Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moe

VIP Member
I would love to watch the series they made about Greggs some years back. I saw some bits but wasn’t paying much attention as I was a bit of a snob regarding them.
I ventured into one earlier this year as I’d heard about the vegan sausage rolls. Couldn’t get over the prices. The staff were lovely and I loved everything. Truly converted now.

Readread

VIP Member
We dont even have the mexican chicken ovalbites anymore. We do have mexican chicken wraps though and they are so good.
Ah that's a shame, tbh you're not missing much, they've changed the sauce and it's not as good! I do agree, the wrap is so good! It's got some sort of chilli jam?

Beaversabout

Chatty Member
I love the new cheese and qourn ham baguette, toasted. 😍 It costs more to toast though. 🤔
Also, the mint mochas are really good. It's a shame they cant have a soy milk option unless it's regular coffee and tea.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Margarita pizza! No it's not fancy, but it's yummy.
Whoever is saying that it's always Luke warm, I got one on Tuesday and I could barely hold it it was that hot through the paper bag.

Caramel custard donut and yum yums are👌

The vegan steak bakes are pretty good too, less keen on the sausage roll.

I'm intrigued where were you at? Vegan options are pretty good in the central lakes.
lol well I guess it was your lucky day

DuckDuck

VIP Member
Am I the only one who thinks Greggs is actually very expensive?!
Yes you are 😂. 4 sausage rolls for £3.00 , I think that’s rather cheap. Steak baked are banging !! I don’t think they’re even £2.00 , get them straight out of the oven and it’s like Christmas

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Anyone know when the festive baguettes will be available? I just remembered Greggs start selling them closer to Xmas, but not sure when.

The pasty bakes and bap style sandwiches have gone downhill from what they were years ago.

I would mainly go in for the classic sausage rolls. Vegan ones taste like dirt. Partial to a steak bake but would have preferred meat and potato, which I wasnt pleased to see go. Potato wedges aren't too bad and I consider them good value. And although I am no fan of pizza, their pizza slices are surprisingly good. Sweet goods are dry. Mediocre at best.

I don't overtly enjoy Greggs, but the town I live in has up until recently, very little choice for food on the go, I consider Greggs a choice when I do not want to spend much money. I much prefer Waterfields for this type of cuisine.

kev1974

VIP Member
The Greggs in my town had to stop putting out sandwiches on a morning because people were just running in and nicking them straight off the shelves. Have to ask what they've got behind the counter now.

Crazy place at times is old Greggs.
Do you live in that place where Tesco has positioned security guards on the way OUT and is insisting on seeing a receipt from every customer?