Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

UsernameLeah

I am allowed to disagree with what she said while also feeling uncomfortable about 'cancel culture'. It just doesn't sit right with me that one person is being subjected to a barrage of abuse because of something that was posted 7 years ago. I don't know why she didn't delete it, she should have (which I've already said.) She shouldn't have even posted it in the first place. And I'm not saying she's pregnant as an excuse, I'm just saying I think people should bare that in mind when they're petitioning for her to be 'cancelled', as being pregnant is tough enough on your MH.
With all due respect, but speaking as a mixed race person: enough with the “aww poor white woman is preggo” thing. She’ll live. Her hurt feelings aren’t above the feelings of chinese followers who could have come across that post when reading her archives (like I did). Who cares if she wrote it 7 years ago? Time doesn’t make the slur sting less and her unwillingness to remove it was telling.

This discussion needs to take place and she needs to learn that shitty behaviour has consequences. The problem with Hannah is her massive ego/arrogance, that do not match her talents or efforts. She’s been asked countless times (including by me) to edit or delete that post and reflect on the meaning of that word. What did she do? She shrugged, deleted our dms, called us “haters”, maybe blocked us and LEFT. THE. WORD. THERE. Because fuck other people’s feelings, right? Hannah Gale is too good to be told what to do! Remember when she used to proudly announce that she “didn’t have the time or energy” to check DMs from her followers and instead focused on family and friends? Family and friends don’t pay your mortgage. Your followers are YOUR PAYCHECK; at least pretend to give a fuck. Funny how as soon as The Big Fish started clocking up on her bullshit and threatening her brand she’s suddenly “caring” about what we, The Worthless Nobodies, think. Hypocrite.

Her “woke” stances are fake and performative. She’s only “body positive” because it brings on the followers/clout with brands and eases the guilt of living off cheese. And now she’s only saying anything about BLM because EVERYONE IS and also calling out the influencers who stay silent. She wrote it because she felt forced to, and 100% resented every letter of whatever empty platitude she dribbled onto that wall of text that I didn’t even bother to read. She asked for sympathy after Brexit, claiming her immigrant/polish roots, but turned her backside towards people asking the same of her.

She doesn’t get a pass from me. After years of raking it in for minimal effort she started to think she was quite something. She’s nothing but a privileged but ignorant white woman with an awful personality, and it’s time something would bring her down a notch. Unfortunately I don’t think she’ll learn much from this.

• Heart
Reactions: 98

boringbsh

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
You won, Tattle. Enjoy the money, I hope it makes you very happy. Dear Lord, what a sad little life, Tattle. You ruined my night, completely, so you could have the money, but I hope now you spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on. So Tattle, take your money and get off my property.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I feel quite sad for Hannah, I genuinely don’t understand the hate she gets on here. There are some awful, narcissistic, up themselves posers on IG but Hannah just comes across as a nice, normal girl to me. I have often thought the comments on this board are very personal and taking things too far. As for her chinky comment, it’s obviously very offensive but everyone makes mistakes in their twenties, is it really necessary to cause someone a mental breakdown over one ill judged comment?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Pinkii

VIP Member
wow if anyone wants a lesson in what white privilege is then Hannah’s story is perfect.

turning this whole thing into a pity post for herself!? Grow the fuck up Hannah and take responsibility.
Even if 1000’s of anon accounts commented on your post about the racism you still have the responsibility of deleting said post.

Can’t believe the nerve of her, i’m not sorry for what was discussed here, she was lazy and entitled and did not work hard at all, and this was evident more than ever during the pandemic when people were risking their lives everyday and all she did was stay in bed and read and watch tv, and had the audacity to call one blog post a month and hg10 once a week work!

Also Don’t know what she is on about in regards to the estrangement group as nothing private was discussed here but once Again she was quick to privatise fb accounts of all fam members as soon as we mentioned here and yet we discussed the blog post many times and she did nothing about that.

I don’t wish bad for her at all and hope being offline helps her mental health and she learns the meaning of hard work but I don’t feel sorry for her either.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Lovecat90

New thread suggestion based on someone else's brilliant tweet: A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name. It's just a Gale, maybe it will blow over?

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Getback123

Gonna stick my two pence in.
Here’s my trouble with the whole situation. A few years ago me and some family members were ordering takeaway from a Chinese restaurant and a family member said they she couldn’t wait to have THAT WORD for tea. Me and my mum said don’t use that word, it’s just as offensive as saying the N word or the P word. She had no idea, thought it was just a shortened way of saying Chinese and would never use it referring to a person. She apologised and is still embarrassed whenever we order food, mortified infact because she didn’t know. She didn’t know. She apologised. She learnt from her mistake.
I think a lot of us on here have said things out of turn if we are completely honest, learnt from it, apologised for it and moved on
Hannah however by the looks of this was told. Thought 🤷🏻‍♀️ meh. Told again. Thought So what? and has now been told again in the middle of a racism movement gave a half arsed apology full of lies and now gone silent.
You can’t control how others act but you can control how you react to a situation and her silence speaks volumes to me

Reactions: 36

Kat_Valentine

VIP Member
Why did Zoe post about “keeping receipts” and then softly give Hannah a chance?
They’re all a bunch of dull, hypocritical bastards. The sooner this influencer thing is over, the better. Getting paid to sit in your house and arrange shelves, put on makeup or wear a load of cheap, shitty clothes whilst most of the public actually have to go to work in the real world? I’ve never heard of anything so ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Iced Coffee

"1. Stella Artois Raspberry Cider

Stella, the manly, domestic-abuse lager, now has a girlish, sweet, pink drink. Bit gay. Bought one, drank it in front of the England match like a lad and quite enjoyed it. No Rekorderlig, but better than drinking actual Stella."

