Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Haven’t forgiven them for stop doing ham and pease pudding stotties (if you’re from the North East you know! 😋)
Gregg's stotties were the best

Steak bake and a caramel custard doughnut for me, ta!

I like their mexican chicken sandwich if I don’t fancy a pasty. Although if you’re northern, it’s all about Cooplands bakery!
Are Cooplands part of the Co-operative group? I've only seen their bakeries beside a Co-op. I mentally call them Co-op lands which is strange because I think of the co-op as the coop.

Last edited:

Tublet83

VIP Member
Gregg's do need to sort out the temperature of baked items. For me it is definitely a big negative of the chain.

For example, if you are lucky you may get a hot pasty fresh from the oven. Otherwise you have to make do with a lukewarm, or cold one from the front counter.

I know they don't keep food warm due to the 'pasty tax', although how much more expensive would it be to provide piping hot ones? You can walk into many Sainsbury's and Tesco stores and pick up a piping hot baked item for a reasonable price.

Why not at Gregg's?
You can ask for anything to be warmed up if you want?

SwimmingPigs

Chatty Member
I'm sure Greggs used to have more choie than they do now.
I love the Tuna Crunch baguette! I used to love this doughnut but haven't seen it in years:

https://tattle.life/threads/19920/

Raininvain

VIP Member
There's a popular local bakery in my area called Copland's which is like Greggs. It was founded in Scarborough and has a few stores around the area into Brid and Hull and so on... they also sell their frozen items in Iceland now

My question is... do they sell them in all Iceland's or just the areas that have a Cooplands? 😂
Here they sell Cooplands stuff in Herons only and its Greggs stuff in Iceland. I bought a pack of 2 cheese bakes the other day. I put one in the oven the next thing it was black ,charred to a cinder so it went in the bin. So I put another in, took it out, then a thousand peppercorns fell right on it, so that had to go in the bin too.

I'm sure Greggs used to have more choie than they do now.
I love the Tuna Crunch baguette! I used to love this doughnut but haven't seen it in years:

They did!, I once asked whats happened to the cheese salad baguette and was told they had a limited menu due to Covid!

Last edited:

Lord Voldemort

I do like Greggs for a cheap lunch. I like their coffee, it's drinkable unlike a lot of other machine coffee. I like their cheese toasties, baguettes, sausage rolls and yum yums. Oh and chocolate muffins. I don't like their doughnuts, I find them very oily tasting.
My favourite bakery is Simmons, they have the most amazing jam doughnuts, and do a great pastrami in focaccia sandwich. Wenzels is a close second, they have the most incredible cronut type things and giant fondant fancies. My husband loves the vegan patties.
Wenzels iced Donuts are delicious. I also prefer their sausage rolls to Greggs, but you can't beat a Greggs Yum yum

Readread

VIP Member
Mexican chicken oval bites used to be really good but they changed them recently. The Mexican chicken baguette is nice.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I live in a cooplands area and aside from always having to ask for my iced fingers to be in a box because the icing always sticks to the bag they’re great. My granny always had their bread. But I was sad to see the company been bought up by another recently. Cooplands already owned a couple of other local bakeries but this small group got taken over. So unfortunately I can see it declining to meet higher demands ☹

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Is that not really late for a festive menu?

I should rephrase that, I think it’s expensive for what it is. Would rather pay a bit more and go Costa tbh! Their chicken salad baguettes are decent though!
It was so late for the festive bakes :eek: I was so peed off 😂 I love a festive bake.

Im not that keen on Costa food but coffee is ok. Tbh out of everything I usually just get a Tesco meal deal if I want a quick bite 🙈