Hannah Marling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly! For many people shopping at Aldi is a reality, can’t choose to do our food shopping in m&s! Just felt quite disconnected from reality, especially in the current climate!
I usually enjoy Hannah’s content but I found the Aldi one really annoying. I shop at Aldi / Lidl every week, it’s so affordable and actually the quality is usually really good. My weekly shop is the same as she spent for that one day (I know it included Prosecco but still). She went into it thinking she wouldn’t like anything so she didn’t. So fussy and so snobby in my opinion.
I just don’t understand why you would want to go out and spend so much money on food in M&S. the part that really irritated me was the bloody pomegranate seeds. She willingly spends £3 regularly on them in M&S. just crazy to me.

Reactions: 3
I believe Hannah comes from a well off family. I have watched her videos closely and she lives in a very nice neighborhood, and I asked her what car she drives and she replied saying an Audi A3. Now don't get me wrong, it might not be in the most expensive range of Audis, but its still a nicer car than what I am able to afford at the moment. She also seems to shop online on a weekly basis and buys the most expensive crap she doesn't need. She shops at M&S and turns her nose up at cheaper options. She'll soon be moving into her own goddamn HOUSE. Her friends also look posh.

She has also maintained this lifestyle through two lock downs worldwide so far, so I am guessing money isn't an issue for her. But she sure likes to flaunt it on Instagram and Youtube, I wonder what type of void she's filling to be so inconsiderate towards others all during a pandemic.

EDIT: I also don't like the way she has to say "So I'll eat these and see how I feel...." See how you feel?!? Girl, this is food many people buy on the regular!! It's not made to make you feel a certain way after you eat them! This is so rude and can be downright offensive to people who can't afford M&S.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I know this is petty but I feel as though her friend Becky is so sweet but Hannah displays a condescending attitude towards her sometimes.

I watched the video linked above where they are eating the person in front of them's order and Hannah tells Becky how to order at Starbucks for 5 mins straight even though her friend clearly states she has worked at starbucks for 3 years or something?? It was so cringy watching Hannah like girl stfu she has worked there she probably knows all that. She claims Becky is her best friend but I bet there's some been some issues between them.

I definitely agree that she must come from a family who have a decent amount of money. Not insane amounts because her brother and her nan both seem quite down to earth, but they do well it seems. I will be interested to see what the house she has bought is like.

At first I genuinely thought she was a bit of fresh air and it was nice to see someone have a good relationship with food who lost weight in what seemed to be a more sustainable way than others but she also comes across as really quite rude and snobby. My biggest annoyance with her though is how fussy she is. I get that people are fussy with food, but why make a whole channel dedicated to it when you turn your nose up at so much?? I can see her getting to a certain sub count and then just sorta staying there.

^ I agree, but I am confident her family is definitely middle class.

I like her quirky outbursts and witty sense of humour, but I think her annoyance with food will be her downfall. I still watch her older videos where she wasn't as snobby with her food. Lol

Reactions: 1
Oo is the tinder video a good watch? I have noticed Hannah mention single/dating life multiple times (espesh on Insta stories). I reckon she is actively seeking a man yknow!

I wonder with the amount of times Hannah films if she'll revert back to her old eating ways...

I just watched Mark Ferris' latest Christmas video and Hannah's video almost felt identical to his idea lol

I originally thought Hannah was great, really natural and entertaining. Now she's just repetitive and incredibly opinionated. She should move away from food videos when she's that fussy and do weekly vlogs instead perhaps. The Tinder video was very cringe and I felt for half the men she contacted!

I suppose its just a case of people's real personalities coming through over time -I too think its strange that she dedicates her content to food when she's so borderline fussy with it.

Reactions: 4
I can see why she has to make so much content based around food now considering her views when she posts a non-food video lol. Her homeware haul from last week only has 3k views compared to her vid last night which already has 9k.

I can see why she has to make so much content based around food now considering her views when she posts a non-food video lol. Her homeware haul from last week only has 3k views compared to her vid last night which already has 9k.
Given what she said in her recent video about not many views being from subscribers, I would imagine the views are people wanting to watch eating videos, rather than people actually interested in hannah. Doesn’t seem massively sustainable

Reactions: 2
I always thought most of her views came from people who know her in real life; I mean she's massively gunning for this YT thing. But how many 24 hours of eating such & such food has she done now?? It's very repetitive & boring.

she has annoyed me so much on instagram and youtube the last couple of weeks with going out to the pub all the time and drinking loads even though she shouldnt really because not the rules. clearly does not care despite living with her nan (who i am presuming is over 70, or even 80??)!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I get the feeling that her nan has dementia or something I don't know I could be wrong but in her most recent video with her nan I got that impression.

• Sad
She had COVID herself I'm pretty sure, I think in one of her videos she mentioned that she couldn't taste any of her drinks at pubs and did the test and it came back positive. Haven't they relaxed the rules over Christmas in the UK?? That's what I heard & I'm guessing will be everyone's excuse for going out. She seems way too harsh towards her nan if she really does have dementia. Like it's not even playful funny :rolleyes:

She had COVID herself I'm pretty sure, I think in one of her videos she mentioned that she couldn't taste any of her drinks at pubs and did the test and it came back positive. Haven't they relaxed the rules over Christmas in the UK?? That's what I heard & I'm guessing will be everyone's excuse for going out. She seems way too harsh towards her nan if she really does have dementia. Like it's not even playful funny :rolleyes:
Actually they just tightened the rules for over christmas and in London all shops and restaurants/pubs/bars are now closed and they are in the highest tier. I can see Hannah bending them somehow though

Her poor nan, she’s always laughing at her.. you can tell her nan feels uncomfortable and doesn’t really know what’s going on in the videos and Hannah just basically takes the piss out of her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.