Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

girly1025

maybe it's because I'm from the US but what in the heck is a Colin the Caterpillar cake / face. They are CREEPY looking......

• Sad
Reactions: 1

Hc68759

VIP Member
I wonder how they’ll pay their guest writers properly when they themselves are probably not earning much/anything from The Leopard at the moment.

emm

VIP Member
I am so confused about the food content she posts, is it sponsored? she seems to post a lot of stuff for M&S

ClaraF

Looks like Alex from The Frugality has finally unfollowed the “new” account. I’m suprised she’s got 7k of followers 😩

emm

VIP Member
Oh yes!! A Colin the caterpillar birthday cake is a rite of passage.
controversial opinion... I am british and have never had one! I think maybe it must be because part of my childhood was outside the UK I guess

emm

VIP Member
have they posted anything this year so far? I haven;t checked since the saga last year

emm

VIP Member
Long time lurker here... I genuinely cannot believe how half arsed that apology is. It’s PAINFULLY obvious that she’s only posting it because she feels she has to - not exactly the mark of a genuine apology. I’d say she must be mortified but don’t think she’s got the self awareness for that kind of thing
I don't get why she points out that it was in a "personal" post, surely her whole blog was personal?

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one thinking this was odd! I don’t really think about who an author is when I’m reading so I couldn’t tell you how many were poc. And how lucky that they had all the physical books for a pretty picture, not kindle books.
Exactly! Having kids I find a kindle so much easier to pick up and put down. I hardly ever get the chance to read proper books these days. I have so many books in my 'to read' pile. With kindle books I can swap between my kindle and phone/ipad so easily to pick my book up and down.

emm

VIP Member
One of the brands I messaged replied to me! This is what they said:

"Thank you so much for your message and for bringing this to our attention. Any posts on her new blog are not endorsed by us and we will not be working with her on any collaborations."

Please, if you have a spare few minutes, message the brands she is targeting and ask them not to gift her anything or work with her and that you as a customer will not support them if they do. It works.
I really wonder what she will do when the brand deals start to dry up. Has she ever explained why she needs childcare help from her dad when she "works" from home anyway? Or has she split up with Chris and moved out?

dlevan

Chatty Member
Quite clear they both thought this was something that would die down and people would forget happened.
I can imagine behind doors they are furious people care this much!
I followed her a couple of years ago then unfollowed her now I’m interested... what’s happened? Sorry I’m way behind

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
Ah looks like they've hit 10k somehow
I guess the only saving grace here is that they're having to do a bit of work. They're not getting to put out only the regurgitated nonsense they would if they hadn't been called out. They're having to share their space, promote things they don't know about therefore have to research. Still, the 10k isn't deserved. Wonder what the first #affiliate will be? A sandwich maybe?