Hannah Gale #2 Key worker, childcare shirker, bed lurker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anti-racism means making an effort to educate yourself and take action, and Hannah's whole shtick is based on self-indulgence, not discipline or commitment. There was no way she could turn this round.

Reactions: 5
I’m not arsed either way. All I see is a woman running away because she can’t face the music. If one of us regular folk that are expected to click links and buy tit that’s constantly drip fed to us, went into word and said something racist, we’d get pulled up on it. We couldn’t quit and never expect a reference.

She’s scapegoated tattle (I for one have never seen death threats or information from a FB group) but how can someone who would inform the entire world about their period moan people are talking about stuff too?

you can’t put it out to not take it, when you have thousands of followers and expect them to do as you say to earn you money, it takes little effort to interact or actually speak to them. ‘I don’t open my DM’s because I’m scared’ utter tripe. At least she could walk into a coffee shop and not worry about being judged about the colour of her skin.

bet she’s more pissed she can’t get more free tit to furnish the house

Reactions: 10
I wonder if she got dropped by a load of brands over the weekend too? We already know Air Wick dropped her, I expect others were close behind.. New Look, Bobbi Brown, Bloom and Wild, La Redoute..

That could have made her decision for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I find it hard to believe that she doesn’t read message requests from followers but if she’s posting about greys anatomy or the best variety of Aldi chocolate she gets plenty of feedback from people?

I’d like to see screenshots from people who contacted her about the blog post to see if they had a read receipt.

Reactions: 4
I find it hard to believe that she doesn’t read message requests from followers but if she’s posting about greys anatomy or the best variety of Aldi chocolate she gets plenty of feedback from people?

I’d like to see screenshots from people who contacted her about the blog post to see if they had a read receipt.
I know that I’ve asked her about the sizing shoes she was trying to push affiliate links for and got left on read. If she left someone who was looking to earn money for her on read then she’s probably left plenty of other people!!!

Reactions: 1
I feel sorry for her children, she’ll have to explain one day why she had to disappear from her job and quit when the going gets tough.
I think it’s right for her mental health that she leaves the internet but I do think the timing of her exit is too convenient to try and avoid the criticism (which is 100% deserved). And also how will she afford to live? this worries me, especially with another baby on the way.
FB344C24-BE52-4187-AC15-0C4B9FEE28E1.png

I found this post on instagram and thought it was highly relevant. You have to be able to admit when you’re wrong and blame yourself alone. It’s a hard pill to swallow and I think everyone is guilty of playing the “I only did it because of....” narrative in different areas of their life.

Reactions: 10
I know that I’ve asked her about the sizing shoes she was trying to push affiliate links for and got left on read. If she left someone who was looking to earn money for her on read then she’s probably left plenty of other people!!!
exactly, so she’s still read the messages but just decided not to bother replying. I really find it hard to believe she didn’t see any of the various insta and blog comments altering her to her word use. Hmmmmmm

I agree. I cant believe people can be on their high horse when they have told someone to kill themselves!! What an awful world where not only horrific racism exists but also wishing death on an unborn baby. I think Hannah genuinely seems scared about how attacked she has been. Her racist comment was awful and inexcusable but what is this culture where we demand death and misery as a fair price for 1 awful mistake? Has noone here ever said anything they might regret, I hear homophobic slang used all the time and I find it very offensive. I assume everyone who is outraged by her doesnt vote Tory given all the horrendous racist comments Boris has said?
No, I absolutely did not vote Tory and I spend a lot of my time campaigning against the government and there racist ways. Not one person on this website has told Hannah to go and kill herself, and not person has wished death on an unborn baby.

its not the fact she said it, it’s the fact it’s been talked about numerous times on this forum, that she herself seems to have looked at and it’s not been removed, so many people have tagged her, DM’d her about her use of the word and she didn’t receive any of them? The way she has addressed the issue is all wrong. I do not wish ill will on anyone but when that is the way you make your living then it’s your job. To say she doesn’t even look through old blog comments, surely she must get a notification that someone has commented? There were several comments. Honestly if you’re not looking at those, when it’s your job, you’re in the wrong one.

Reactions: 4
I can’t believe some of her followers are so ‘devastated’ when she basically admitted she doesn’t even bother opening her messages, despite making her living off selling them stuff and ads

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder if she got dropped by a load of brands over the weekend too? We already know Air Wick dropped her, I expect others were close behind.. New Look, Bobbi Brown, Bloom and Wild, La Redoute..

That could have made her decision for her.
I think you've probably hit the nail on the head. The comment she claims she finally saw was on her Air Wick ad, it was posted on Saturday morning and stayed up all weekend - when she doesn't work. Maybe someone from Air Wick does work weekends, and saw it and that's how she finally found it?

