Guru gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am ridiculously upset at losing my thanks. I know it’s a number and it doesn’t matter, but that was the only high number in my life [emoji38][emoji23][emoji24][emoji23]
Same! I had over 7000!! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] I'm now regretting not taking a photo of it, so that when I'd be really old, I'd show it to my grandkids to show them how cool I was back in the day. [emoji23][emoji23]

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Reactions: 3
Same! I had over 7000!! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] I'm now regretting not taking a photo of it, so that when I'd be really old, I'd show it to my grandkids to show them how cool I was back in the day. [emoji23][emoji23]

Aww, you must feel a little gutted, Meg??

It's a poor show, even by their standards.

Obviously had all the backups and decided like counts weren't really important so just put the site live again rather than doing anything to fix it.

PM anyone good on thread you follow to get them over here ;) 6 months online and only about 20 mins downtime and will plug in more power the moment it's running anything less than super fast :D

Reactions: 1
Aww, you must feel a little gutted, Meg[emoji6][emoji23]
A little gutted is putting it mildly, Tulips. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

So glad to know I’m not the only one extremely dissatisfied with the GG update. I made an account over here the other day, the anticipation of the upgrade finally nudged me over, and I think I’m here to stay! GG was already on their last straw for me... what a thoughtless and dumb and pointless upgrade that was. Yikes.

Reactions: 2
Gah, GG is awful now! I only go there for the Peter Monn thread, anyway. Maybe we should have one here?

I actually thought the forum had been running a lot better before the update, now it's back to being a slow running piece of crap. I'm about to be banned anyway for advertising this forum too much. Lol. The mods really need to get a life. If they weren't so power hungry and actually sorted out the forum's functionality people wouldn't be so tempted to bin it off.

Reactions: 7
I'm starting to wonder whether BipolarMorgan intentionally made the site worse out of spite:rolleyes:

I made an account there to finally post in my favorite thread that I'd been lurking in for a year. I made an innocuous post, on topic, no swear words, got approved, had to change 1 word for clarity, got deleted. I was told I broke a rule when I honestly didn't...so I came over here instead. Power hungry much? On top of that, the forum's speed really gives me flashbacks to the dial-up days...

Reactions: 3
OK, I will start one, I can't decide which category to put him in because he isn't a guru, nor an influencer, so I will go for the family section.

He literally has his pathetic kiss ass mods on the update thread telling him it’s so AMAZING LOOKING and FAST when it looks hip for 1999 and is slower [emoji1319] than [emoji1319] ever [emoji1319] lol I can’t. Sometimes I think every mod account is just him talking to himself alone in his basement [emoji23]

Reactions: 4
OK, I will start one, I can't decide which category to put him in because he isn't a guru, nor an influencer, so I will go for the family section.
Great! If you don't mind I'll move it to infuencers, I know it's not a great name but it's our "everyone else" category. Hopefully we'll grow and be able to split that out into something better.

Double post but just checked out their complaints thread. Saying it can't be helped losing the thanks count. It's not difficult. It's the most simple of tasks in databases to restore it, just a mixture of incompetence and lazyness.

They just don't care, because they know 95% of people won't move no matter how crappy it is.

Reactions: 5
Double post but just checked out their complaints thread. Saying it can't be helped losing the thanks count. It's not difficult. It's the most simple of tasks in databases to restore it, just a mixture of incompetence and lazyness.

They just don't care, because they know 95% of people won't move no matter how crappy it is.
And if or when they do another big update in the future you know the thanks will be reset again anyways. It's still loading very slow on my end when I went to check before I went hmm... no thank you and closed out the tab. Like how long does it take to fix the slow loading pages? Why make it worse then before the update? And lastly, who would be proud to be a mod on such an outdated site?

^ They've done updates in the past where it's taken 2 or 3 days and the thanks/likes counts weren't reset during those times. It's annoying but it's first world problems and all that lol. I just don't understand why it's loading very slowly after this 'major' update, it hadn't been like that in a while- it was actually going ok for GG :D

This update has completely put me off of going on GG. It's slow af!
Like, why bother changing something that was okay to absolute shite? It makes no sense! [emoji2368][emoji2356]
Also, I didn't pay much attention when I first read BM saying that "resetting thanks gives us goals to get back to our previous status". But then, it really annoyed me as it shows 0 respect for us users, without whom he wouldn't have the income that he does. He basically said: F* off and I don't appreciate being told to f* off. [emoji35][emoji2959][emoji23][emoji23] So, I suppose my GG days are coming to an end. I've actually had to turn off Tapatalk notifications as it was annoying the crap out of me!!
I hope I'll get more into Tattle, it's just that I sometimes find there isn't a lot of interaction.

^ Same here... I find myself going on there less and less now (maybe that's a good thing ;):p)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.