Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think everyone acting like they are so ‘woke’ they have never even heard the word is lying 😂 I will admit I used to think it was a shortered name for the Chinese (ignorant on my part and obviously now I know otherwise)
It was probably the same case for Hannah, however she has completely handled it wrong And hasn’t showed that she has educated herself in any way and admitted she completely ignored the messages asking her to take it down. If she had just admitted she didn’t understand the Word and apologised we may not even be having this convo!
I’m mid 30s and northern and I knew the word and knew it had racist connotations when I was a teenager. I’m not trying to come across ‘woke’ (??) I’m just saying she can’t be excused. She’s younger than me and also was informed about her use of the word months and months ago. She’s handled this appallingly.

you’re right - if she’d held her hands up and said I’m so sorry people around me used it and I never educated myself on the meaning blah blah maybe people would be more forgiving. But ‘Soz lads I’m a bit thick’ isn’t it.

Reactions: 17
That follower defending her by saying it’s a word half the population uses should also have alarmed her. These are the kind of followers she has attracted. This is a chance to educate others. By shutting down the conversation she’s become the poster girl for ignorance.

Reactions: 26
Oh bless Hannah, she’s been reading our comments and seen we know Ziggy’s name so has gone and had a clear out of followers on her personal account!! Looks like you deleted the wrong people!! Not everyone thinks you’re a top lad hun!!!

This is why she missed work lads
omg this is brilliant! I know you'll be careful but plz be extra careful she doesn't do a Colleen Rooney and go all Wagatha Christie trying to find out who you are!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That follower defending her by saying it’s a word half the population uses should also have alarmed her. These are the kind of followers she has attracted. This is a chance to educate others. By shutting down the conversation she’s become the poster girl for ignorance.
This! I’m actually disgusted she hasn’t responded to that comment saying she doesn’t agree and recognises it as unacceptable and ignorant.

Reactions: 9
It's a post from her Instagram account not her secret diary
True, but it just sits funny with me. It may not be a secret diary, but it sits behind a certain wall of privacy. I don’t know, just my opinion

Reactions: 5
She will undoubtedly come out with some sort of ‘woe is me cancel culture’ post about people asking for some responsibility and follow through from her racist actions but the truth is she is simply too lazy to do the work. How is this IG page and blog ever going to work if they have to restrict comments til the end of time? They need to give it up.

Reactions: 4
Yes, to an extent I agree but she was what, in her mid-20s using the slur? It's quite widely known to be a racist slur, and since she studied at Kingston so she must have had at least some contact with people from different backgrounds. Unless she existed in a vaccum there was really no excuse for her to have used that term.

Ignoring the issue and posting a half-baked apology only makes it worse imo.
Omg I totally agree with you, I don't want anyone to think I'm excusing her behavior it's DEPLORABLE. But I guess my point is while the action is undeniably crappy (ignorance never an excuse), the ensuing shitshow of her behavior has made it 1000000x worse.

Like if she'd a) addressed it at the time, b) apologised properly and c) made it explicit in what 'work' she was doing to be a better person, I highly doubt she'd be in the position she's in.

This bleeping hits the nail on the HEAD. Hannah the racism is coming FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE. How can you claim to be an inclusive platform when you're letting out and out racists post without any repercussions???

Reactions: 17
Omg I totally agree with you, I don't want anyone to think I'm excusing her behavior it's DEPLORABLE. But I guess my point is while the action is undeniably crappy (ignorance never an excuse), the ensuing shitshow of her behavior has made it 1000000x worse.

Like if she'd a) addressed it at the time, b) apologised properly and c) made it explicit in what 'work' she was doing to be a better person, I highly doubt she'd be in the position she's in.

This bleeping hits the nail on the HEAD. Hannah the racism is coming FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE. How can you claim to be an inclusive platform when you're letting out and out racists post without any repercussions???
Yeah, avoiding it sends out a message that she doesn't even care for the hurt / offence she caused.

Reactions: 4

That’s exactly what I was trying to say that everyone makes mistakes although admittedly this is a monumental duck up - she could have held her hands up and admitted that she needs to take some time to educate herself rather than just burying her head then returning like nothing happened

Reactions: 1
Backlash aside, is this really what The Leopard was going to be? I don’t understand the timing of it when she’s still got a small baby, the country is in lockdown, the run up to Christmas, I mean, why couldn’t she wait for the new year? New year new start sort of thing? Would have given her more time to create more thoughtful content, invite more contributors? So odd.

Reactions: 16
Backlash aside, is this really what The Leopard was going to be? I don’t understand the timing of it when she’s still got a small baby, the country is in lockdown, the run up to Christmas, I mean, why couldn’t she wait for the new year? New year new start sort of thing? Would have given her more time to create more thoughtful content, invite more contributors? So odd.
I don't think it would matter how much time she had, the content would be the same lazy rubbish it was before the racism issue

She's doing it for the affiliate link income potential before Christmas.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I think she thought she’d get over 10k very quickly and could get the Christmas swipe ups! You can tell they expected that by the way they keep having to say link in bio all the time.

Reactions: 7
She's doing it for the affiliate link income potential before Christmas.
I think if this is what she is hoping for she will be mistaken, no one is really going mad with shopping at xmas this year (except perhaps the founder of zoom :LOL:)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't think it would matter how much time she had, the content would be the same lazy rubbish it was before the racism issue
Yeah, they wrote about the Sainsbury's Christmas sandwich. Inspiring stuff.

I grew up in the North East of England and can absolutely assure you that it’s common practice to say it there - or at least was in the 90s/00s. So I imagine, depending on where that commenter comes from, it might have been all they knew for a while that people around them said it...
I’m from Yorkshire and everyone said it in the 90’s/00’s I agree. I don’t hear anyone say it now apart from one person who writes it on fb “candles on, movies and c.... night” always makes me feel so queasy

• Wow
I’m from Yorkshire and everyone said it in the 90’s/00’s I agree. I don’t hear anyone say it now apart from one person who writes it on fb “candles on, movies and c.... night” always makes me feel so queasy
This whole conversation has actually been really interesting, I had never thought about it, ,but I am from London and I never heard the c word in "real life" (maybe in like a documentary about racism in the past or something) but (and I had totally forgotten this until now) at high school in the early 00s lots of people did use the P word as standard. I had just moved back to the UK at the time and had no idea what it meant for ages, but I cannot ever remember using it myself as it is something my parents would have def called me out on. However, what I do remember (mid 00s) at uni is the prevalence of people (myself included) using the phrase "half cast" as it it meant mixed race. I had no idea of the highly derogatory reason for it until a flatmate in first year explained it to me and haven't used it since (obviously), it is interesting how much things have changed, thankfully.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.