Hannah Gale #4 Hubba hubba ding dong, The Leopard won’t be around for long!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They can absolutely resuscitate at home. You get all the equipment delivered including oxygen prior to 37 weeks. The midwives that come to your house are often the same midwives who work in the hospital so have the exact same experience and skills/knowledge. So in a scenario like that they would make sure babe was ok and get to hospital afterwards. If there was going to be a negative outcome for that reason it would happen wherever you gave birth.

I had 2 v experienced midwives attend my home birth and a student.

We cannot make decisions based on a what if scenario. A huge percentage of births are straight forward no interventions.

I fully appreciate for many reasons that hospital birth is the preferred choice and thats valid. Some people opt for a c section and thats valid. Some people want a non medicated hospital birth, thats valid. Some people want all the drugs they can have and thats valid. We are so lucky to live in a country where you have the choice, initially.

Someone choosing to home birth is not a reckless off hand decision and the majority choosing home birth will have discussed it with a health professional who has essentially 'signed it off'

Unless we personally know the full ins and outs of there pregnancy notes/health history you cant judge.
You can resuscitate at home, but the outcome tends to be worse- I think that needs to be made clear!

Reactions: 5
In her photo in the mirror Hannah posted I thought she’d like shaved half her hair off, oh no it’s just greasily stuck down to her head 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
You can resuscitate at home, but the outcome tends to be worse- I think that needs to be made clear!
My son was born not breathing, no heartbeat. It took 6 minutes to resuscitate him. He was then diagnosed with sepsis and possibly meningitis. I would not have wanted all of that to be dealt with in my home, and not just because of concerns over standards of care, but I'd feel like that experience would taint our home. But that may be just how I am. I relive things when I see certain objects, smell certain smells etc. Thankfully my son is absolutely fine but I can't even begin to imagine the alternative. It took 8 staff. Do you get 8 staff at a home birth? Apologies for any ignorance here but after a traumatic birth, I personally couldn't hope to relax into a home birth. Respect to those who do but why put yourself through that fear? Genuinely interested in a response to this if anyone has one? ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My son was born not breathing, no heartbeat. It took 6 minutes to resuscitate him. He was then diagnosed with sepsis and possibly meningitis. I would not have wanted all of that to be dealt with in my home, and not just because of concerns over standards of care, but I'd feel like that experience would taint our home. But that may be just how I am. I relive things when I see certain objects, smell certain smells etc. Thankfully my son is absolutely fine but I can't even begin to imagine the alternative. It took 8 staff. Do you get 8 staff at a home birth? Apologies for any ignorance here but after a traumatic birth, I personally couldn't hope to relax into a home birth. Respect to those who do but why put yourself through that fear? Genuinely interested in a response to this if anyone has one? ❤
Because going near a hospital caused me to have panic attacks.

I was treated absolutely abhorrently in hospital. I wouldnt treat an animal the way I was treated. As Ive said previously its caused me so many mental health issues throughout my life since having my eldest. Both of my kids were born completely fine and no issues with my babies so that wasnt ever really on my mind, all research I read and discussions I had with midwives supported tbe train of thought that there was no higher risk to my second child to be born at home than in hospital. I had all my pre natal appointments at home, I found that aspect of it very relaxing, no medical buildings or smells which was a trigger for me. I had the same midwife through all of my pre natal care. When my waters broke at home very late at night she text me continually to check on me and when she knew which midwives would be attending my birth she text them for updates.

The continuity of care made such a difference to me and I got a lot of support from my midwife. In my health trust all routine pre natal appointments are not carried out by community midwives unless you are having a home birth.

I can fully appreciate if youve had a sick baby in the past why you wouldnt want to home birth and had that happened to me I may well have chosen a different path. I was happy and confident with the facts given to me by my midwife. FWIW you are required to sign a document with all of this on it or you were when I had my youngest. So you do get the facts. AIMS is also a very good source for facts.

I would never judge anyone for choosing a hospital birth as Id assume (maybe wrongly) that they were making the correct choice for themselves and as said previously its a completely valid choice and for the majority of women where they do give birth.

Therefore I think its respectful to respect the choice of those women who want to home birth. Noone wants there baby to die or have complications but maternal health physical and mental is so important and for some for whatever reason hospital would be a last resort.

Reactions: 2
Because going near a hospital caused me to have panic attacks.

