Hannah Gale #4 Hubba hubba ding dong, The Leopard won’t be around for long!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
E8C65E8E-98F5-4EFD-8CFB-4E6E37C98F2A.jpeg

For someone who has worked professionally as a journo you’d think she would realise how hard it is to read this font

Reactions: 10
Why have I just read her article mentioning her ‘pubes’ 🤮 just say ‘below my bikini line’ you’re not a 14 year old boy.

loads of grammar mistakes and weird phrasing. Very cringey. Also don’t buy for one minute she’s accepted her actual size and doesn’t care about the number on the label when she constantly says she had to size up.

It’s just not very sincere when her actions would suggest the opposite of this body acceptance and positivity.

Reactions: 10
just catching up on their insta, anyone else think it js kind of ridiculous of gemma, having had a really difficult first birth, to want to have a home birth ?

Reactions: 5
just catching up on their insta, anyone else think it js kind of ridiculous of gemma, having had a really difficult first birth, to want to have a home birth ?
I think those 'have the birth you want' books are a bit dangerous and ridiculous - birth is wild and things can go very wrong very fast. PTSD relating to birth trauma is real - but it would be better to have therapy and work through the situation. Reading a load of 'manifest the girl boss bad witch birth you want' bullshit is just evading the real issues and isn't a great way to manage real risks.

Reactions: 14
I think generally speaking, it would depend why the first birth was difficult (Louise Pentland for example had a difficult first birth but a very calm second birth after doing hypnobirthing) but the fact that Gemma had a small baby who was in special care first time round would put me off, personally.

Reactions: 7
I think those 'have the birth you want' books are a bit dangerous and ridiculous - birth is wild and things can go very wrong very fast. PTSD relating to birth trauma is real - but it would be better to have therapy and work through the situation. Reading a load of 'manifest the girl boss bad witch birth you want' bullshit is just evading the real issues and isn't a great way to manage real risks.
yeah I agree, also she is just re reading the same books again, how does she think the result will change?

No. I had a difficult instrumental first birth. Absolutely no guidance from the hospital or health care professionals on keeping active, staying up right to help the process. Had a bad tear etc. Was left in hospital on my own with a new baby that I couldnt even get out of bed to tend to. It was an absolutely traumatic experience.

Had my 2nd child at home, unmedicated, supportive health care professionals, a lot more research by me and it was wonderful. It healed me.

I wont be having any more kids but if I did Id have a home birth. FWIW I live v close to hospital but for the most part you would be transferred at the first sign there was any issues that the midwives would not be able to deal with.

Its a very personal choice that a woman has to make for herself. There is so much scorn and judgment put on women who choose to home birth in my experience when in reality we have did a lot of research and also had discussions with health professionals who will have agreed it is a safe course of action.

I can completely understand why someone would opt for a hospital birth and respect that choice.

Reactions: 6
First birth my baby was resuscitated within minutes of arrival. Second birth I almost bled to death.
if either of those births were at home someone would have died

• Sad
Reactions: 12
They can absolutely resuscitate at home. You get all the equipment delivered including oxygen prior to 37 weeks. The midwives that come to your house are often the same midwives who work in the hospital so have the exact same experience and skills/knowledge. So in a scenario like that they would make sure babe was ok and get to hospital afterwards. If there was going to be a negative outcome for that reason it would happen wherever you gave birth.

I had 2 v experienced midwives attend my home birth and a student.

We cannot make decisions based on a what if scenario. A huge percentage of births are straight forward no interventions.

I fully appreciate for many reasons that hospital birth is the preferred choice and thats valid. Some people opt for a c section and thats valid. Some people want a non medicated hospital birth, thats valid. Some people want all the drugs they can have and thats valid. We are so lucky to live in a country where you have the choice, initially.

Someone choosing to home birth is not a reckless off hand decision and the majority choosing home birth will have discussed it with a health professional who has essentially 'signed it off'

Unless we personally know the full ins and outs of there pregnancy notes/health history you cant judge.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
No. I had a difficult instrumental first birth. Absolutely no guidance from the hospital or health care professionals on keeping active, staying up right to help the process. Had a bad tear etc. Was left in hospital on my own with a new baby that I couldnt even get out of bed to tend to. It was an absolutely traumatic experience.

