Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

UsernameLeah

“What Hannah wrote absolutely needed addressing. She needed to know it was wrong. And, done in the right way, calling people out online can be a tool for growth and education.“

Done the right way? Like how, the way we messaged her for years, left comments on the post itself - comments that she DELETED then claimed she “never saw”? Oh, do shut up, Ellie Abraham. What, your pal told you a sob story that you ate because like her you probably saw nothing terribly wrong with that slur? Trolls overreacting, going about things “the wrong way”, eh? Nothing to do with Hannah being a liar, not giving a shit to followers, exploiting BLM and the body positive movement when it suited her for her own gain, making up stories about people wishing death upon her baby and that she “never reads messages” - EXCEPT the ones sucking up to her, that she regularly screen printed and posted on her stories to prove a point whenever she was called out by “cruel people”. Do her DMs have a “suckers only” filter?
What a load of bull that article is.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I think everyone acting like they are so ‘woke’ they have never even heard the word is lying 😂 I will admit I used to think it was a shortered name for the Chinese (ignorant on my part and obviously now I know otherwise)
It was probably the same case for Hannah, however she has completely handled it wrong And hasn’t showed that she has educated herself in any way and admitted she completely ignored the messages asking her to take it down. If she had just admitted she didn’t understand the Word and apologised we may not even be having this convo!
I've heard it but I've always recognised it to be a racist slur. She wasn't an 80 year old using the term in the 50s, she was a young woman writing this in 2013 where it was pretty widely known to be offensive and she should have known better. There really is no excuse to use it, if she was ignorant about its meaning she should have educated herself instead of avoiding the issue.

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
Come on Hannah, I’m struggling here. Need some inspirational photos of you in a vile jumper tucked into a fucking horrible shiny midi skirt holding a cheap bunch of flowers at a weird angle in front of a pastel wall to help me get through the week!
Don't forget the casual mid-guffaw face. 'Oh my, I have been caught belly-laughing at my own casual racism. But look at my cowboy boots, LADS!'

• Haha

Artaud

Hannah doesn’t deserve redemption. She quite clearly didn’t see anything wrong in using the C word, she had ample opportunities to amend the blogpost before the situation blew up and when it did Hannah didn’t even have the decency to apologise.

In my opinion anything Hannah does/says going forward isn’t Hannah being remorseful, educated or changing herself it’s just going to be a series of posts/statements that she feels she needs to make in order to keep earning easy money.

JellyDonut

VIP Member
When she made her “goodbye cruel Instagram world” speech before she left she said that her “skin was never thick enough for the influencer world”. Are we supposed to believe that within 5 months and having a baby has made her any better? This is why she’s coupled up with this random Gemma Yates woman. So she can deal with any of the negative nitty gritty stuff and Hannah can just post about midi skirts

blossombloss

Chatty Member
Quite clear they both thought this was something that would die down and people would forget happened.
I can imagine behind doors they are furious people care this much!

• Haha

Lemonadestrawberry

Jesus Christ. Bit soon after the other one, surely? But very much still as shit. It amuses me how they have tagged the leopard at the bottom of this one, they must have realized that they missed a trick last time. So desperate, good lord.

• Haha

Underpants

The amount of attention she pays to her own menstrual cycle (and number of posts about it!) And *this* is all she eventually came up with? First, minimising her role, secondly insisting she's so thick she's not racist, and thirdly pretending her blog - her brand, her job - was some super secret *~personal diary.

100 % agree, chose not to then, and then has refused to do so now as well (despite in both cases people advising her to!!!!!!!). How can you foster dialogue when blocking terms like BLM or racism?!
For me blocking words was the last straw.
such a terrible thing to do and she did it not by accident, but because she thought no one would ever find out.
To me, the real racists are those who continue doing it when they know better. She had/has no intention of bettering herself and I hope she never returns.

• Heart

Sounimpressed

Chatty Member
Thr first line after Hello... basically shows she was taken aback at the reaction to the launch and wasn't intending to address it. She thought it was over or she would have been proactive & addressed it maybe pre launch?

Daisymai

1C13C2F8-59CA-42C4-BD28-5A3958B57101.png
Came across this when looking for the website.. That is a very wide demographic they are aiming for! I can’t imagine many 45 year olds interested in sandwiches and Percy pig cakes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

JellyDonut

VIP Member
They quoted me saying she was a nasty lurking flu 😂😂😂
Pretty sure I was the “SHIT ME she’s leaving!” 😂

You’re a total girlbabe boss hun on the route to world domination now 😉
Thank you so much lads it’s been a pleasure. I couldn’t have done it without Aldi’s salted pretzel chocolate or Hannah’s pineapple fried rice recipe. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to go and lie down - I’ve done enough work for the week

• Haha
  • Heart

barryjones

VIP Member
How fucking lazy. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt after their apology and promise to do better but this is literally the BARE MINIMUM.

How about you reach out to bloggers and influencers that you admire and think your followers might enjoy? Do some research on current issues and highlight those? The fact they've typed a couple of sentences asking someone else to do all the leg work says it all.

Move out of the way for someone better to fill the space you're taking up.

Amyb97

I can’t believe she’s blocked certain words from appearing on her profile. That’s a new low. She’s like Donald trump

I’m shocked she hasn’t owned up and apologised. She apologised once and took the cowards way out and played the victim. Had a baby then re joined Instagram?

Pinkii

VIP Member
Just goes to show she hasn’t learnt anything and is still not willing to have a conversation with people about it. No doubt the DM’s are being left unread.
From what I have seen people have been leaving respectful comments on the issue, no one is trolling her or attacking her.

Pinkii

VIP Member
the sheer amount of white women on her comments saying she has apologised and everyone needs to move on is astounding! Are they even reading comments from minority groups to see how people are being affected by such a slur?

emm

VIP Member
I rolled my eyes at the list too, but not everything on it is going to be for everyone.

I don't think readers not being able to relate to everything is the worst thing about that list 😂 and I thought that comment was a massive reach to be fair, despite how much I despise HG and the regurgitated drivel she's peddling right now.
I think it is just strange anyone would look forward to fake tan? a real tan you have got from a nice holiday maybe... but what is stopping you going to boots and fake tanning at home if you want?