Greggs bakery

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like their tandoori chicken baguette. And their sausage rolls. I haven't been in Greggs for about a year though. I might need to go in there again soon. I have one in my local town about 5 mins away. I quite fancy sausage rolls. I'll eat them cold, I don't mind haha.
OMG forgot about the tandoori chicken baguette! 😱😍

Reactions: 1
Used to love their Mexican chicken roll. Then they changed it and added chilli sauce and now I hate it 😞 it was the only sandwich I ate from there. Controversial, but I don’t like their sausage rolls.

Love their Tottenham cake and London cheesecakes though.

Sausage rolls, pizza, the Mexican sandwich, I think at one point there was wedges in some sauce, triple chocolate muffin, yum yum, donuts

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Greggs breakfasts are the one- so cheap but exactly what you need on a weekend morning! The cheese and bacon wraps are delicious too.

I love their sausage rolls and the cheese and onion and sausage, bean and cheese pasty 😍 wouldn’t say no to a steak bake either!

I can’t believe the hate around the pizzas! I love them! I love the ham and cheese toasties too.

Reactions: 4
Greggs tends to have different things depending on which part if the county your are in. So Manchester tarts in Manchester, Tottenham Cake in London etc. Poundbakery is definitely more popular here though. There is always a queaue outside even in normal non Covid times!

Reactions: 3
They need to bring back ham and pease pudding stotties!

Greggs tends to have different things depending on which part if the county your are in. So Manchester tarts in Manchester, Tottenham Cake in London etc. Poundbakery is definitely more popular here though. There is always a queaue outside even in normal non Covid times!
Here’s the regional differences (probably out of date due to rona)

Margarita pizza! No it's not fancy, but it's yummy.
Whoever is saying that it's always Luke warm, I got one on Tuesday and I could barely hold it it was that hot through the paper bag.

Caramel custard donut and yum yums are👌

The vegan steak bakes are pretty good too, less keen on the sausage roll.

I always preferred Sayers and Waterfields growing up, there weren’t many greggs and I never liked them that much anyway. When I spent some time in Greater Manchester I discovered Greenhalgh’s and loved their cheese pies and cream cakes. Now I’m vegan I’m thankful for the few vegan options Greggs have 🙏🏻 I practically survived on their sausage rolls on a weekend break to the lakes.
I'm intrigued where were you at? Vegan options are pretty good in the central lakes.

I love the vegan sausage rolls, the new quorn ham and cheese baguette is really nice too. I wanted it heated up, but the guy serving me said they hadn't had the heat up sheet in yet. So he gave it to me for free 😂 Heated it up at home! Massive fan of the Tottenham Cake, but only if I go early in the morning, or the sponge tastes stale 😩

• Heart
I love the vegan sausage roll, and think I was one of the relative few who love(d?) the vegan steak bake, which seems to have discontinued in recent weeks. I tried its replacement, the vegan sausage bean & cheese melt but wasn’t keen at all. I wish they’d bring back the vegan steak bake - I can understand why it might not have been a hit as the filling had quite a soggy texture, but as somebody who’s been a vegetarian for 15+ years and eats Quorn several times a week I’m very used to the soft/soggy texture of a lot of their products and loved it 😅
Never been a fan of their sweet stuff.

We have a Greggs drive thru near my office which is always very busy.

Their sandwiches are rubbish, whenever I've bought one the bread always seems a bit stale and just horrible.

The baguettes and sub rolls are nice though! I like the ham salad and egg sub roll.

The jam donuts are gooooood too!

and the wedges from the hot takeaway bit are lovely!

The pasty bakes and bap style sandwiches have gone downhill from what they were years ago.

I would mainly go in for the classic sausage rolls. Vegan ones taste like dirt. Partial to a steak bake but would have preferred meat and potato, which I wasnt pleased to see go. Potato wedges aren't too bad and I consider them good value. And although I am no fan of pizza, their pizza slices are surprisingly good. Sweet goods are dry. Mediocre at best.

I don't overtly enjoy Greggs, but the town I live in has up until recently, very little choice for food on the go, I consider Greggs a choice when I do not want to spend much money. I much prefer Waterfields for this type of cuisine.

Don't have a Greggs where I live, ☹☹ although there is one in the next town
I love the oval bites !
My other half will often go to Greggs for breakfast when at work, as he seems to work nearer to them, I mentioned 1 day that I'd love a greggs sausage roll, not thinking he'd be paying attention, but he did, and brought 1 home for me! 🤣🤣
There is another bakers near where I live, Baynes, not sure if they are just a Scottish company? Pretty much the same as greggs though

• Heart
Margarita pizza! No it's not fancy, but it's yummy.
Whoever is saying that it's always Luke warm, I got one on Tuesday and I could barely hold it it was that hot through the paper bag.

Caramel custard donut and yum yums are👌

The vegan steak bakes are pretty good too, less keen on the sausage roll.

I'm intrigued where were you at? Vegan options are pretty good in the central lakes.
lol well I guess it was your lucky day

I like the sticky toffee muffin they have started doing :love: I don't know if they've sold it before as this is the first year I noticed it.

• Heart
Currently on 4/9 drinks on my greggs app. I have been getting the pumpkin spiced latte which is lovely

I live in Australia and for some reason I really wanted to visit Greggs in the UK, mainly for their cheese and onion bake, When I eventually visited in (2019) it did not disappoint. The first morning we where in Edinburgh, we had breakfast just a simple sausage bap and some other bits it was very nice and cheap. The thing we fell in love with was these strawberry tart things, they were small but they had pastry with a custard filling and strawberry on top with some sticky red stuff, they were about 70 pence each or you could buy 6 for 3 pound, me and mum ate so many of those tarts. Anyway the cheese and onion bake was nice however when they first handed it to me it was very cold I must of look confused however the lady serving me said wait there are some fresh hot ones coming out of the oven and she let me keep the cold one as well. ( I since found out they do not keep their bakes warm because of I think VAT reasons) However we did try loads of things from Greggs in the month we were in UK, we just loved it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3