Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I will agree with you on that one about the speed. But it also wouldn't have been the quality of her other videos where she does a lot of transitions and text like Neistat did so wouldn't have taken that long to stitch together.

Mark81

VIP Member
It's odd, so many say about regular uplands for the algorithm. But so many successful youtubers I follow have no regular upload schedule. And it can be weeks between videos and they still get 100s of thousands of views.

Sounds like she's lost her interest in it, which is fair enough. I think it was a good lockdown project but now life is back and she has a good job it's a different situation

I know absolutely bugger all about Walt Disney World. Can someone explain if it's different each time a person visits or is it pretty much the same? I'm just wondering why she goes there so often. I'm genuinely curious because I'm clueless when it comes to Disney theme parks and most to do with Disney too.
Really depends what you do! There’s so much there that you *can* make it a different holiday each time, different resort etc but the majority of the Disney vloggers holiday like it’s Groundhog Day.

Sabbie

VIP Member
She did show her friends go to afternoon tea recently, and that was an eye opener as they looked far more interesting than her. I gave her a few credit points for having friends you wouldn't expect her to have. :LOL:

dizmal

I do agree with you. Where she lost me was her attitude that she was above other vloggers, and that it was just a fun hobby. I don't even have an issue with her taking courses to improve on her hobby.

But now she is doing ads (something she said she would never do), didn't care about views but now doesn't do more of a subject if it doesn't get views, wasn't going to be a travel channel but now uploading a random airline review which breaks with her supposed London niche.

Granted this attitude shift was more obvious if you followed her on Instagram rather than just youtube.

I think the fact it's gone from a rave thread to a critical one says something too. Also, as I mentioned before, I have family members who used to watch her and have now gone off her.
But why do you care or keep watching if you don't enjoy it? It seems as though every rave thread eventually turns negative or splits off.

I still enjoy her content on YT and IG so I will keep watching.

Sabbie

VIP Member
Fair play to her, she may be from a well off family, but she seems to have done really well for herself in the industry she's in. I know she was flying from place to place to make deals or something, so whatever she did has paid off.
That’s what happens when you are white, blonde, and come from a “well off” family. The undeniable privilege is there. Hopefully she would admit to that too. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Mark81

VIP Member
I actually unfollowed her but get her videos on my home page ALL the time. I actually mentioned on this thread earlier that I think she has paid to push her videos as I’ve seen her videos on my friend’s home page, when all she watches is finance videos!
Yeah I've unfollowed her too when she made it obvious her channel has changed direction. I don't get her recommended anymore though.

If she has paid to have her videos promoted it should say next to it

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I think she has mentioned before that clickbait titles and the posed shock faced thumbnails she does gets the most views so as much as she thinks they are cringe will keep doing them as they bring in the views.
Which is odd for someone who does this as a hobby, and has said she would never do this full time, take sponsors etc, why do you care if your videos do well or hit the algorithm?
That is my annoyance with her, she seems to say she doesn't care, and mocks other people who this is their full time job, but comes off looking just as desperate for views with clickbait and thumbnails.
I'm curious, when it comes to sponsors, what kind of sponsors could she get? Her channel is mostly tour videos of London and isn't a channel dedicated to fashion or beauty etc. I don't know how YouTube sponsors works, so it's interesting to know how it works for channels that aren't dedicated to subjects where a specific sponsor (fashion or beauty companies for e.g.) would take interest in them.

dizmal

In regards to her British Airways video. Was that just a random video travelling business class or was she actually travelling for her company? I only got 5 mins into the video and never got around to watching it again. Was just wondering really. I did notice she's gained about 40k subs since she passed the 100k mark at the beginning of this year was it? That's very good growth. She could definitely pass the 150k sub mark by the end of next Jan I reckon.
She was travelling to meet her sister's family at Walt Disney World. She used Avios points for her ticket and said it wouldn't be worth it to pay for it.

dizmal

She replied to a question about maybe doing reaction videos. They would do well for her. She has an opinion and can be quite snarky. I would like those videos more than videos from stores in London. Would love to see more travel videos.
I wish she'd do travel videos again too. It was such a tease when she did that airport video and then didn't show us anything else!

Mark81

VIP Member
What's funny is our views are more common beyond here. I know a few people who used to watch her, but all have stopped and said similar things. And they aren't on here, justvher regular viewers. So she has definitely turned off some people who used to watch her early on