Hannah Marling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else follow Hannah? She's very new to YT and already has over 10k subscribers. Very down to earth and you can't help but like her.

Reactions: 5
Anyone else follow Hannah? She's very new to YT and already has over 10k subscribers. Very down to earth and you can't help but like her.
ive been watching her for the past week. she's so down to earth, love how 'normal' she is, i love that she isn't afraid to swear etc. feels like talking to a friend

Reactions: 4
I have been watching her since she started back in April and absolutely adored her personality. The only thing I don't like is that she hasn't done any one of my video suggestions and picks very random ideas. I asked her to pick foods with only a certain number of ingredients and she replied saying she can't prepare food until she gets her own place. Umm what?? Your whole channel is basically about preparing and eating food is it not? Her family seems very nice and so do her friends. But I do believe she'll be one of those YT'ers who'll have a honeymoon period with YT and then forget to upload. I can already tell the contrast in her videos from when she first uploaded to now.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I think she’s down to Earth and I enjoy some of her videos. It’s starting to irritate me that she keeps breaking into that Texas kind of accent though. I’ve had to switch off a few times.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I think she’s down to Earth and I enjoy some of her videos. It’s starting to irritate me that she keeps breaking into that Texas kind of accent though. I’ve had to switch off a few times.
I agree, it was funny at first but now it's constant accents and I can't even understand half of what she's saying. Seems like a great person to go on a night out with though.

Yeah it was quirky at first and not something I've seen too much before but now I realise its how she usually speaks and its starting to grate on me a bit. I don't think she'll stop tho as its a part of her quirk. That sucks.

I really, really enjoyed her videos when she started. I feel like she’s dropping off quickly. Don’t get me wrong I love her and her personality. But I just feel like she cba as much with her food videos now. Now lockdown has pretty much ended. The vegan one was pretty poor. 99% snacks I dunno, she just seems to be bored of her own content already.

I really, really enjoyed her videos when she started. I feel like she’s dropping off quickly. Don’t get me wrong I love her and her personality. But I just feel like she cba as much with her food videos now. Now lockdown has pretty much ended. The vegan one was pretty poor. 99% snacks I dunno, she just seems to be bored of her own content already.

I think the main problem with Hannah's channel is that this girl is way too outgoing for a YT career. She would make an amazing hostess. If you watch closely at other youtube channels and their content you can dissect their personalities and see most of them are just regular, lonely people behind the scenes who feel the NEED to connect. I don't get that feeling with Hannah. She is always on a high and has no problems being social. I think shes the first yt'er i've seen who does not display bouts of anxiety or depression. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I think its awesome people create channels to be more relatable with those topics/issues and connect with their audience around that.

I agree her videos are very sub-par now. She should have spaced them out with different content in between and not jumped into making food themed videos over and over. How long can you keep taking suggestions and filming the same content? Its very repetitive and boring. She should take some tips. The girl talk video was pretty different and I think she could incorporate more of that into her channel. It could pull in more diversity and I feel like she's good at giving advice on a range of topics. I don't think she'll last long-term tho. She's like a gal on the move and will possibly move on to a new project soon enough.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, i like her content but besides being the same over and over again, the editing makes it even more boring, and she doesn’t cut out the parts where she’s not saying anything, which makes it a pain to watch it all the way through, kinda reminds me of lucille maciver’s channel, it grew until around 20K subscribers and then died, due to the lack of creativity and not really engaging editing

Reactions: 1
I really liked her to begin with, but she is also so picky (which I did not realise at first) and it is kind of annoying the way she will turn her nose up at certain things or does not even really want to try it

I really liked her to begin with, but she is also so picky (which I did not realise at first) and it is kind of annoying the way she will turn her nose up at certain things or does not even really want to try it
I'm picky too so I get it but the overreacting that really gets me. Like, you're choosing to make videos where you have to try these foods so STFU.

