Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The main reason she is stepping away is because she’s realised she won’t be able to get money from this soon, partly because of your efforts guys (well done on emailing those brands and commenting but also the following didn’t get off to a great start).

I appreciate the words in her statement, I wonder if the people who have been hurt by her actions also accept it but that’s not up to me to decide.
Us nonbloggers very quickly figured out what the best thing to do would be as opposed to running away from social media and avoiding the topic of racism. She genuinely thought she could get away with it...well she thought wrong!!!! The only thing that pissed me off was the mentioning of allyship...a group of racist white women saying it’s ok to be racist is not allyship. To be honest, she got what she deserved, I’m glad she won’t be able to make money off her half hearted, racist writing. Hopefully see you never Hannah. Please just focus on something else of LEARN SOMETHING for once girl. Your kids are growing up slowly, you should be too.

Reactions: 19

bugeyeboo

Another reason I think she quit again is because she has totally lost the respect of her blogging peers. People she looked up to and wanted to become friends with when she was a new blogger have turned their backs on her. It’s not so much running away from an anonymous audience it’s running away from the judgement of her blogging ‘colleagues’

Reactions: 19

Yoyolady

Chatty Member
Oh god all the sycophants saying how ‘brave’ they are. No, they don’t want to lose the affiliate cash- nothing is more blatantly obvious.

Reactions: 18

barryjones

VIP Member
She doesn’t need to flounce off again. She needs to use her voice to educate all the people who follow her and seemingly think this isn’t a big deal? Might give her a bit of get up and go to blog about something other than midi skirts and chocolate. She could really turn this into something but I get the impression she doesn’t like hard work.

• Heart

Esme

VIP Member
I was a huge Hannah fan when I first found her years ago. It may be because I was local too that she appealed. I also loved Chloe (still do, her content has matured recently and she seems quite considerate about what she has posted this year). I was absolutely horrified when Hannah left SM and I read here the reasons why, I’d never really read her blog but just followed her on Instagram.

I am shocked beyond belief she has the balls to come back so fast, but also as if nothing happened, as others have said she’s just taken her maternity leave and is back. However I truly hope all of the comments, backlash and negativity cause her to give up this shitty “new” venture. It is not the content we want or need right now especially from her.

so relieved Chloe has stepped away and unfollowed! I was reading about the response to the Sainsbury’s Christmas advert and was so incredibly gutted to see the things people had said. Sometimes I just cannot understand why anybody would be racist and why have these people not learnt from BLM, it’s just heart breaking. I’m sure we won’t see the leopard addressing this very real and disappointing issue either to show support for Sainsbury’s 🤔

JellyDonut

VIP Member
Honestly it sounds like a 40yr old man’s name who had a midlife crisis after his recent divorce left him broke, so he’s started calling himself Ziggy to sound “in” with the younger people in his office

Imagine calling these kids in a park. Or even better, in the supermarket when they're laid on the floor, screaming.

ATTICUS, ZIGGINGTON, DESIST AT ONCE.
Hannah wouldn’t take both kids to the supermarket herself don’t be silly. That’s why she’s got her dad there for her childcare bubble 😂

• Haha

Iced Coffee

God, I hadn't updated myself on this thread in ages and I came back to a roller coaster. Hannah LEAVES THE INTERNET...but then she MAKES A NEW BLOG...but then the BLOG IS CALLED OUT AND SHE FLEES...and then she COMES BACK TO BEGRUDINGLY POST ARTICLES ABOUT ANTI-RACIST THEORY THAT SHE'LL REGURGITATE FROM A 30 SECOND GOOGLE SEARCH.

I agree with others above and think all of this is performative, none of this is genuine. If she actually wanted to change and better herself she would have either 1) acknowledged it on her original account or 2) started this new venture with a proper apology to clear the air. Before I thought Hannah was an idiot, but a fairly harmless one. Watching her purposely refuse to fight back against racism until she was forced no other option... Wow. She's a shit human being who knows exactly what she's doing.

For me, any work she does going forward is tainted. I will never trust any "progress" she makes.

Starttheline

VIP Member
She's back lads!

Hannah is back, with a new mate and a new (old) blog. Not a whisper of an apology or an explanation of where she's been, just the classic midi skirts, aldi chocolate and childcare woes.

She may or may not have named her new child Ziggy, to be confirmed.

New thread title thanks to @Lovecat90, full title was 'A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name. It's just a Gale, maybe it will blow over?'

Previous thread: https://tattle.life/threads/hannah-gale-3-key-worker-childcare-shirker-bed-lurker.6185/

Instafamous1

VIP Member
Ok what planet did Hannah or that other woman ever think that this venture was going to be successful? Did Hannah expect to go “soz for the racist slur lads, here’s a pointless story about sainsburys new Christmas sandwich”
People don’t forget stuff like this

• Haha

ADBABE

Chatty Member
I find it odd she always refers to her and her boyfriend looking after their son as “childcare” to me that’s something a nanny/nursery do! It’s very obvious from that post that she thought she would be able to just lounge around in bed when she felt ill/tired but that’s just not the reality for 90% of regular pregnant women with toddlers! I hope she realises now what a privileged position she was in, I had to under two at one point with my husband back at work after his two week paternity leave, it’s called reality

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
'Soz lads but we've followed some POC accounts so...'

Personal blog? No it was your job, your brand, your whole identity. Not some personal diary you used to jot down your feelings.

That is a piss poor attempt. Its not even an apology. I am absolutely flabbergasted.
This 👏👏 it wasn't a personal blog at all! She had 90k followers on Instagram.

JellyDonut

VIP Member
They posted this last Monday, fishing for sponsorship opportunities.

I wonder whether Cosmo will do a follow up to that piece about us bullying Hannah off the internet...
Wait Cosmo wrote about us bullying her off the internet?

Oh god they did as well. And they used one of my comments - I’m famous LADS!

• Haha

slugella

VIP Member
No one needs 7000+ people to hear them...and very few deserve it.
Love this, really interesting. It's interesting to think of the reason why people want followers, and seems the majority now is for ego, an easy ride, and free stuff. Hannah came back to talk about sandwiches, and seems to think that deserves thousands of followers and partnerships with brands? It baffles me how many of her followers seem to think this is good content worthy of engaging with.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Pinkii

VIP Member
I really hope she takes the comments onboard about not walking away because if she does, it shows she has not learnt a thing. She can definitely come back from this, if she shows she has grown as an influencer and writer.

I genuinely liked Hannah, followed her from my 20’s and her style of writing andher topics fitted in with my life (her target audience) but I feel i grew and she didn’t, her writing stayed the same, her topics didnt reasonate with me, a woman in her 30’s.

barryjones

VIP Member
I think everyone acting like they are so ‘woke’ they have never even heard the word is lying 😂 I will admit I used to think it was a shortered name for the Chinese (ignorant on my part and obviously now I know otherwise)
It was probably the same case for Hannah, however she has completely handled it wrong And hasn’t showed that she has educated herself in any way and admitted she completely ignored the messages asking her to take it down. If she had just admitted she didn’t understand the Word and apologised we may not even be having this convo!
I’m mid 30s and northern and I knew the word and knew it had racist connotations when I was a teenager. I’m not trying to come across ‘woke’ (??) I’m just saying she can’t be excused. She’s younger than me and also was informed about her use of the word months and months ago. She’s handled this appallingly.

you’re right - if she’d held her hands up and said I’m so sorry people around me used it and I never educated myself on the meaning blah blah maybe people would be more forgiving. But ‘Soz lads I’m a bit thick’ isn’t it.