Scotland how many happy childhood memories that he had from there; William saying what comfort he found in Scotland following his mother's death; Oprah who? and a couple of other comments in Edward and Sophie's recent interview. They are quietly, but firmly refuting some of the nonsense that Harry has put out there.

• Heart

DozyCowSleepySheepy

Throw your granny under a bus whilst her husband is on his death bed and name your child after a nickname only those closest to her can use.
The audacity and the narcissism is actually staggering. And really offensive!
This was it for me. He can’t say fast enough how much the family have ruined his life and yet…he has the fucking audacity to use the Queen’s nickname?! Honestly where is his fucking head?!

• Angry
  • Heart

Churchill's Ghost

VIP Member
People keep saying that she got a $500k advance...the article about it said that she "could have gotten up to a $500k advance" Nothing has been released. PRH has a vanity press portion and I suspect that is how The Bench is getting published. There is absolutely no way that dreck got through an editorial board and an editor, no matter whose name was on it. Plus, they have put ZERO publicity behind it. If they paid a huge advance like that, they would need it to earn out and would be pushing it all over. Plus, there was nothing about the deal in any of the major publishing publications or sites that track advances and sales

• Heart
  • Haha

peachhes

VIP Member
Coming out of lurking to say I agree with all of the comments so far but also, naming a child so directly after someone else risks overshadowing their whole identity doesn’t it? Especially someone with shoes to fill as big as HMQ.
I just think it’s a little disrespectful to be so happy to berate your elderly grandparent then name your daughter after her, using her family nickname most commonly used by her recently passed and beloved husband 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
It’s a name they’ve hijacked for their own gain, there’s no affection in this , only eyes on future monetary gain.

• Angry
  • Sick

Rowan

Chatty Member
I hope the child's mother is recovering well.
She will have been paid and gagged by now.

• Haha
  • Wow

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
How they have the fucking nerve to call her Lilibet is beyond me.

Clinging like fuck to the only thing that makes them famous.

• Angry