Hannah Gale #2 Key worker, childcare shirker, bed lurker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so angry that she’s changed the narrative so everyone is talking about how she was “bullied offline” instead her racist behaviour.

Reactions: 15
I wonder which of her friends and colleagues will come out in support of her and #bekind today given the subject matter.
Bang on style has. She shared Hannah's post and a bit about remember there are people behind the squares

Reactions: 1
I am really interested to know what she going to put on her cv though.
I stopped working as journo as got much (totally get that )
Then I ran around taking pics in front of pink walls with peonies.
Ate chocolate played video games and watched tele.
Did few Instagram stories a week on similar midi dresses or lounge wear but I was always delayed in doing this coz you know life so hard.
Drank Diet Coke.
Got annoyed at toddler.
Went on press trips but stayed in bed but took freebies of course.
had chipped gels
Said I was a 14 but really was a 16. So made most brands look rubbish sizing. No hun you 16.
said was body positivity yet was in denial about 16 size.
The end

Reactions: 9
Not happy to hear she had death threats, that’s awful...but the SUNSET shot!? Can you believe the drama of it.
She’ll make that permanent on her grid but not her apology.
I just.
See ya later Hannah.

• Haha
What I find the funniest is that she blames Tattle for her departure yet claims she never saw any messages about the racial slur. WE WENT ON ABOUT IT FOR WEEKS.

Reactions: 17
I liked Hannah pre-kids. Her writing (racism aside) was witty and relatable. But after she announced her first pregnancy her blog became pretty much obsolete and what she did post became very hit and miss. You could tell she had lost the passion for it. Other lower quality bloggers in my opinion have been offered book deals whilst she just put up the odd post and didn’t seem to take her blogging seriously after having her son. The relaunch of the blog this year was half hearted and not up to scratch.

The handling of the racist language has been poorly handled which I don’t think did her any favours and now she’s using her maternity leave as a convenient time to step back from this shitstorm. It’s a shame as if she really was learning from this, she could have simply apologised and used her platform to highlight her ignorance. There’s a great British born Chinese blogger called Michelle Chai (Daisy Butter) that used to follow her (who called her out when this first started!) that she could have worked with. She’s instead thrown her toys out of the pram by quitting so easily and potentially made this situation even worse by doing so as it comes across as detracting from the original issue.

I don’t think this is the end, she’s probably using pregnancy as an excuse then will be back in a year with a token “I’m back, here’s my child, I’ve taken time away to learn etc etc, here’s a sponsored post”

Reactions: 11
Hannah was clearly only continuing to be an “influencer” for the money and not because she actually enjoyed it. If a lot of brands have dropped her over the past few days then she probably thought there’s no point continuing with her social media presence for the time being. It would be too tone deaf for her to do things like the HG 10 for a while either. The fact she claims she wasn’t reading messages from her followers or interacting with any of them much shows she doesn’t actually have any passion or enjoyment with what she does.
If she has a family member/friend that has offered her a job to tide her over then I think she should just do it and have some normality and structure to her days. I strongly suspect she’ll be back this time next year saying she’s had time to work on her mental health and better herself etc. She won’t want to give up the lazy lifestyle and she knows she still has enough loyal followers who will be pleased to have her back and throw money at her.

Reactions: 5

Yel

If she received death threats then she should screen grab them and report to the police? Not just mention in a throw away pity party post
Infuencers always say people on tattle are sending death threats because it's the worst thing you can make up and no one would say it's acceptable.

Of course it's never actually ever happened on tattle, and if it did the person would be called out by people on tattle and find themselves banned.

Reactions: 14
She did say a while ago she was working on a book, maybe she will get that published? Although god knows what it’s actually about.

To the “hope you’re proud of yourselves”, WE didn’t do anything. If WE had actually had an impact she’d have removed the slur months if not years ago and no more would have been said. Other influencers highlighted her slur last week, picking up on comments from instagram (not here) and it was *that* that she couldn’t cope with: being outed in the ridiculous echo chamber that is the influencer world.

as to her other comments, I’ve never seen ANY death threats, any chat about her activities on an estrangement group, anything wishing actual harm to her unborn child.

Of course I wish her well, I hope she can focus on her children and mental health. Hopefully find some joy in her little family instead of seeing it as an inconvenience. I do think she has used this as an excuse to take some time off, to be honest I wouldn’t have the energy to get back my sponsors if I were 6 months pregnant.

Can imagine her and Susie texting about how they’re victims and it’s so unfair etc

• Angry
  • Haha
She did say a while ago she was working on a book, maybe she will get that published? Although god knows what it’s actually about.

To the “hope you’re proud of yourselves”, WE didn’t do anything. If WE had actually had an impact she’d have removed the slur months if not years ago and no more would have been said. Other influencers highlighted her slur last week, picking up on comments from instagram (not here) and it was *that* that she couldn’t cope with: being outed in the ridiculous echo chamber that is the influencer world.

as to her other comments, I’ve never seen ANY death threats, any chat about her activities on an estrangement group, anything wishing actual harm to her unborn child.

Of course I wish her well, I hope she can focus on her children and mental health. Hopefully find some joy in her little family instead of seeing it as an inconvenience. I do think she has used this as an excuse to take some time off, to be honest I wouldn’t have the energy to get back my sponsors if I were 6 months pregnant.
Self published I wonder or as part of a book deal? As if it’s a book deal she may have got an advance prior to this all coming out, been advised to step back from social media to let this shitstorm calm down and will therefore be living on that advance through her maternity whilst concentrating on writing her book. This just me pondering as I really can’t see how she can support her family on the bfs wage alone especially with a mortgage and two kids

Reactions: 1
Did anyone see what Daisy Butter just retweeted (which I think refers to this situation with the half-arsed apology bit) and I couldn't agree more with the final sentence.

Fragile white femininity is the perfect description of Hannah's actions. I grew up in a working class family who throw around racist terms and used that exact slur to describe Chinese food. Yet I knew it was wrong and didn't use it myself. I still to this day try to get my family not to use it.

It's impossible at the age of 20 (and working in media) for her to not realise that kind of language is absolutely not okay. Was her use of the word knowingly malicious - probably not, but but the end result is the same: normalising racist terms.

1591614674264.png

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The book deal! Forgot about that. Oh shes so gonna pull some autobiographical tit out about her hard life and how noy having a relationship with her mum made her racist.

Reactions: 3
What I find the funniest is that she blames Tattle for her departure yet claims she never saw any messages about the racial slur. WE WENT ON ABOUT IT FOR WEEKS.
Yes! You can’t have it both ways.

Are these people actually joking?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.