Guru gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy 2019, I can't access the site at the moment, not that I visit daily

Thought I would go read some bashings and nada site is not accessible!

We want to give thanks to all our members and wish you all a Happy New Year this 2019!

Also, we have some additional news regarding a software upgrade we will be performing this month. There will be 2-3 days where the site will be offline unfortunately while performing the upgrade. I'm working with the moderators to narrow down an exact time frame, however, it is tentatively planned for mid month this January 2019! This new upgrade will get the forum software to the newest version, which will cause some changes to a few things. So far, during testing, I've been able to get most of the important add on features updated as well for the new version, ie: the thanks feature and some moderator functions. I've also been adjusting the new style to look similar to the existing site as it is now. Hopefully after the update we will see even less errors than before and I'm hoping it improves load times overall as well.

That's all for now, we will keep you updated as we narrow down the dates for this much needed upgrade.

I don't really follow that thread so probably missing out on knowledge, but are people moving back to the other site? :eek:

What's the reasoning behind this very strict no diagnosing rule? I can see how it could get a bit out of hand but it seems a bit blunt.
I’m sure a lot of it stemmed from when people were diagnosing forever kailyn with many many different issues and they did clamp down on it a lot after that

Reactions: 1
I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm kind of looking forward to when GG will be down for a few days as it will give me a break from it lol. I just find myself going over to it whenever I have free time which is worrying (I hope I'm not the only one lol). Obviously I can simply choose not to go on it anymore but it's not that easy... These forums are so addictive:eek: It just means I'll be spending more time on this one during those days, damn:ROFLMAO:

I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm kind of looking forward to when GG will be down for a few days as it will give me a break from it lol. I just find myself going over to it whenever I have free time which is worrying (I hope I'm not the only one lol). Obviously I can simply choose not to go on it anymore but it's not that easy... These forums are so addictive:eek: It just means I'll be spending more time on this one during those days, damn[emoji23]
You're definitely not the only one! It's my guilty pleasure! I try to look at the bright side though, which is at least it doesn't cost me a penny! [emoji23][emoji23]

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Reactions: 2
Haha! I keep telling myself that when the weather gets better, I'll spend less free time on forums and more outside, but atm it's really cold, so it does make sense! [emoji16][emoji23]

I need to start coming to Tattle more often, I always instinctively go to GG but recently I’ve fallen out of love with it. An I don’t like the new forum update. Wail!

That's one slow and ugly site, couldn't run a piss up in a brewery springs to mind.

This site is run by actual professionals that have worked on top tier bank and shop websites and will always be kept really fast and with a low amount of ads :)

Reactions: 6
That's one slow and ugly site, couldn't run a piss up in a brewery springs to mind.

This site is run by actual professionals that have worked on top tier bank and shop websites and will always be kept really fast and with a low amount of ads :)
piss up in a brewery — lmfao!
Honestly, I hate what they’ve done to it - it’s slow and so difficult to navigate. Having this site run so smoothly is soooo refreshing :D

piss up in a brewery — lmfao!
Honestly, I hate what they’ve done to it - it’s slow and so difficult to navigate. Having this site run so smoothly is soooo refreshing :D
Glad to have you here! Do spread the word and we're always open to new ideas to run the place. Won't get banned for not agreeing with a mods decision ;)

I do remember someone linking this site on a lot of GG threads, I think they probably got banned lol

Idgaf what the site looks like because I only use Tapatalk, I thought the update was supposed to make it faster?? Literally nothing will load?? What a bunch of idiots srsly

I knew the update would duck it up. It takes 10 refreshes to get a page to load and they have lost all the thanks

It's absolutely ridiculous! If this update's goal was to improve GG and make it easier for users, then it completely backfired. Also, why is it back up and running 1 day in, when they had said it would be 3?! It's pretty obvious that they weren't prepared!

The updated version doesn't seem user-friendly at all, it's all over place with too much going on (and is taking a while to load each page). It's not the end of the world lol but it's a shame the Has Thanked/Been Thanked counts have gone back to 0.

So that was the big update for GG?! An uglier interface, extremely slow (like dial-up internet slow) loading pages, and resetting the thanks count? Basically, they made it even worse than before. Brilliant...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I am ridiculously upset at losing my thanks. I know it’s a number and it doesn’t matter, but that was the only high number in my life :LOL:???

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.