Reactions: 3
If she received death threats then she should screen grab them and report to the police? Not just mention in a throw away pity party post.
I think she got dropped by a few companies, and realised she was going to have to work hard and put in the effort to get people back on side. We all know she's the laziest person around, and it probably seemed like far too much effort.

Reactions: 8
No, I absolutely did not vote Tory and I spend a lot of my time campaigning against the government and there racist ways. Not one person on this website has told Hannah to go and kill herself, and not person has wished death on an unborn baby.

its not the fact she said it, it’s the fact it’s been talked about numerous times on this forum, that she herself seems to have looked at and it’s not been removed, so many people have tagged her, DM’d her about her use of the word and she didn’t receive any of them? The way she has addressed the issue is all wrong. I do not wish ill will on anyone but when that is the way you make your living then it’s your job. To say she doesn’t even look through old blog comments, surely she must get a notification that someone has commented? There were several comments. Honestly if you’re not looking at those, when it’s your job, you’re in the wrong one.
I totally agree with you that bloggers should be held accountable and have a responsibility to engage with their audiences and acknowledge people flagging offensive posts.

As an additional point (not directed to anyone on here) I just personally found the reaction she got quite was appaling and the troll culture is quite scary and a million miles from your point. Death threats and stalking and ridiculing of her family felt quite extreme.

As mentioned I often hear people say, "that so gay" about things now! Grown adults! I do think people should be called up on offensive comments they say!

If she received death threats then she should screen grab them and report to the police? Not just mention in a throw away pity party post.
I think she got dropped by a few companies, and realised she was going to have to work hard and put in the effort to get people back on side. We all know she's the laziest person around, and it probably seemed like far too much effort.
I guess we dont know and speculating feels dangerous. If she is lying about that then I think there are a lot deeper problems going on and she is quite unwell. I think all this proves is that bloggers are on their way out!! If they aren't liked or trusted. I wish all the male celebrities who make sexist racist and homophobic comments took it as seriously!!

Reactions: 3
I'm really hoping this might be the beginning of the end to the influencer culture.. but what are the likes of HG actuallu going to do for work now?

I don't understand why they don't all use the criticism they read on Tattle for their own benefit, instead of just crying troll and flouncing off. No job has zero accountability or performance management but for some reason these influencers think they are free from this!

Reactions: 9
I really think she could have come back from this - A blog series on how she was educating herself, links, working with people she’s worked with before (maybe Candice Braithwaite.) It feels a little like an easy way out, and blaming those that called her out on what she’d written.

Reactions: 6
Just caught up with all this. She’s gone about this the wrong way, she could have salvaged her career by doing an honest and upfront video apologising and then putting her money where her mouth is and making supportive anti-racist content.

However she’s made this all about how ‘bullied’ she is, never once mentioned how the people she offended must feel, didnt use this as an opportunity to highlight the BLM movement (that she is allegedly such a big supporter of). Just me me me.

to be honest it’s for the best, she clearly wasn’t enjoying it anymore and she WILL regret the comments she’s made about her son in a few years. Time to go focus on your children and live a real life.

also whoever was on about voting Tory - obviously not? I’m an active labour member. One of the main reasons I’ve unfollowed numerous people this week is because I’d be a hypocrite to be vocally anti-racist yet continue following these people.

Last edited:
she actually could have come back stronger than before from this imo, she could have done a blog post with a chinese blogger or someone chinese and discussed such derogatory terms and how its affected them and been a real eye opener, but
She has wanted out for ages and that was pretty obvious in her work ethic, now she can leave and blame the trolling for it and give sites like tattle a bad name. The whole meaning of why this happend in the first place is lost now and now the poor white girl is a victim in a week where racism is centre stage.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m disgusted by how many people in her comments are trying to excuse her racist language: “clearly not said in a racist way” “its not a racist slur ffs”.
I believe if you use a racist term it is racist behaviour, that makes you a racist. Is it ok because family and friends said it? Is it ok because she was referring to a takeaway and not a person? No!
And it absolutely reeks of white privilege to make your “apology” about you and flounce out. This isn’t an airport Hannah, no need to announce your departure. But I’m bitterly disappointed you didn’t use your platform to truly make this a learning experience and take some bleeping accountability.

I wonder which of her friends and colleagues will come out in support of her and #bekind today given the subject matter.

I wonder which of her friends and colleagues will come out in support of her and #bekind today given the subject matter.
i unfollowed bangonstyle last night as she was going on about the dark side of social media and re-posted Hannah’s story 🙄

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.