Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Margarita pizza! No it's not fancy, but it's yummy.
Whoever is saying that it's always Luke warm, I got one on Tuesday and I could barely hold it it was that hot through the paper bag.

Caramel custard donut and yum yums are👌

The vegan steak bakes are pretty good too, less keen on the sausage roll.

I always preferred Sayers and Waterfields growing up, there weren’t many greggs and I never liked them that much anyway. When I spent some time in Greater Manchester I discovered Greenhalgh’s and loved their cheese pies and cream cakes. Now I’m vegan I’m thankful for the few vegan options Greggs have 🙏🏻 I practically survived on their sausage rolls on a weekend break to the lakes.
I'm intrigued where were you at? Vegan options are pretty good in the central lakes.

Warpaint

VIP Member
There's a popular local bakery in my area called Copland's which is like Greggs. It was founded in Scarborough and has a few stores around the area into Brid and Hull and so on... they also sell their frozen items in Iceland now

My question is... do they sell them in all Iceland's or just the areas that have a Cooplands? 😂
Always used to get Copland's when in Whitby! Remember it being good quality.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Since they had a make over the one near me is hardly ever stocked. They used to have a counter that took up a fair bit of room and you had to queue but it was always stocked and the place was super busy. Now they’ve tried to go a bit up market and put seating in there is less room for the food, which they always seem to be out of stock of. Such a shame.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I’ve not been to one myself but looking online it seems to be anything from their usual menu! There’s a video where someone bought doughnuts and I can see the bacon rolls, sandwiches etc on another photo
You would think it has to be hot food like McDonalds. Picking up cold food through a drive thru isn't exactly ideal.

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
Can anyone confirm or deny the rumour that they have permanently discontinued the sausage, bean and cheese melt?! I am hyperventilating here!!!!!!

square_spoon

VIP Member
I used to love the Mexican chicken oval (years and years ago) but they became so dry and over the last few years that I'm over them now. I feel like Greggs is somewhere that used to be great but now it's just meh. I do love the Iceland range though, great for a hangover 🤣

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Suppose it depends what youre comparing it to.

I find it one of the more affordable options when out and about for a quick bite to eat but its definitely shot up in price. £1.90 for a steak now and £1.60 for a sausage and bean bake.

Raininvain

VIP Member
I had such bad heartburn from a Greggs vegan sausage roll I thought I was going to die. I was visiting my Mum in hospital and had to dash out to buy Rennies from the chemist near door. Never again.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Chicken Oval bites. And the vegan sausage rolls are pretty good. I don't normally eat pastries and cakes so nothing else really

orlyb1310

VIP Member
You can get Cooplands frozen pasties in Heron. Never had them or seen the bakeries before either though.

Sardine

Chatty Member
In terms of hot food, I don't eat pork so I'm a huge fan of their vegan sausage rolls.I've tried their wedges and chicken strips too which are actually pretty cheap for a warm lunch. Also chicken bake is up there with one of my favourite things ever ❤

The omlette baguette cheered me up the other morning but I really think they should offer a meat free sausage at breakfast!

Cold stuff: I like their sandwiches, tuna crunch baguette & Mexican oval bite.

Sweet: I love their yum yums and doughnuts.

JLXRD

VIP Member
I had a cheese salad baguette from there today and it was heaven. I’m still obsessed with their milk choc chip cookies, have to stop myself buying them.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Im partial to a steak bake or a sausage and cheesy bean bake. My local stores dont seem to have the non vegan sausage and bean bakes lately. I like the vegan sausage rolls but vegan cheese Im not keen on so not sure how the bake will be. Has anyone tried it?

The new chicken and stuffing hot baguette is good as are the sticky toffee muffins, theyre new and brilliant.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Went in for a vegan sausage, bean and cheese melt the other day and had a browse and there was no space for the normal version - sorry guys😬😬

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Their sandwiches are rubbish, whenever I've bought one the bread always seems a bit stale and just horrible.

The baguettes and sub rolls are nice though! I like the ham salad and egg sub roll.

The jam donuts are gooooood too!

and the wedges from the hot takeaway bit are lovely!

Warpaint

VIP Member
Went in today for a Mint Mocha but ended up with a 4 pack of Christmas buns due to them having no hot drinks on

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
Pigs under blanket baguette is out now. Think its 22nd for festive bakes.
Is that not really late for a festive menu?

Suppose it depends what youre comparing it to.

I find it one of the more affordable options when out and about for a quick bite to eat but its definitely shot up in price. £1.90 for a steak now and £1.60 for a sausage and bean bake.
I should rephrase that, I think it’s expensive for what it is. Would rather pay a bit more and go Costa tbh! Their chicken salad baguettes are decent though!