Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
She’s just stuck in the listicles / Metro / Look days which is where I’m presuming she met Gemma Yates. Even the name “The Leopard” reminds me of Eric Davies’s book “Leopard is a Neutral” who was an editor at Look at the same time Hannah was there. All her content is rehashed from press releases or the old drivel from her old blog. The one deviation seems to be the “masturbation” post but even that is treading terribly closely to ex-bff Chloe Plumstead’s usual offerings. Like others have said previously I think many of us are ex fans of Hannah’s and it’s just such a shame she’s shown no self development the whole time we’ve followed her.

Reactions: 19

Underpants

I am in my 30sand had also never even heard anyone use it. I cannot imagine it is a common word unless you are a UKIP voter tbh
This is so bang on.

And how she dragged her family down in her first statement, saying they all said it.

Still cracks me up it's defined as a news site, when there is so much actual news going on. 'Woman has painless routine test before planned hospital procedure', 'shop sells skirt' and 'restaurant updates menu' don't really cut the mustard in 2020!

• Haha

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
I was surprised when Hannah announced she was having another child to be honest. It always seemed like Atti was an inconvenience to her. She doesn’t seem like a natural mother, which is ok, but there’s really no need to document your loathing of your children to over ten thousand strangers. Her attempt at being relatable just comes across as mean.

Also, the purple wall/ donut post 🤦🏻‍♀️ Just f**k off Hannah. Lazy lazy lazy.

Willow1

No apology but instead played the victim and made out she needed to come off social media for her suffering mental health but didn't come off social media at all, just set up a new personal Instagram and then put her new relaunched blog on hold while she took a maternity leave and just renamed it something else with her mate she thought she could hide behind. Her behaviour was vile before but this is just even worse. Literally no accountability or remorse

Attachments

Lovecat90

She's desperately trying to be Jo Elvin I reckon. Look at me, a magazine founder and editor writing shite about self love I found from illustrators on the Internet and not paid them for and look at this sneaky brand deal I'm trying to secure my kissing their arse.
I messaged one of the illustrators she used in that post - they didn't ask permission and she had no idea her brand was being associated with HG. She knows she was racist and hasn't supported her content for years. If I was her, I'd call her out for using her content without permission. HG is a total disgrace.

• Wow

Willow1

They've opened up comments to everyone on their posts now and probably stopped censoring key words too.
This is the issue really, she only changes things when she's under extreme pressure to, she only apologises once she is backed into a corner.
Would she have ever released The Statement if she hadn't received negative comments? No way! She wanted to reappear and rehash the same aldi special buys, midi skirts, crime drama blog posts. Hoping everyone had forgotten about it. Would she have taken limited comments off if people hadn't called her out for it? No. Would she have kept certain words hidden if people hadn't noticed. Yes. She only apologised first time around when she was publically outed.

Rosella89

Pretty sure they should have been social distancing during that little meet up, or at least not rubbing up against each other... no wonder COVID has never fucked off!

Underpants

I wonder whether today's silence is:
Because they're preparing a new statement addressing the situation
Or
Because they're waiting for a new press release to rewrite
Or
Because they've hired a consultant to sort out the mess they're in
Or
Because they're considering whether to continue the site
Or
Because they think another 24 hours will mean things blow over
Or
Because they are working out how to update the social media buttons which still direct to Hannah's defunct accounts

Last edited:
  • Haha

Rosella89

Come on Hannah, I’m struggling here. Need some inspirational photos of you in a vile jumper tucked into a fucking horrible shiny midi skirt holding a cheap bunch of flowers at a weird angle in front of a pastel wall to help me get through the week!

• Haha

barryjones

VIP Member
I think she’s fucked it. If she had come back with a different approach and made actual changes she could have made it work. The blocking of words and not condemning the racist-apologisers in her comments has fucked it now. It’s not good enough.

UsernameLeah

Was she following before and unfollowed or did she never follow to begin with? Must be quite a fickle friendship as if that was your real friend you’d still show your support
Chloe is very big on anti-racism and BLM. She’s always championed black artists, way before it became a trend. It would damage her brand to be associated with Hannah at the moment. For all we know they can still be friends, but agreeing not to follow each other publicly - though I wouldn’t be surprised if Hannah’s refusal to do better ended up killing the friendship.

At the very least she needs to address her white audience to let them know she fucked up and THEY fucked up for trying to defend her, before she leaves. Letting your audience get away with thinking ppl should 'get over it' is not the one, Hannah.

Inclusivity isn't just putting BIPOC on your platform, it's about making it a good space for them to be. And letting white tears into your comments section is NOT the what to do that.

In a shock turn of events, you might need to alienate racists in order to be anti-racist... What a concept...

She’s hired a PR person! (I am one myself, it’s clear when one has infiltrated 😂) there’s no way they’ve written that statement themselves. Fleeing again. Sigh.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
What 25-45 year old is concerned about a new flavour from Nandos? My son is 8 and its his favourite restaurant. I tolerate it because he likes it. Its over priced chicken I can make at home.

VinoHobbs

Her writing hasn’t matured because she can’t seem to grow up! She lives in the past still thinks she’s 18 waiting for Thursday night to go to "The Pier" nightclub and have a VK in each hand and do a little slut drop to flo rida!! It’s actually so embarrassing!!!
Ahh, The Pier, those were the days! Then onto blue ocean for chips en route to the taxi rank.
I was in bloody Aldi today, just missed her I imagine 😆 I did see her in there back in the summer just after she flounced. She was behind me at the checkout and I shit you not, all she was buying pretzel chocolate, sour dough and flowers. She was wearing that horrific H&M tent dress with leaves all over it (needed an iron) 😁

• Haha

dressagediva

Backlash aside, is this really what The Leopard was going to be? I don’t understand the timing of it when she’s still got a small baby, the country is in lockdown, the run up to Christmas, I mean, why couldn’t she wait for the new year? New year new start sort of thing? Would have given her more time to create more thoughtful content, invite more contributors? So odd.
She's doing it for the affiliate link income potential before Christmas.

• Angry
  • Sad

TruffleTrifle

Wow it’s been what, a week?? Didn’t even get a chance to chat to you lads, been so busy!!
Unfortunately for her, 2020 has shown that as consumers we want something better for our content than a rehash of Cosmo in blog form. I work with some of the biggest brands in the world and they put SO much work into campaigns and projects and think about what they will be discussing on SM almost 18 months ahead with a few gaps planned for spontaneity. She needs to work very hard to make this work and that’s without her appalling behaviour and ignorance about using a slur then not apologising properly.