She had to throw a domestic abuse joke in there too, just for good measure.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Luisa18

Chatty Member
I'm gonna step heavily onto my soap box here, however this isn't necessarily aimed at HG.

One thing these "influencers" (God, how I despise that word) need to understand, and remember is that this is their job. They tell us repeatedly, showing us things they've received for free that us lowly and needing to be influenced plebs MUST HAVE otherwise we are not as good as them, or cannot be like them.

I don't have much of an online presence. I don't post pictures of myself to a wide public audience. I don't understand the need, nor overly care for it. Therefore, because of this, I am not judged for what I say or post online. Anything I might post on a rare occasion, is catered for my "public" who are my close friends and family and are mostly pictures of my dumb dog. However, this is where influencers get it wrong by blurring the lines between their personal lives and their public/work lives. You know that stuff that our employers like to shove down out throats? Not posting publicly about things that might bring negative publicity to the firm/office/employer etc?

If they are so insistent on posting PRIVATE images of their children, partners, houses, animals, personal medical history, I could go on forever.... then they must understand, that they are posting this information into the public domain (usually hash tagged to ensure the widest public scope!) and therefore are open to commentary and criticism.

Comments, such as the work that HG used were not posted on a private messenger site, where I could POSSIBLY understand upset if those had been brought into the public domain, (although privacy doesn't really, truly exist in today's society) but the word was used on her work blog. That's the equivalent of me posting on my corporate firm's front page. I just don't understand how people cannot correlate the issue?

So much personal information is posted online. Boarding passes showing private information, addresses not clearly obscured, Garmin running routes posted regularly, starting and finishing at the same point, views from outside their houses. These influencers show us their entire worlds and then scream foul when they are pulled uo on something.

TLDR: If you don't want people to comment on your life, stop posting your life online! (...and making money from it)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
So growing up my family used the same word HG did. And also another absolutely horrendous word for a local shop. Neither were used with any aggression directed at anyone, it’s just what they called those things. As if it was a normal thing. I mean no one was aggressive so why would you think it wasn’t ok. And if you’re growing up around people using the words all the time and they think it’s ok why would you question it.

Then here’s the thing. I stopped being a child and grew up into a reasonable adult and was living in the real world and I realised how absolutely f-ing awful using these terms was. And would never use them. Never accept anyone using them and always pull people up on it.

So I’m sorry but if you’ve got to the age of 23 without realising how absolutely offensive this is then god I don’t even know. 23!! We aren’t taking about a teenager who has only been around parents using the words and didn’t think anything of it. Unless the people she surrounds herself with actually STILL use these kind of words and are ok with it.

She could have done a better apology and come back from this. Just be honest and say yes I stuffed up, I’m sorry I didn’t realise or didn’t know better and I will do xyz.

Had a massive chat with my young daughters this weekend about the influencer/YouTube industry and how they want you to feel bad about yourself or feel that you’re lacking in something so that you buy the stuff they make money from. One of them said “but mummy why would they be so mean and make me feel like that”.

And I think she has a point. Everyone saying she was bullied and mental health etc. What exactly does an influencer do? It’s their job to make you feel inadequate. To mess with your mental health. To make you buy whatever shit it is that makes them money because you will feel better about yourself if you do. They don’t care about their followers. It’s their job to make you feel a certain way to make money. Because who actually goes to these influencers for anything that they need? I need a new hoover. Oh I’ll go on Instagram and see which influencer got a free one and will give me a biased opinion. Nope. I’ll google it and read reviews.

It absolutely astounds me that anyone can just write about anything and everything. With no filter. No PR team. No legal team. And wonder why it all goes wrong when the shit hits the fan. It’s amateurs doing a job they don’t have the tools for. They’re not writers. Journalists. They’ve basically made this job up and wonder why it all goes wrong.

I’m sorry for the super long post and offloading this all on to you!! I’ve been wanting to post a few things but well life got in the way!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

buffalobarbie

Lots of people seem to be unfollowing on Instagram....about 4K down from yesterday. I was wondering why she hadn’t posted any replies or stories since yesterday but then I remembered that McDonalds reopened today so she’s probably sat in the queue for the drive thru in that ridiculous fleece she’s always wearing 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 30

blossombloss

Chatty Member
I think you guys are taking it a bit far emailing her brand sponsors etc. Yeah she’s made mistakes, lots of people make mistakes. Maybe she’s too embarrassed to apologise but it doesn’t mean she’s not sorry. I suspect she’s just ignorant rather than meaning genuine harm. I just think it’s interfering and busybodying emailing her clients complaining about her. It’s just nasty. If you don’t like what you see just unfollow and carry on with your life. You may need to get one first...
away with you. Allowing people to work with people like Hannah, who by the way is a huge fucking hypocrite, we tell the world it's okay to use your harmful language. Racism is upheld in every industry and finally, people are waking up to it. So no, you go and do some research as you're in a time where there's a wealth of it out there. We don't just unfollow and carry on with our lives because then people get into positions of power and act as morons because no one picked them up on their shit.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Blondie123

1) Who the fuck is Gemma Yates?
2) How shite a name is 'The Leopard', like what does it even mean?
3) Don't actually care about 1 and 2 because it doesn't matter cos she's back and therefore the most entertaining thread on Tattle is ON

Reactions: 28

Jumpindesia

VIP Member
Played the mental health card
Played the I'm pregnant card...
Playing the victim! She should be ashamed!

How she gonna pay the bills?

Reactions: 27