Had my 2nd child at home, unmedicated, supportive health care professionals, a lot more research by me and it was wonderful. It healed me.

I wont be having any more kids but if I did Id have a home birth. FWIW I live v close to hospital but for the most part you would be transferred at the first sign there was any issues that the midwives would not be able to deal with.

Its a very personal choice that a woman has to make for herself. There is so much scorn and judgment put on women who choose to home birth in my experience when in reality we have did a lot of research and also had discussions with health professionals who will have agreed it is a safe course of action.

I can completely understand why someone would opt for a hospital birth and respect that choice.
Really pleased to hear that this worked out for you.

Perhaps i was too harsh about those books. I think in some way I take them personally - as if it was my fault birth turned out the way it did because i didn't think positively enough.

Reactions: 1
Really pleased to hear that this worked out for you.

Perhaps i was too harsh about those books. I think in some way I take them personally - as if it was my fault birth turned out the way it did because i didn't think positively enough.
It's noones fault and no books or people should make you feel that way. If they do theyre bullshit or horrible people. No amount of preperation or research can prevent a medical issue regardless of where the birth is. Unfortunately. There are things that can be apparent to medical professionals pre birth that can show there may be a riskier birth but a lot of time there are no indicators.

My first birth was honestly traumatic. I had to get a debrief with the hospital afterwards and almost 10 years later I still blame myself a lot and I still discuss it with my therapist. Prior to having my first child I had absolutely no issues with my mental health and now Im medicated and struggle to cope most days despite having a positive 2nd birth. I was so scarred from my 1st birth I really struggled to even attend my scans in the hospital with my 2nd.

So Im absolutely not a manifest the birth you want type of person. It doesnt work like that. An element of luck gave me the 2nd birth I had.

I just feel the need to point out its a complex decision and noone wants to die or have there baby die in labour. Any decision made by a pregnant woman is usually the right one for her circumstances in her opinion. Y'know. Id imagine Gemma has discussed it in depth with her care provider.

Reactions: 2
It's noones fault and no books or people should make you feel that way. If they do theyre bullshit or horrible people. No amount of preperation or research can prevent a medical issue regardless of where the birth is. Unfortunately. There are things that can be apparent to medical professionals pre birth that can show there may be a riskier birth but a lot of time there are no indicators.

My first birth was honestly traumatic. I had to get a debrief with the hospital afterwards and almost 10 years later I still blame myself a lot and I still discuss it with my therapist. Prior to having my first child I had absolutely no issues with my mental health and now Im medicated and struggle to cope most days despite having a positive 2nd birth. I was so scarred from my 1st birth I really struggled to even attend my scans in the hospital with my 2nd.

So Im absolutely not a manifest the birth you want type of person. It doesnt work like that. An element of luck gave me the 2nd birth I had.

I just feel the need to point out its a complex decision and noone wants to die or have there baby die in labour. Any decision made by a pregnant woman is usually the right one for her circumstances in her opinion. Y'know. Id imagine Gemma has discussed it in depth with her care provider.
But she says in that post her doctor has said she shouldn't?
Side note but I find it amazing how many people have awful first births and choose to go through it again, I cannot imagine the courage this takes ❤

Reactions: 3
But she says in that post her doctor has said she shouldn't?
Side note but I find it amazing how many people have awful first births and choose to go through it again, I cannot imagine the courage this takes ❤
I didnt read the full post tbf so will go have a nose. I just felt the whole wrath of everyone judging me when I made the decision, and its hard when thats your family and friends making you feel like youre making a decision which will have a negative outcome. I did have a small medical issue in my 2nd pregnancy that could have increased my risk of haemorrhage but we discussed this and made an informed decision. For what its worth I had no issues in my first pregnancy and was borderline for a blood transfusion as I lost so much. With my 2nd I lost barely any blood despite there being an indication I could have.

I did have a bigger age gap than Gemma though and from any research Ive did the bigger the gap the less likely any issues like prematurity etc will repeat themselves.