I was treated absolutely abhorrently in hospital. I wouldnt treat an animal the way I was treated. As Ive said previously its caused me so many mental health issues throughout my life since having my eldest. Both of my kids were born completely fine and no issues with my babies so that wasnt ever really on my mind, all research I read and discussions I had with midwives supported tbe train of thought that there was no higher risk to my second child to be born at home than in hospital. I had all my pre natal appointments at home, I found that aspect of it very relaxing, no medical buildings or smells which was a trigger for me. I had the same midwife through all of my pre natal care. When my waters broke at home very late at night she text me continually to check on me and when she knew which midwives would be attending my birth she text them for updates.

The continuity of care made such a difference to me and I got a lot of support from my midwife. In my health trust all routine pre natal appointments are not carried out by community midwives unless you are having a home birth.

I can fully appreciate if youve had a sick baby in the past why you wouldnt want to home birth and had that happened to me I may well have chosen a different path. I was happy and confident with the facts given to me by my midwife. FWIW you are required to sign a document with all of this on it or you were when I had my youngest. So you do get the facts. AIMS is also a very good source for facts.

I would never judge anyone for choosing a hospital birth as Id assume (maybe wrongly) that they were making the correct choice for themselves and as said previously its a completely valid choice and for the majority of women where they do give birth.

Therefore I think its respectful to respect the choice of those women who want to home birth. Noone wants there baby to die or have complications but maternal health physical and mental is so important and for some for whatever reason hospital would be a last resort.
No, that's what I meant, if you'd had issues with birth/s in the past. Not if you'd had perfectly healthy babies but terrible standards of care. As others stated, Gemma had a traumatic birth first time around and has been advised against a home birth (I think I read that) so I meant to ask women who'd had traumatic births that weren't down to standards of care from medical professionals, why they choose a potentially risky home birth against advice?

No, that's what I meant, if you'd had issues with birth/s in the past. Not if you'd had perfectly healthy babies but terrible standards of care. As others stated, Gemma had a traumatic birth first time around and has been advised against a home birth (I think I read that) so I meant to ask women who'd had traumatic births that weren't down to standards of care from medical professionals, why they choose a potentially risky home birth against advice?
I suppose it depends on the advice. My friend had a poorly baby first time, had her second at home no issues and baby was over 10lbs. There was concerns there but I know she did go through all the risks with a consultant, she'd also had a previous c section.

Only a medical professional would be able to tell you the figures in regards to risk and/or the same thing happening again.

I dont have all the figures to hand atm, its been a few years since Ive been pregnant but if you look at say 'over due dates' stastistics for your average natural pregnancy (no IVF where they know exact dates) you will see things said like babies who get to 41 weeks are twice as likely to be still born so you should be induced but those numbers are very small anyway and that is usually comparing spontaneous labour to spontaneous labour at 38 weeks vs 41 weeks for example.

How many babies die as a result of being induced? What is the percentage of that? What if the dates are out and your baby ends up being premature? Both my kids were born at gestations 3 weeks apart, based on dates at my 12 week scans. Both came out the exact same weights. Neither showed signs of being over due or premature when born. By my own dates they were born at the same gestation.

Other countries like France dont even consider you over due until 42 weeks.

Every single situation is different and unless you know exactly what happened in the first pregnancy /labour / birth no way of knowing exactly the risk and chances of history repeating itself. Id assume that any woman choosing to birth at home or hospital after a previously poor outcome or bad experience has made an informed choice and its not a choice thats been made half hazardly.

Id hope anyway :(

Can we move away from this? It’s a very emotive subject, and sure to upset people. Let’s switch back to Aldi chocolate and greasy hair? 🙏🏻

Reactions: 48
I physically cannot wear a midi skirt. I feel like if I put one on, I'd morph into a creep that says 'babein'' and only feel like myself next to a pastel wall or while I'm eating overcooked pasta and ignoring my kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I physically cannot wear a midi skirt. I feel like if I put one on, I'd morph into a creep that says 'babein'' and only feel like myself next to a pastel wall or while I'm eating overcooked pasta and ignoring my kids.
I’ve bought a few and they’re so incredibly unflattering 😆 mine are firmly staying in the wardrobe!

• Haha
Hang on... didn’t Hannah say she bought a rip off colour match shade? She’s not making enough off the Leopard 10 for Farrow and Ball 😂

• Haha
Good that Disney Star has launched. Hannah has more than likely completed Netflix.
and god knows she needs something to watch with all that easter chocolate she has already bought :LOL:

maybe I am being irrational, but I don't get why she has stories explaining the lifting of lockdown, surely people get this advice from the news rather than some shallow influencer? Posting things like opinions of tv shows/chocolate whatever makes sense, but this really doesn't

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.