Yes! I definitely get being picky, but it is 100% the overreacting that gets me too. I just feel like I am liking her less and less the more videos she puts out.

she only tries the most basic versions of everything to make sure its actually edible enough for her and in my opinion thats not what a true foodie does. Shes putting out videos like crazy like I haven't even bothered watching the past 5 of them, I get it you want to be a big shot youtuber but relax on the uploads until you get some more stable traffic.

she only tries the most basic versions of everything to make sure its actually edible enough for her and in my opinion thats not what a true foodie does. Shes putting out videos like crazy like I haven't even bothered watching the past 5 of them, I get it you want to be a big shot youtuber but relax on the uploads until you get some more stable traffic.
yeah, tbh i use her videos as background noise since she just talks A LOT. nothing wrong with that, but she doesn't cut out parts of her video which just makes the videos too long to actually sit down and watch nicely? no clue if that makes sense. she uploads a lot, which again can be good if it was a good youtuber but she isn't letting anyone have a break. it feels like youre in a lecture and you have to catch up on stuff

also she tends to cheat a lot in her videos. in her newest video she just kept changing aisle. yes its annoying that you ended up on the chocolate section but thats the fun about the challenge, its meant for entertainment. if she didn't like it then dont do that as a video

yeah, tbh i use her videos as background noise since she just talks A LOT. nothing wrong with that, but she doesn't cut out parts of her video which just makes the videos too long to actually sit down and watch nicely? no clue if that makes sense. she uploads a lot, which again can be good if it was a good youtuber but she isn't letting anyone have a break. it feels like youre in a lecture and you have to catch up on stuff

also she tends to cheat a lot in her videos. in her newest video she just kept changing aisle. yes its annoying that you ended up on the chocolate section but thats the fun about the challenge, its meant for entertainment. if she didn't like it then dont do that as a video
that really bugged me too haha. There’s definately savoury food in the seasonal aisle in Tesco too. They have like the pots or twiglets and cheese savouries. It was just whatever suited 🤷🏼‍♀️

that really bugged me too haha. There’s definately savoury food in the seasonal aisle in Tesco too. They have like the pots or twiglets and cheese savouries. It was just whatever suited 🤷🏼‍♀️
exactly! yes a chocolate and cheese isnt classed as a 'meal' but thats the whole point of the challenge. its a bit of fun and its to entertain the audience.

also with the aisle thing she ended up being able to pick whatever she wanted. which isn't the point of the video. it just ended up looking like she's doing a food shop

I only watched a very tiny part of the aisle video and skipped til the end but wow she would always get annoyed with the food and instead ate whatever she wanted in her earlier videos and I let it slide. But now I can see she's a downright complainer as well. If you don't like most of the things you buy then maybe challenge videos aren't for you, love.

She's also quite dumb as once I suggested to make a video using only pasta and chocolate as ingredients, and she replied saying "what, like together?!" No you numb nut you use the only two ingredients to prepare your meals for that day, golly!

I dont know why but it rubs me the wrong way that she is already thinking about YouTube as a full time job (she mentioned this in her q&a she uploaded just now). From the sounds of it she has a really good job at the moment, and I understand that doesnt mean you love it just because it is a good job, but it just starts to make me think that she is only creating the content for the money and the "Youtube/influencer lifestyle" now.

I dont know why but it rubs me the wrong way that she is already thinking about YouTube as a full time job (she mentioned this in her q&a she uploaded just now). From the sounds of it she has a really good job at the moment, and I understand that doesnt mean you love it just because it is a good job, but it just starts to make me think that she is only creating the content for the money and the "Youtube/influencer lifestyle" now.
I know! How much money is she earning from YT right now to make her even consider this?!. I do really like her but her videos aren't imaginative.

I know! How much money is she earning from YT right now to make her even consider this?!. I do really like her but her videos aren't imaginative.
She gets pretty good views in line with her subscribers but I cant see that lasting forever if she doesnt change up her content soon?! Eventually people are gonna get bored.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.