Its not really courageous I so badly wanted my child to have a sibling so was prepared to do anything to achieve that. Ive been working on my mental health on and off for a long time now but ultimately having a 2nd was the right choice for us. It might not be for everyone.

I didnt read the full post tbf so will go have a nose. I just felt the whole wrath of everyone judging me when I made the decision, and its hard when thats your family and friends making you feel like youre making a decision which will have a negative outcome. I did have a small medical issue in my 2nd pregnancy that could have increased my risk of haemorrhage but we discussed this and made an informed decision. For what its worth I had no issues in my first pregnancy and was borderline for a blood transfusion as I lost so much. With my 2nd I lost barely any blood despite there being an indication I could have.

I did have a bigger age gap than Gemma though and from any research Ive did the bigger the gap the less likely any issues like prematurity etc will repeat themselves.

Its not really courageous I so badly wanted my child to have a sibling so was prepared to do anything to achieve that. Ive been working on my mental health on and off for a long time now but ultimately having a 2nd was the right choice for us. It might not be for everyone.
yeah sorry I didn't mean to come across as judgemental, women are already judged enough for pregnancy I shouldn't have contributed to it tbh.
I think that is pretty brave though, it is a big sacrifice, both physically and mentally, to make to give something to your other child

yeah sorry I didn't mean to come across as judgemental, women are already judged enough for pregnancy I shouldn't have contributed to it tbh.
I think that is pretty brave though, it is a big sacrifice, both physically and mentally, to make to give something to your other child
Its such a personal decision, really up to the individual.

I didnt think you were judging. Dont worry. I just feel its important to show the other side of the coin. I am absolutely for Maternity rights. If a woman wants a c section for example, I 100% think it should happen once the pros and cons have been discussed and its what the women wants.

This was such a thoughtful compassionate post thank you! I know we've gone off on a tangent here but I had similar experience: massive haemorrhage, blood transfusions, emergency surgery, complex tear, hospital debrief interview, PTSD symptoms etc. I'm still physically and mentally affected. I think you are very brave to face that again.

I wish Gemma had written something a bit more in depth about it all, it really felt like book promo and obviously that's only part of the decision making process.

Reactions: 4
This was such a thoughtful compassionate post thank you! I know we've gone off on a tangent here but I had similar experience: massive haemorrhage, blood transfusions, emergency surgery, complex tear, hospital debrief interview, PTSD symptoms etc. I'm still physically and mentally affected. I think you are very brave to face that again.

I wish Gemma had written something a bit more in depth about it all, it really felt like book promo and obviously that's only part of the decision making process.
the limited nature of her post didn't surprise me tbh, nothing they write on insta is really very profound. Also is Hannah trolling us with the fotos of her messy room and unmade bed?

I had a traumatic first birth and also had to have “after thoughts” clinics to discuss what actually went wrong and why. Thankfully we were all okay but we could have died. We made complaints via PALS and it went quite far against one midwife. Not something I’m pleased about but unfortunately her care was negligent.
I’m currently discussing my second birth plan with a birth trauma charity, as I’m worried Im making rash decisions in an attempt to prevent it happening again, if that makes sense? So I’m really pushing for a midwife led birth centre north even though the hospital are advising against it. I’ve even considered refusing an induction. But then the logical part of me is thinking ‘I would never make these choices if I’d had a better experience first time’. Basically I think there’s a fine line between being a better advocate for yourself but also putting yourself at unnecessary risk. I completely understand Gemmas POV, but I can see how her decisions seem risky to others.

Reactions: 4
Earlier in stories Hannah shared two goals for today, one was make a story highlight, over was update the HG10 on the homepage... 50% success rate eh lads. It's Gemma's turn to get AFF link ££££ from hg10 this fortnight, pretty crappy of Hannah to leave her own links up

Earlier in stories Hannah shared two goals for today, one was make a story highlight, over was update the HG10 on the homepage... 50% success rate eh lads. It's Gemma's turn to get AFF link ££££ from hg10 this fortnight, pretty crappy of Hannah to leave her own links up
Ooop she's just updated it! Hi Hannah!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.